When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

best way to ship back to a TD from CONUS?

cavi

I used USPS Priority International Service.   Excellent tracking and the TD received it in 7 days.   Not the cheapest method.   I believe is cost me ~~$40 from Boston to China.

There's also the risk of it being lost completely.   Can't you find a local watch-smith to handle it for you?

I sent mine back via USPS parcel, it took three weeks, tracking was only available stateside and the cost was $16. So those are the options, one week vs three weeks 16 vs 40... Just so you know the other option available. You save a few pennies by doing your postage online also.

I sent a few things from the US back to China including two DW cases (when DW was more or less honest). All gone without a trace, nothing ever arrived...supposedly. My guess is they dump all incoming mail into a big hole in the ground.

It IS however one sure fire way for US residents to dispose of unwanted items, albeit expensively.

Sending back is risky, you expose your watch to customs seizure, theft or damage twice, outbound and then coming back. As automatico said it's a black hole and sometimes packages just disappear!

If you insist, I would opt for priority international, at least it's trackable to the final destination.

Were me, I would try to find another watch, m2m and make one keep the rest for spares or sell the unneeded parts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whichever way you ship, make sure you have your TD send you his address in both English and Chinese. Some parcels go missing because the Chinese postman cannot read English so they get 'lost'! Print, cut out and paste the Chinese address to the parcel and cross your fingers. 

good idea on the chinese address.  At this point I am still weighing my options, but it is looking like I will ship it.  I am already of the midset that this watch is dead to me if I cannot get it fixed, so no real loss if it dissapears other than the postage.

Must just be the luck of the draw.  I chose method that cost $10.90 using my own box.  There were very many choices - and I do not remember if it was just airmail or something special, but I was expecting to pay about twice that amount.  I had tracking all of the way to the TD.  It took 14 days.