When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Oris Divers Sixty Five 42mm

cc33

Really handsome! I've been intrigued with the line after seeing the smaller 40mm version at a local dealer. Only problem for me after seeing it in person was the black bezel, it looks bad from the side imo.. The new 42mm one has a steel bezel and I can't wait to see it in person, the case on the 40mm was so so sexy and I just hope the 42mm version retains that amazing shape. I think it does from what I can see in pics and that video. 

Heres the 40mm

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Definitely the faux rivet bracelet is the highlight for me.

Despite the fact that the domed xtal harkens back to the golden age of divers, it's distortion on the edges are too distracting. The old acrylic plexis only distorted the dial when viewed at an angle. But straight on, the dial should be completely undistorted.

Not sure I'm a fan of the gradient dial, but could be a winner in the metal.

But compared to say the Black Bay, this wins hands down.

I'm loving it. I also want the smaller 40mm Oris diver too. They seem to be doing something right at the moment when some other makers can't seem to find the right neish. I guess Tudor are another who are doing good things - which is why I have a Pelagos and a BB!

Definitely prefer the dial with simple plots. Dig the case, it has a nice thin vintage look and curve. With the rivet it really has a nice vintage vibe.

Might need to try one on.

Pretty happy with my blue Pelagos for this "segment" with bevels, pcgs and some modern mix, but this Oris has some features I really like.

I was going through the Oris diver section on Joma and was surprised to see a ladies version  (hmm maybe one for the wife) but even more surprised that they built it to rating of 30 meters and call it a diver!

What do they think women do not get wet................    http://www.jomashop.com/oris-watch-733-7652-4191rs.html

21131_733-7652-41-91-8-18-01p_4.jpg

7 hours ago, dbane883 said:

Definitely the faux rivet bracelet is the highlight for me.

Despite the fact that the domed xtal harkens back to the golden age of divers, it's distortion on the edges are too distracting. The old acrylic plexis only distorted the dial when viewed at an angle. But straight on, the dial should be completely undistorted.

Not sure I'm a fan of the gradient dial, but could be a winner in the metal.

But compared to say the Black Bay, this wins hands down.

"But compared to say the Black Bay, this wins hands down. " considering the price different you have to go with the Oris, now style against the BB is a matter of taste but considering our vintage bias here yes Oris is choice checks more boxes.

Those look great, I tend to only like metal bands on my sport watches and that's what made me lust over the new 42mm Oris diver with its cool rivet band. There are lots of really great options for those who enjoy leather and rubber but I've rarely come across a metal banded sports watch that can compete with my fetish for vintage Rolex until now. It reminds me of the sexy old blancpain cases, same curves but now with a matching rivet band. If the older blancpain divers had oyster like bands they would have been a much bigger hit for me personally. 

I always liked retro styles over modern styles and this Oris scores a hit imho...not enough that I would buy one but maybe enough to encourage me to dig out an old dive watch of a similar style and wear it a day or two.  Maybe a 1960\1970 Wittnauer like this:  

https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/watches/wrist-watches/wittnauer-stainless-steel-geneva-divers-model-wristwatch/id-j_1578563/  

I have a pair just alike, one slow set and one quick set.  (The Wittnauer in the link is $1850...I paid $1USD or the slow set and $30USD for the quick set in the early 1990s)

"...I've rarely come across a metal banded sports watch that can compete with my fetish for vintage Rolex until now."

I like rolex 5512/13 and 1680 styles along with Zodiac Sea Wolf, vintage Bulova, Aquadive etc but the Sea Wolf has a snap back and I never liked that.  Have an old Hamilton two crown 'compressor' but the trit hands and markers are getting fuzzy so I do not wear it.  Bought a semi-retro Bulova Accutron II 'Snorkle' 96B210 a few weeks ago and really like it.  It's a hair over 43mm across the middle, 47mm lug tip to tip, 13.5mm thick, and 22mm between the lugs.