When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Steelfish Superocean Released

PureTime

Finally the Steelfish surfaces! And it looks good. ( Cool with the depth rating..) :)

I suppose the Asian version has the same, ETA-type, datefont?

I just noticed that my new ultimate PO has almost identical font for the 6-9-12 on the dial... That number style must be in fashion at the moment!

A quick reply:

Pressure tested for 10ATM but the watch maker claimed 1000M+ resistance.

AR sapphire crystal is installed on the watch in a 99.99% dust free environment which a brain surgery can be taken place.

No lume shot at this moment but the lume is very good.

Finally the Steelfish surfaces! And it looks good. ( Cool with the depth rating..) :)

I suppose the Asian version has the same, ETA-type, datefont?

I just noticed that my new ultimate PO has almost identical font for the 6-9-12 on the dial... That number style must be in fashion at the moment!

As I don't have the Asian one on hand so I cannot check it now, they should not differ too much.

I'm getting this bug bad, another watch I must have :whistling:

Is it better to buy now and tell the missus later????

As that old "Scottish" proverb says...

"It's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission"

well hell yes, lmao :whistling:

joe

Guest paneraifreak
well hell yes, lmao :whistling:

joe

This happens every time a new rep comes out: in all the excitement, nobody seems to be examining the soecs or the accuracy very closely until many of us bought the watch then OOOPS a review or a post comes out pointing out the flaws then, a bit later, some of the watches appear in the For Sale section, from people disillusioned or disappointed with the watch.

So I will ask some questions:

Is the bezel nice and tight?

Is the AR strong enough to withstand some splashing or washing of the watch?

Is the bracelet of great high quality? Will some screws be ceased and unscrewable?

Is the date wheel well aligned?

How is the crown? Nice, thick and smooth? Will winding manually be smooth and problem free?

Just asking before dropping $395 Canadian.

I gotta a decision to make here you see: spend $400 CND on a new rep or take up the offer from a Canadian fellow to buy a gen Tag Heuer Link for $600 CND???

I mean the Superocean is for sure looking good in the photos///

Luke

This happens every time a new rep comes out: in all the excitement, nobody seems to be examining the soecs or the accuracy very closely until many of us bought the watch then OOOPS a review or a post comes out pointing out the flaws then, a bit later, some of the watches appear in the For Sale section, from people disillusioned or disappointed with the watch.

Is the bracelet of great high quality? Will some screws be ceased and unscrewable?

How is the crown? Nice, thick and smooth? Will winding manually be smooth and problem free?

I gotta a decision to make here you see: spend $400 CND on a new rep or take up the offer from a Canadian fellow to buy a gen Tag Heuer Link for $600 CND???

Luke

As Angus says in his ad, this watch does not have AR.

Date alignment is usually not an issue with unmodified ETA or Asian movements.

I think this watch will follow up the recent trend with high quality bracelets and parts. :winkiss:

Of course there will be minor differences from the original, that you discover when you have the watch in your hand. Like the bezel and crown feel... A genuine TAG Link or a high quality rep Breitling ( for about 1/3rd of the price for a used gen..) Your call! :)

EDIT: The advertisment says that the ETA-version has AR, while the Asian version has no AR.

Luke

all i can add to this is that , i was told the same maker of the BCE made this one with a genuine to copy by (same as the BCE) and i have the BCE and it one of the nicest reps i own today , so i feel this one will be of same quality , expecially at this price it better be , lol

joe