When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Best Watch In Your Collection

ubiquitous

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorites change everyday:

Yin and Yang:

198119-2378.jpg

the Ubi Daytona (and it works properly)

198119-2379.jpg

Ziggified Vintage MBW's with proper datewheel:

White SD and Red Sub (no pics as they are with Ubi and Ziggy, respectively, awaiting their new datewheels)

And finally, franken ti Avenger (not my pic):

198119-2380.jpg

But that will change. :lol:

Are those loose subdial hands floating around under the crystal on Yang?????

Having gone through several rounds of acquisitions and paring down, here is the one watch that I cannot and will not do without.

My eta 2893 Explorer II. It has a bunch of flaws, but I love the watch and the movement.

198332-2293.jpg

198332-2294.jpg

The other one I won't give up was given to me by a member of this forum. The infamous Triple Red Sub. Not at all accurate, but I cherish the story around it and will use it as a prop to tell the story to my daughters about the first woman park ranger in the U.S. National Parks.

Thanks Nanuq!

198332-2295.jpg

After giving it a second thought... from all of my reps I would probably choose the Seamaster Chrono. I love the standard Bond too, but the chrono version is kinda "best of both worlds". Outstanding rep and I really, really like wearing this watch.

198432-2277.jpg

198432-2278.jpg

198432-2279.jpg

Of all the watches in your guys' (and gals') collections, which five could you simply not part with?

For me... The El Primero frankenstein twins

198535-2236.jpg

V23 franken-6265

198535-2237.jpg

Modded MBW 1665

198535-2238.jpg

And my genuine Omega SM300 (165.024)

198535-2239.jpg

But then again, I'm quite fond of all the pieces in my collection. To me, they are all keepers :)

randy, does that mean you may part with the omega 913 edition watch?? i miss it!

I agree with Nanuq. That changes every week. For me it is never gens. I don't own any priceless antiques just easily repaceable ones. This week's favorite:

199382-2050.jpg

In truth they never actually produced the gen beyond prototype and after many mods (recasing, finepics datewheel, dulling of dial and subdials) it is my favorite of any PAM Daylight - gens included. :) IMHO, they were idiots not to actually produce the Pandas. the next gen 250 and 251 are not any or particularly different from their predecssors. OOh, markers insteq(swoon). :lol:

My 196 with palp crown, superlumed dial and hands, professional AR (soon), and hopefully someday a Finepics datewheel (when he does another run for his 7753 187?) is my favorite. If I sold off all my reps and bought a gen, I would get a PAM 196.

My best rep is probably my franken 16610 submariner: TW Best Classic with centered drilled lug holes, deep cylindrical rehaut, Noobmariner dial with superlume, Noobmariner datewheel, Noobmariner bracelet, Noobmariner caseback, genuine bezel insert from proper time period, genuine crown and tube, reshaped CGs, superlumed Tudor hands (soon to be replaced), and serviced and regulated 2836. Yet, somehow, I could live without it. Go figure.