When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Deployment or Buckle

Hey folks,

Following advice on helping quality material, non-metal bands to last longer..

I have recently started placing deployment releases on my watches,..

however find that for Pams in particular the comfort level is less, than with regular buckles.

Has anyone else experienced this ? :mellow:

depends on the kind of buckle you use... the one on my 111 bugs me a lot whereas a deployment is just fine... but the fiddy buckle is a lot more comfortable i would say!

BUT deployment buckles are more gentle to the strap! they wont look torn apart or used after everyday wear! the will look almost new even on your daily beater

Tang buckle is the most comfortable, but I don't like them. The deployants on my JLC's, and AP's were a bit uncomfortable and unforigivng. Same with my Breguet Marine Big Date, which has a deployant that can have the folding bit removed, and used as a tang. It was much more comfortable.

But I don't like tang buckles because they damage the strap a lot quicker, and they cause the watch to slip off your wrist easier when you take it off. So, in the end, I do prefer to wear tang buckles, but my ultimate choice is to always get a deployant, since the comfort thing isn't that big of an issue to me, to be honest, I know it sounds weird, but everyone has their personal choice.

Mostly is depends on strap length for the deployment for me. If the strap is too long the deployment sits funny and digs into my wrist. If it's too short I can only use 1 keeper and that bugs the crap out of me. If it's the right length it sits perfectly and as mentioned the deployment looks great IMHO. ;)

For the buckle it depends on buckle thickness and shape. I've noticed that when I wear some Pre-V style ones that are really thick it makes the strap "buldge" too much and it's uncomfortable, this is especially true if I have a thick strap on too. I've also encountered where a few thumbnail buckles were made from really thin metal and they dug into my wrist.

So, I guess it depends on the situation. ;)

I have a deployant on most of my straps, but it is less comfortable than a tang buckle. It leaves a depression on the underside of my wrist that some are in awe of lol.

That being said, I am used to it now so it doesn't bother me. Tangs bother me because they ruin my straps...

Now, if I could find a deployant for a 24/24 strap, I'd be all set.