When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Joshua

bertieng

I also had a big problem with Josh and I found out that he is not one to take "The customer is always right" approach...

Also if you added up all the money and you get a negative balance why don tyou show this to josh along with his prices... Doesnt he see the discrepency in fees??

I have had numerous experiences with Joshua and he is one of the finest merchants I have dealt with. The problem 'maxse' has with Joshua is detailed in a 10 page thread at RWI. The reason Joshua no longer accepts paypal is because maxse filed a claim with paypal saying his purchase went to his disliking due to a replica watch dealer during the purchase of a replica watch. Maxse broke the cardinal rule of never filing a claim with paypal so now all of you and I can no longer use paypal to purchase watches from our longtime friend and dealer, Joshua. How very selfish and irresponsile is that?

@ND.....I'm not doubting what you are saying......it's just that in the world of accounting.....mistakes rarely remain.....and a $4700 sum divided by the number of items ordered should balance out when each item is individually priced.....!

I run a spreadsheet for all my items.....it shows date of order.....customer name.....item number.....supplier.....cost......postage.....currency conversions......postal date and receipt date.....it can't be that difficult to resolve a $4700 transaction.....!

Sounds to me like somebody is getting their ass reamed.......and I think we all know who it isn't.....!

Please ...if you feel that youu want to...send me the spreadsheet.....I'd love to see how difficult it is....!

I agree.. there must be a nice logical mathematical solution to this and not counting on someone's 'word'...

You paid that money for those watches multiplied by the amount for each watch and that's it...

Now the only thing i can imagine is if you have arranged some kind of discount... In that case there might be a problem ;)

Incidentally....I wasn't going to post this before now....but I'm absolutely gobsmacked at the lack of a response to this....so I feel free to comment.

I won't say how I came into posession of the information.......but some time ago I was reliably informed that the two dealers concerned made an approach to Admin at RWI about being granted exclusivity in terms of supply at the board......they wanted other Chinese dealers shut out of the board...leaving them as the sole Chinese suppliers to the forum......I don't think that was likely to be accomplished......but I do think it's why they were pumped up on the forum front page banner....!

Now I understand that they made the same approach to RWG ......what happened I'm not sure.......but I think it speaks volumes for the intention of these dealers to ensure that they maximise their profit via the members of these boards.....!

I'm not posting this in any kind of malicious way...I don't think they were including me in the shut-out equation......I wouldn't tolerate that for a second......plus.....I don't really compete with these guys........they are on a different level from me.....and I wouldn't consider in any way trying to offer what they do......but I do find it interesting that behind the scenes play was and may be taking place to put pressure on Admins at different boards to place them in a favourable position to expedite increased sales.....probably at the expense of the truth.

Edited by TTK

but some time ago I was reliably informed that the two dealers concerned made an approach to Admin at RWI about being granted exclusivity in terms of supply at the board......they wanted other Chinese dealers shut out of the board...leaving them as the sole Chinese suppliers to the forum.

Wow, how dumb is that. They don't know of Klink's ties to Ruby? He'd sooner drop Josh/Andrew than drop her. Still, it may explain Sash's kicking.

Well, things seem to be turning ugly. Vote with your wallets, folks. :D

I think you will find that there is a Josh / Ruby connection....apparently Klink and Josh helped Ruby to set up.....that's what I'm told......no reflection on Ruby....I don't know the lady.....but I think the question of Admin / Mod impartiality is in question...!

Incidentally....I wasn't going to post this before now....but I'm absolutely gobsmacked at the lack of a response to this....so I feel free to comment.

I won't say how I came into posession of the information.......but some time ago I was reliably informed that the two dealers concerned made an approach to Admin at RWI about being granted exclusivity in terms of supply at the board......they wanted other Chinese dealers shut out of the board...leaving them as the sole Chinese suppliers to the forum......I don't think that was likely to be accomplished......but I do think it's why they were pumped up on the forum front page banner....!

Now I understand that they made the same approach to RWG ......what happened I'm not sure.......but I think it speaks volumes for the intention of these dealers to ensure that they maximise their profit via the members of these boards.....!

I'm not posting this in any kind of malicious way...I don't think they were including me in the shut-out equation......I wouldn't tolerate that for a second......plus.....I don't really compete with these guys........they are on a different level from me.....and I wouldn't consider in any way trying to offer what they do......but I do find it interesting that behind the scenes play was and may be taking place to put pressure on Admins at different boards to place them in a favourable position to expedite increased sales.....probably at the expense of the truth.

That is certainly a very disturbing bit of information TTK and if it is true you should state what your source is otherwise, I'm sorry but I do not believe it.You have gone public with this information and the members of this board deserve to know if it is the truth or not. Regarding your non malicious intent,you say "these guys" are not your competition? Are you not in the business of selling replica watches? Come on, do you think we are that stupid?

I really don't care if you believe it or not......it makes not a jot of difference to me......and I would certainly never divulge my source.....what you gonna do....subpoena me......:lol:

I have no hidden agenda here.....these guys don't affect me in any way....I was on the forums when they were shitting yellow pancakes.....and I'll be here when they're gone........I'm not after their market.....I'm simply doing what I always do....telling it like it is....!

And surely you don't want me to answer the 'stupid' question.......do ya.....!

Regarding your non malicious intent,you say "these guys" are not your competition? Are you not in the business of selling replica watches? Come on, do you think we are that stupid?

TTK could not handle the volume Andrew/Josh do. He doesn't want all their customers.

You've got to see the market like the same sort of market that can have both Mercedes and Skoda. They go after different customers and sell essentially the same product (four wheels and an engine) on different criteria.

You've got to see the market like the same sort of market that can have both Mercedes and Skoda. They go after different customers and sell essentially the same product (four wheels and an engine) on different criteria.

