When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Forum Psychology...

palhaco02

Hi!!

I just got a rep of Patek Philippe Sky Moon Turbillion.

PP Sky Moon

My reasons were:

1) I love the watch. The details are fantastic even though not "perfect" replication.

2) I acknowledge the art in PP's masterpieces

3) I could never afford an original

4) Even a gen holder would wear a replica on the street (many holders of grand jewels have perfect replicas for display)

If I'm asked by someone , I will chat about it and show these reasons.

Wouldn't it be even worse if you presented yourself as a real rolley owner only to find out that the other person was staring at the replica's faults? (they all have them, you know?)

If I see a rep on someone I will ask about the watch saying something like: "Nice watch...". I would be very disapointed at someone who would try to trick me into thinking that a rep was really a gen.

But as some comments made me to believe that some people in the forum were/are (I think) trying to create a lowcost personna, I would like to question the other members: Why do you have reps and why do you wear them? Are you in fear of being pointed out in a serious situation? Do you trick yourself into thinking that no one will see the diference? (being just 99.99% right)

Comments are welcome fellow watch lovers!

Hi!!

I just got a rep of Patek Philippe Sky Moon Turbillion.

PP Sky Moon

My reasons were:

1) I love the watch. The details are fantastic even though not "perfect" replication.

2) I acknowledge the art in PP's masterpieces

3) I could never afford an original

4) Even a gen holder would wear a replica on the street (many holders of grand jewels have perfect replicas for display)

If I'm asked by someone , I will chat about it and show these reasons.

Wouldn't it be even worse if you presented yourself as a real rolley owner only to find out that the other person was staring at the replica's faults? (they all have them, you know?)

If I see a rep on someone I will ask about the watch saying something like: "Nice watch...". I would be very disapointed at someone who would try to trick me into thinking that a rep was really a gen.

But as some comments made me to believe that some people in the forum were/are (I think) trying to create a lowcost personna, I would like to question the other members: Why do you have reps and why do you wear them? Are you in fear of being pointed out in a serious situation? Do you trick yourself into thinking that no one will see the diference? (being just 99.99% right)

Comments are welcome fellow watch lovers!

I have a respective amount of gen watches and im only 28 years old!!!!!And i would like to say that i love my reps more and more and more!!!!!!!Congratulations to all member of this respective forum for loving and honoring the rep watches!!!We have a healthy way on valuating a rep watch and you nooby give us a break!!And im sure that all of us have gen watches...but we all love a watch rep or no rep!!! So noob go and learn learn learn and maybe you will start to love the beautyfull world of watchmaking(rep and gen)

179695-7617.jpg

179695-7618.jpg

179695-7619.jpg

I buy reps to fool myself into believing I own the real thing, and it makes me smile. I'm a very simple man, really.

Well besides that, it also helps get hot women :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Mostly at the tittie bar. Women there have a magnet installed that atracts them to Rolexes. Especially with lots of bling.

At the "tittie bar"? I thought that wasn't a magnet but the sucking sound of golddiggers. Oh, well, what's a rep. millionaire to do wearing his rep. rollie, do unto others as they do unto you, fake it.

...and if anyone ever gets lucky enough to go home with the girl from the "tittie bar", what do you think she does? FAKES IT!

Not that I would know, of course...

Esmarc :pimp:

Funny thing - I never ever relied on a watch to get laid. ;)

JTB

Two things women look at are a man's shoes and watch. Neither will get you laid but they do change how you are perceived.

Panny = non-conformist

Omega = practical

Breitling = playa

Tag = golfer

Rolex = poser

ok.. i made that up.

Guest RiverwindMDS
I buy reps to fool myself into believing I own the real thing, and it makes me smile. I'm a very simple man, really.

Man that's the perfect reply...

I buy reps because I love searching for them, make them better, doing frankens, everything. Buying a gen is too simple

Man that's the perfect reply...

I buy reps because I love searching for them, make them better, doing frankens, everything. Buying a gen is too simple

...too simply, and too costly!

I think the reasons for owning reps vary per individual. A lot of it for me is the fun of the hunt, and owning something very close to the gen in design. I am not into fooling anyone, or having the 'perfect' rep, but that's just me.