When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

3rd October wristies

Legend

Drove over to the city to service my Audi. Had appointment at the AD. I have not spent much time looking at the modern offerings so spent some time checking out the all the new models.

In the end the GMT with smaller case back fit me the best. The BLNR is more like a dress watch than I expected with the PCL's and glossy bezel. Beautiful watch.

I also really liked the Pelagos. It is very light and the matte finish of the bracelet, dial and bezel make for a great casual daily wearer.

The 216750 also wears nice and has strong wrist presence with the big white dial.

Almost bought the BLNR but decided to wait knowing I can save some money and buy online from a trusted dealer. Or.....maybe I am just a four and five digit guy

Certainly be easier to just buy a new one considering I have been looking for another vintage piece for a long time now.

One thing that surprised me, the AD did not know Rolex very well...they do have a great selection though, he even had 3 SS Daytonas.

Couple pics

8BA053F6-45BB-4246-842C-4876027DF12A_zpsthpuuqua.jpg

8D5FAF79-31D6-4189-9ABC-E3ACA402CB08_zpsxfc015mq.jpg

Just finished modding this baby with a GEN dial, bezel, and insert. Added a double AR crystal. Detailed post pending on the mod coming soon to the Rolex section.

b4634572535e57c27691e810453cbc60.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2