When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Macro attempt....

droptopman

Ok, so I am sick of having poor pictures and really do not want to invest in a high end camera I will have to learn how to use. So I finally broke down and bought an Olliclip attachment for my iPhone and a really good loupe.
Here are a couple attempts in my office using the olliclip. Cleary it takes some practice.......

1ba5e9ff064f0c42dd2d8e9d18676dfd.jpg

be3e6c5b3cdb83f0314b680e8e34885c.jpg

076b22c285e09f84299dc24dc78a4298.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks guys. That was only a couple of minutes trying the different lenses. @508 that is the same one I got. I already have a wide angle so just wanted the macros. Taken with iPhone 6+.

Pretty easy to use. Went online and they have a nice tutorial. Key is to get the lens really close. I will mess around with it and bound to improve.

Cannot wait to get some 6538 shots

I'd been considering a macro lens, like 50mm F2.8 for my Canon. I'm thinking I'll just get the macro Olloclip

http://www.olloclip.com/product/iphone5-macro-3-in-1/

considering it will be infrequent that I use it.

The 50 Macro 2.5 is nice, but it's awesome when used with the Life-Size Convertor.

Droptop

Photos look great, looks like your learning curve was a straight line to go.

Edited by Skywatch

Hey! This might sound crazy, but it really did work; place a small drop of water on the lens of the iPhone and it turns it into a macro lens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey! This might sound crazy, but it really did work; place a small drop of water on the lens of the iPhone and it turns it into a macro lens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cool. I'll try it. How do you keep the water from sliding off if the camera is held vertically or at an angle? I can see that working if you hold it completely flat above the subject you are photographing.