When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Uhhhh ... who makes the best sub

TJGladeRaider

Sorry, couldn't help myself

It's been a while since I checked in ... lots of developments in my life.  For my old friends, I'm spending most of my time in KY these days.  I didn't sell my home in Florida, but I'm heir to our family estate in KY (since 1916) and I have to be here to manage it.  Quaint little shack in the woods!

I'm disappointed to hear that Rob has retired.  Ziggy has been a wonderful resource for many years.  He certainly did some fabulous work for me.

I just got back from vacation in Jamaica where I ruined a rep Panerai (that I wasn't particularly fond of) leading me to conclude that I needed a new gen dive watch.  I ordered  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00725FCMC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00 and Amazon delivered it today.  If the government could just be half as efficient as Amazon!  I chose the solar option because I wanted a watch I could leave set until I needed it without having to set date/time.  My first watch was a Seiko automatic dive watch, a high school grad present in 1975.  That thing performed flawlessly for at least 15 years ... maybe 20. I hope this does as well. 

Anyway, good to see that so many of the old regulars are still around. 

Bill

Home.jpg

Vandalizing watches??!!  Moi???  Never.  I would never abuse a watch.  At least not since my last stress test.  *cough*

I do have a new idea though... a case/crystal strength test to see how they hold up under a mild impact. 

Problem is, I can't get the sights to settle down on my .338 Lapua.  :bangin:

Vandalizing watches??!!  Moi???  Never.  I would never abuse a watch.  At least not since my last stress test.  *cough*

I do have a new idea though... a case/crystal strength test to see how they hold up under a mild impact. 

Problem is, I can't get the sights to settle down on my .338 Lapua.  :bangin:

I have a wonderfully nice 45-70 you could use ... trajectory like a rainbow but the impact necessary to destroy the evidence.

Funny thing about the 45-70.  There are so many old rifles out there chambered for it, that most manufacturers sell what amounts to a cowboy load.  The ammo intended for modern 45-70's is some pretty extreme stuff.

Bill

You guys with your lever-action plinkers......
If you really want to 'test' a watch properly, you need a 12-ga or, at least, a .30-06.
And good to see you chambering around these parts again, TJ!

Hi Freddy, glad to see you're still around.

Check the ballistics of a hot loaded 500 grain 45-70 round ... a real shoulder killer.

As far as Nanuq "missing," I dunno whether he can shoot worth a flip or not but I do know he is a serious threat to anything that ticks.

LOL

Bill

Great to see you, Bill!

Are you still chasing down bad guys these days?

:)

I'm not retired but pretty much so since it takes almost all of my time to deal with everything on my plate here.

How has everything been with you.  Still haunting the board I see.

Any good recommendations as to whom one would send watches to be repaired/modified since Rob retired?  I have an O&W Mirage III with a Valjoux movement that needs to be repaired.  It's a fabulous watch but too much vibration on the Harley broke the screw holding the rotor on.  I have some other things that need repair as well.

Thanks,

Bill

Hey Bill, been busy but I thought I would pop in and say hey :)

You have probably missed it but since your last visit member offshore passed away. :(

Ken

Hi Ken, I had no idea ... thanks for letting me know.  That's sad ... he was a really decent guy.

Bill

Long time, no see.  Adopt me and I'll fix your stuff, err, watch stuff that is...

Are ya doing watch repair stuff.  Jack, that Ubi referred me to for my gen can handle it but it looks like a long wait.  He doesn't do anything with reps.

Bill