Difference being they state what the engine is in the specification and low and behold when you lift the bonnet........that's what you get. ;)

Now the only thing i can imagine is if you have arranged some kind of discount... In that case there might be a problem ;)

Actually, we had the opposite situation. The watch, for instance, was actually priced at $950 because Joshua said there were special delivery fees to where I was. I believe him. Also, there was the actual price to the carrier we used.

The sub-total came out to $4,458.00 USD. Then, with the shipping, it came to nearly $4,700 USD. Again, this is a case of my word against his and he holds the proverbial bag on the goods, so I understand the situation. Do I feel "cheated" in a way, certainly. But, it would have taken a high amount of trust for Joshua to send me the watch I thought we bought and I get it.

I have other, more negative theories, but without real proof, it would not be fair for Joshua if I aired them here. Certainly, I'll more careful with him in the future. In the end, I accept what happened as the cost of doing business. There are times when Joshua himself has absorbed lost items (through no fault of his own). In fact, I have an e-mail where I thank him for doing this very thing for us, which he did on a few occassions.

[Edited to add the following]

That being said, I don't know that I will purchase from Joshua again. Before, it was a no-brainer. If I, or any of my friends, were getting a rep, Joshua would be the one to reach out to. But, now, there is a pause in my decision. There are a lot of people here who are realistic and they come off that way. There are others whom believe that they actually "know" a dealer as a person. The fact is that we don't. In the end, good customer relations - in this particular case - result in better "press" on the message board which results in more customers. In the case of Joshua, there was an interesting phenomena at work. When a negative review of him surfaced - especially by a "newbie" - it was either shot down outright, or negated with positive annecdotes on the same. So, Joshua may have felt "untouchable" regarding negative criticism. Sometimes, when you are on top, you stop being "hungry" and slowly slip up on doing all of the things you did to get there. Sooner, or later, someone like Pug comes up with an honest issue (and he did it in a general way - he did not specify any dealer that I can recall) and others surely surface. At that point, if customers see a pattern, they will "vote" with their wallets. Already, six of my friends have purchased reps from other dealers other than Joshua because I won't wholeheartedly endorse him. Before, there was no competition in my mind. This does not make him a bad dealer. It just makes him one among others. In some cases, and with some specific reps, I would recommend Joshua. Difference is that now I would check if someone else has the item as well.

In the future, my opinion might change. Maybe, Joshua would respond positively to this and do something that might change my tune. When a dealer sold me a $600 rep that I never received, I made it known on this board. But, when it came in - nearly six months later - I publicly stated so on one of the threads right here on this board. That dealer will get business from me again. That's how it works for all of us customers.

Edited by Nouns Defions

but I think the question of Admin / Mod impartiality is in question...!

I beleive... and hope... you are speaking of other fora here Neil.

Because I KNOW, that the RWGroup admin team go to extraordinary lengths to remain impartial, and be seen to do same.

What happens in admin, stays in admin.

You see we have a mixed group of dealers, including Chinese.

You see that we don't have front page, or 5 star rated dealers.

Our policy (for now) is to have 12 (watch) dealers. This alters if one elects to not continue with us. ( We have a substantial number in the wings, on a "waiting list") Then , and only then, the next applicant is discussed in the admin group, and if found to be acceptable, is offered a position, with a probationary period.

A dealer may be suspended from trading, if enough problems surface, until those problems are corrected, or could be banned for more serious breach/es. Only if a dealer was banned would they be replaced.

Thankfully, up to this time, we have not had to use either the suspension , or banning options.

We do have regular, and lengthy discussions, about all manner of subjects. I will tell you that the number of posts in admin is many thousands.

In closing... I'm sure your barb was aimed elsewhere, however I felt I must clarify the thoughts and actions of the admin team here.

Offshore

Difference being they state what the engine is in the specification and low and behold when you lift the bonnet........that's what you get. ;)

Boy, talk about the bloom coming off the rose...

The reason Joshua no longer accepts paypal is because maxse filed a claim with paypal saying his purchase went to his disliking due to a replica watch dealer during the purchase of a replica watch. Maxse broke the cardinal rule of never filing a claim with paypal so now all of you and I can no longer use paypal to purchase watches from our longtime friend and dealer, Joshua. How very selfish and irresponsile is that?

ummm....this is news to me -- i hadn't heard that joshua wasn't accepting paypal anymore -- is this really true? :o

Yeah...I would like an explanation/clarification on that, are you saying these are the only two honest ones? From the reviews I have read it seems that even the ones that do not post details on their sites, still hold up their promised/spec or whatever. Only curious.

Yeah...I would like an explanation/clarification on that, are you saying these are the only two honest ones? From the reviews I have read it seems that even the ones that do not post details on their sites, still hold up their promised/spec or whatever. Only curious.

I was referring to the car manufacturers.

@daytona4me.......exactly who is spilling the puke........and if there is any being spilled...it's by those members who feel sick at being ripped off for an ETA 2892 movement provided by certain 5 star dealers promoted at your home site.......there are no PROMOTED 5 star dealers here......this is by far the fairest site for all dealers and members.

@daytona4me.......exactly who is spilling the puke........and if there is any being spilled...it's by those members who feel sick at being ripped off for an ETA 2892 movement provided by certain 5 star dealers promoted at your home site.......there are no PROMOTED 5 star dealers here......this is by far the fairest site for all dealers and members.

Wouldn't waste the finger energy Neil. He's just over here to cause trouble - nothing else.

J

ummm....this is news to me -- i hadn't heard that joshua wasn't accepting paypal anymore -- is this really true? :o

I am in regular contact with josh since spending $253 for a bell/ross 2 months ago using Paypal.Incidently it has not turned up.Chinese customs i think.

I have asked him to please send another immediately,he said he needs more time.mmm :(