When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lug width issue

derik429

Hello.

I recently picked up my Pam 243 from Vac, which is amazing! I also picked up a gen strap. They are both 24 lug width, but when I installed the strap I seem to have very little play between the lugs. Has anyone come across this before? Any ideas on how I can close that gap? b59ee53b16d3b29aad302b35e23955b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No mate! All my straps have tight fit on my pams!

@OP: Is your strap exactly 24mm? And are your lugs exactly 24mm?

Thanks mate, didn't know that! I thought the little gap was so the strap doesn't get scratched or something :p

Both of the Pams I've had were perfect fit for a Gen 24mm strap, it would bug the crap outta me otherwise  :huh:  my ocd kicks in pretty quick ! I'd have thought you could manipulate the strap to stretch it a little and fill the gap quite easily with the strap you have.

Both of the Pams I've had were perfect fit for a Gen 24mm strap, it would bug the crap outta me otherwise  :huh:  my ocd kicks in pretty quick ! I'd have thought you could manipulate the strap to stretch it a little and fill the gap quite easily with the strap you have.

What do you think is the easiest way to stretch it is?

I'd start by warming the strap up in the sun and give it some pressure to widen it with your fingers, off the watch of course  ;)  I'd wait for one of the strap guys to comment further on it to make sure you don't damage it derik  :)

Leather will stretch if you get it wet. I'll be easy to pull it that little bit wider. Problem is going to come when you wear it. The strain pulling the leather lengthwise instead of width wise will pull it back to where it was before.

You gotta remember, that's a dead animal hide. They can cut it perfect, but half a millimeter isn't hard to lose when they finish the edges.

You could try getting some edge paint and just hitting right around the lug hole. That actually might be your best bet. You can peel it off if you need. Or get something called UW 13/8 it's a edge gloss. It's basically like a clear liquid plastic. Use a q-tip and just hit that end of the strap that sits between the lugs.

Leather will stretch if you get it wet. I'll be easy to pull it that little bit wider. Problem is going to come when you wear it. The strain pulling the leather lengthwise instead of width wise will pull it back to where it was before.

You gotta remember, that's a dead animal hide. They can cut it perfect, but half a millimeter isn't hard to lose when they finish the edges.

You could try getting some edge paint and just hitting right around the lug hole. That actually might be your best bet. You can peel it off if you need. Or get something called UW 13/8 it's a edge gloss. It's basically like a clear liquid plastic. Use a q-tip and just hit that end of the strap that sits between the lugs.

Thanks for the info!

Where can I find the edge paint or the UW 13/8