When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

rolex daytona 6263. gen or franken.

rkdk

Unless it was a face to face deal I would not do it. The only way to pay for these is by bank wire and that is not the safest way. PayPal will not cover anything more than $5000.so in this case you are at the mercy of the seller. You have no recourse if the deal goes bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. I would fly in and get the watch. No question. Ive done deals before, and always face to face. 

I agree that the 14K euros is a great price. I do think the Rolex service will run more than 800 euros though. But even if it cost's 2K euros for a service, it's still a good deal IMO. A Rolex service is the best way to go on these watches!

if he really wants to sell it and have him get it serviced and you tell him you pay the service charge, if he's not willing to agree then don't do it. There are so many parts on this watch that can be replicated it could affect the price tremendously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So is the movement stamped 72, 726, 72C or 727 on the baseplate?

Edit - Closer look and can see it's 727. Checking against ref pics it all looks OK. 

If you're spending that much money though then first buy the seller and second get it checked out by a real expert, not us armchair interweb hobbyists  ;)

So is the movement stamped 72, 726, 72C or 727 on the baseplate?

Edit - Closer look and can see it's 727. Checking against ref pics it all looks OK.

If you're spending that much money though then first buy the seller and second get it checked out by a real expert, not us armchair interweb hobbyists ;)

Best rep Daytona experts change the main plate too with a 727 stamped one.

Best rep Daytona experts change the main plate too with a 727 stamped one.

Yeah I figured....there's only so long you can stare at movement pics though and I couldn't see anything obvious. Like I said though the best experts who've handled hundreds of these over a lifetime of buying/selling/owning them will likely tell in an instant and I'd def get it checked by one of them if the seller is not a known good guy or respected trader who will back it unconditionally.

The movement looks ok to me. The attachment screws are in the right place, gears are the right color. Balance is correct.

The backside of the case at the pushers is correct.

Like I say, if you have Rolex service it, you'll be all set for the next 5-7 years