When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

7 May pics

GenTLe

what do you mean by backdoor gen

sent from BOOOOOOOOOM

I'm guessing that by backdoor gen he means that it's the same movement / same parts / same factory etc but that it's not recognised by tissot as a tissot. A "night run" of sorts. But then again I could be entirely wrong.

As for today I wore:

20150430-1_zpsvomkngqu.jpg

It must be over a year since i created this stunning watch for you?

AJ

At least. I am very pleased with it.

If I can get a high end dial and movement a next project should be possible  B)  Have you had any other builds beside the repeater  the last year?

Unfortunately not due to work/family commitments. Lots of mods to regular watches:-)  Always happy to assist.

Regards

AJ

Great to know!!

what do you mean by backdoor gen

sent from BOOOOOOOOOM

I mean that probably it is a gen discarded by Tissot quality control (you can see the bezel is not perfectly aligned and the date too). They sell them here: http://m.aliexpress.com/store/storeHome.htm?storeNo=1452522&tracelog=store2mobilestore Edited by GenTLe

@cc33 - g#ddamn!  That is an amazing pic.  I just downloaded it to send over to Dazza to see if he can help me make my dial look halfway as decent as yours.  :)

@dbane883 - I believe this is the best photo I have ever seen ANYWHERE of the new SD4000.  Seriously, this captures the essence of the watch and dial like no other pic online has.   :clap2: