When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Decals print dials

Bart Cordell

However you might sell your creations? And offer luming them according to wishes (from a color chart) or something with the possibility of either selling hands with the same lume. (And you can make it easy for yourself and purchase hand sets from e.g. HR + Tiger Concept // TC // etc etc.)

Easy to purchase, choose dial, size, hands, lume-or-not, age-or-not

In the beginning, I don't know 150 USD-200 USD?

That's just an idea, not eactly offered in a small-scale-for-vintage-rep-enthusiast. 

Custom dials + hands. Not the "crispest" quality, but exactly as you want 'em.

---

Modding other peoples watches however... That is dangerous territory. 

Bart u should be a trusted modder here!

However you might sell your creations? And offer luming them according to wishes (from a color chart) or something with the possibility of either selling hands with the same lume. (And you can make it easy for yourself and purchase hand sets from e.g. HR + Tiger Concept // TC // etc etc.)

Easy to purchase, choose dial, size, hands, lume-or-not, age-or-not

In the beginning, I don't know 150 USD-200 USD?

That's just an idea, not eactly offered in a small-scale-for-vintage-rep-enthusiast. 

Custom dials + hands. Not the "crispest" quality, but exactly as you want 'em.

---

Modding other peoples watches however... That is dangerous territory. 

Yes modding members watch can be tricky. Especially for a beginner like me. No place to error.

Just finished a 6538 for a friend. Lug chamfers, drill and tap for Athaya crown, and this nice 6538 dial.

I was afraid to make a big mistake I could not repair.

For all the members asking for dials, I will do some sooner or later. Don't pm me for the moment. The community will know when I'm ready.

I want to complete my projects first. 6610, 1675 And this last 6538 make me want to make a better one for me. My first 6538 made in February is poor compared to this one. I can't bear this friend to have a nicer dial than me ;)

Also I have to experiment a little more. And last, I need to achieve good lume mix. Didn't have problems for my first 6538 and 5513 dials. But now I not satisfied with the result. I don't know why because my recipe is the same. My lume is very thick and very hard to apply. It's a nightmare on Explorers numbers...

@hologramet and I have to make your 5513 dial as promised ;)

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Bart Cordell said:

Yes PCG. But I don't know how to. Feared to ruin my case.

emoji632.png

So seems like we are pretty much the same. I have a Cartel 5513. I want PCG, but need to overcome my fear. I even bought a Soki sub for ten Dollars to practice on. I used t build industrial robots, done lots and lots of shaping stainless steel, just never a watch case.

So seems like we are pretty much the same. I have a Cartel 5513. I want PCG, but need to overcome my fear. I even bought a Soki sub for ten Dollars to practice on. I used t build industrial robots, done lots and lots of shaping stainless steel, just never a watch case.

I searched pics of PCG 5513 and read many pages. But it's not enough for me to start to shave.

I think I shaved a little too much the inner guards, and I don't know if PCG could be well done.

The 5513 meter first dial placed in this watch :

6f47bb43deb221899da964eb05539e9f.jpg18b98105e91a1796a7b702424557509a.jpgab13c5d938d356099e892a7ab0956021.jpg0f3688fd87e8c3d96ae94e9497595663.jpg

I think PGC could be done well on the Cartel case, just not by me.

I can weld stainless, so I can stick big lumps on for someone with talent to carve off. I think the crown is a little low on the Cartel case, so perhaps when I am not so busy with work I will put lots of metal on the case and pay someone to take the right bits off again. In the mean time I wish you would stop teasing with your dials and agree to make me one. Right now I'm raising a glass of Saint Emilion to your health. Á la votre mon ami!

I can weld stainless, so I can stick big lumps on for someone with talent to carve off. I think the crown is a little low on the Cartel case, so perhaps when I am not so busy with work I will put lots of metal on the case and pay someone to take the right bits off again. In the mean time I wish you would stop teasing with your dials and agree to make me one. Right now I'm raising a glass of Saint Emilion to your health. Á la votre mon ami!

Haha !

• 1 month later...

I finally took the plunge ;)

e0699abb8da7d3389850e0a51f4be5df.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...