When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sub 5513 build

Tribal

Hello Gang,
I want to show my new build.
This is a 5513 Sub build for a colleague.
First I want to take a 5513 Milk Case, but after inspection I noticed that the gen Tropic 19 is too loose and don't fit properly.
I also noticed that the gen Inlay don't snap in.
So I decided to take an old Case with
gen specification that I found in my drawer.
I reshaped the Case, drilled the Lugholes and opened the CG's.
Installed a gen Tube and a old Vintage Crown.
Dial is a Viet 5513
Gen Inlay
I colored the Hands to match the Dial.
Oldstyle Springbars where fitted also
Movement is slow Beat.
Bracelet is not the best but it's marked 93150

Cheers Tribalbb5d6ff8b0744874958620f75159dce1.jpga4c7f58fca9c2a98692fdb66335bcffe.jpg9386f3e4ed9663f098aaf10dd1c3bfc7.jpg021f2cdba191543172b0e059a12308d3.jpg86cc8990506ad887252fe0d24aade0f1.jpg3b29de0b92937fe5f28b6ee96f598c32.jpg

Gesendet von meinem 2107113SG mit Tapatalk

• Like 2

It looks very good!  Also saved some $$.

"So I decided to take an old Case with gen specification that I found in my drawer."

I kept a few 'Abay' cases from 15 or 18 years ago and the main cases and case backs are very good. 

Bezels/crystals/crowns/tubes are not good but genspec crystals/bezels/tubes etc. will fit.

I did not appreciate them back then but now with $800+ 'hit or miss' cases, they are pretty darn good.

"Damm the 5513 is stolen in transit to his owner!"

I know how you feel. 

A few years ago, I lost three brand new watches in one whack to the USPS.  I ran the culprit down (it was the mailman), but the USPS would not do anything about it.  They stick together.

Lost two new steel quartz chronographs August 2022 thanks to UPS.  I was notified the package was delivered 'to front porch 3:53pm'.  The delivery guy must have been a ghost because he did not show up on our cameras.  The delivery notice also claimed the package weighed 14.9 pounds.  One point nine pounds maybe, including B/P.  Filed reports to UPS.  No response at all.  Went to UPS depot.  Not allowed to enter.

UPS = Usually the Package is Stolen.

On 3/4/2023 at 1:28 PM, Tribal said:

Damm the 5513 is stolen in transit to his owner!,emoji2959.png
I'm really [censored] off.
Al lot of work for nothing.emoji22.png

Sorry to hear the sad news. Unfortunately, crime has become the new normal & the system has become an accessory to those crimes.

I know it does not help in this case, but I ship anything of value via registered mail & give the tracking number to the receiver so both of us can track it all the way. Yes, registered mail is very slow because every single person who takes possession of the package must sign for it & note the time/date the package was in their possession & the package is kept in locked containers when not in a mail employee's possession, but I have never lost a package using this shipping method.

"I know it does not help in this case, but I ship anything of value via registered mail & give the tracking number to the receiver so both of us can track it all the way. Yes, registered mail is very slow because every single person who takes possession of the package must sign for it & note the time/date the package was in their possession & the package is kept in locked containers when not in a mail employee's possession, but I have never lost a package using this shipping method."

That is how RWC used to send watches to USA ADs up into the late 1990s. 

All my AD friends have moved on, retired etc. so I do not know how it is done today.

Trebuchet maybe?

All images

Yes, I do always shipping with DHL tracking and insured here in Germany.
The owner of this build was not aware there is no watch in the package as he get it and signed for it.
There was only the empty black plastic box inside.

Gesendet von meinem 2107113SG mit Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...