When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Eddielee

dadog13

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A victim of the walmartisation of replica cartels?

no.... rather:

just look at the membership tallies from 2yrs ago to 1 yr ago to Today on the boards! lots of newbies pollluting the transactions with little or no collectiong experience and no business savy.. why do i say this..

well this hobby started out with Experienced Players in the field.. jewelers, watchsmiths, and true hobbiests.. so we knew what we were dealing with and could fix minor problems ourselves or source a fix or source a part or source a part and mod a fix.. with all the new ones with no exp in the field just looking for a "GOOD FAK*" to fool their buddies it has muddied many of the transactions and the small dealers cannot and should not deal with that.. and these fakers should go back to the scammer sites. just my .02$

Wow, this is just stunning, first River, now Eddie. Two of the finest who would always give you honest opinions about what not to buy. I am truly sad.

I wonder what's going on in the big picture.

It had seemed for the last few months River was offering several popular watches at untouchable prices like the FA jones for $89.00. It appeared to me that he was working with his suppliers to get some good prices and reestablish himself among the top dealers. Eddie lee was also the first to introduce the Ingy chrono. I guess the suppliers are showing favoritism to the higher volume dealers making profits for the little guy slim.

It seems like the end of an era. The photo albums used to be all we had, now there are full fledged websites being updated daily, online shopping carts and checkouts, and now direct credit card processing with prices clearly displayed. I always enjoyed the emailing back and forth and bargaining for multiple watches, as well as the fact that I could email eddie or river and they would know my first name just by the email address. That is all part of the fun of collecting. The average newb doesn't get that and just sees a fancy website with 1000 choices, but can you really blame them?

You guys will be missed along with the others that "retired" over the years like Wade, Tommy, David, etc. I just hope that they will still be active in the community as members. Maybe we can all chip in for a couple VIP memberships.

No...

A victim of membership...

Seems to me that over the last months there is a mob mentality...

It's going to be interesting to see just how many Dealers get driven away over the course of 2007...

Who knows, maybe one day everyone will wake up and have no one to buy from [except the Scam Sites]...

There is a percentage of membership that have the ability to ruin it for all...

Reap what you sew gang...

TT

No...

It's going to be interesting to see just how many Dealers get driven away over the course of 2007...

Who knows, maybe one day everyone will wake up and have no one to buy from [except the Scam Sites]...

TT

yup - new people not appreciating how good they have it and demanding Neiman Marcus sales assistance and warrenty

For many of them, its jsut not worth it.

I like josh - i do, but what if he is in a car accident, - it will suck to have the dealers dwindle down to few.

No...

TT

yes. refer to FIVE posts above this. :-)

I too purchased my first 4 or 5 reps from Eddie. The first dealer to introduce Pams to the rep world.

Always a true gentleman with a great sense of humor, and a willingness to help his customers, and do the right thing. I can only imagine that dealing with people that were ripping him off and filing paypal complaints, etc., has made it no longer worth the effort.

He will be sorely missed.

yup - new people not appreciating how good they have it and demanding Neiman Marcus sales assistance and warrenty

For many of them, its jsut not worth it.

I like josh - i do, but what if he is in a car accident, - it will suck to have the dealers dwindle down to few.

@Pho

Unfortunately it's not just "new people"...

TT

gone from posting but not dissappeared.. if you r trsuted member here and have history of business transactions contact them. rep game is more difficult nowadays esp. if you are not china based. just look at the membership tallies from 2yrs ago to 1 yr ago to Today on the boards! lots of newbies pollluting the transactions with little or no collectiong experience and no business savy.. why do i say this..

well this hobby started out with Experienced Players in the field.. jewelers, watchsmiths, and true hobbiests.. so we knew what we were dealing with and could fix minor problems ourselves or source a fix or source a part or source a part and mod a fix.. with all the new ones with no exp in the field just looking for a "GOOD FAK*" to fool their buddies it has muddied many of the transactions and the small dealers cannot and should not deal with that.. and these fakers should go back to the scammer sites. just my .02$

I hate be an I told you so......but I told you so......I predicted 2 years ago that most of the good regular dealers would give up in the face of a tsunami of Chinese dealers who are prepared to undercut everyone for the sake of an extra bowl of rice........these dealers have little knowledge of the hobby....but they know how to make money from it........!

Believe me when I say it........THERE IS WAY MUCH MORE TO ALL OF THIS THAN MEETS THE EYE.......there's been a concerted effort to dismiss the smaller dealers and secure as many sales as possible to the pockets of these Chinese dealers....and there's more hiding in the woodwork.......!

Here's a little scenario for you....!

New U.S. based Chinese dealer comes to a forum......announces that he is going to break 'the monopoly" that exists...( ?).........worms his way in by making all sorts of special offers....shill members sing the praises........slashes other dealers profits.....natural attrition takes place........the rest can be disposed of by one means or another.........finally they 'buy' out the forum....and 'other' new dealers mysteriously appear.......similar websites.....similar offers.......but everything is heading one way.....so now we have a Replicacenter.com scenario...with a captive audience of 1,000's............dun think so......think again.....!

I agree that it is not just new versus old. Intelligent people get it. :whistling:

100.00 profit or less per watch aint worth the trouble...i hope you guys who demand excellence at a bottom dollar price are happy with ANOTHER veteran craftsman being gone. always critisizing arbitrarily the prices and demanding that the very hand that feeds you not get fed. the only power your tongues have is to drive The Godfather of watches away Who is next?

@TT......I understand and know why EL has left the building....I know that it's not as concrete result of increased competition.......I'm simply pointing out that there are things going on that the general membership are unaware of......:D

I hate be an I told you so......but I told you so......I predicted 2 years ago that most of the good regular dealers would give up in the face of a tsunami of Chinese dealers who are prepared to undercut everyone for the sake of an extra bowl of rice........these dealers have little knowledge of the hobby....but they know how to make money from it........!

Believe me when I say it........THERE IS WAY MUCH MORE TO ALL OF THIS THAN MEETS THE EYE.......there's been a concerted effort to dismiss the smaller dealers and secure as many sales as possible to the pockets of these Chinese dealers....and there's more hiding in the woodwork.......!

Here's a little scenario for you....!

New U.S. based Chinese dealer comes to a forum......announces that he is going to break 'the monopoly" that exists...( ?).........worms his way in by making all sorts of special offers....shill members sing the praises........slashes other dealers profits.....natural attrition takes place........the rest can be disposed of by one means or another.........finally they 'buy' out the forum....and 'other' new dealers mysteriously appear.......similar websites.....similar offers.......but everything is heading one way.....so now we have a Replicacenter.com scenario...with a captive audience of 1,000's............dun think so......think again.....!

Be honest and admit you love saying I told you so...... :whistling: If you are saying what I think you are saying, we know who started it all. But that ship has sailed a long time ago with losing lots of credibility, although many people still roll the dice. The few that remain seem to be following the business model of the infamous abay, etal; and who can blame them? It works and is successful. The one thing that rubs me the wrong way is the price fixing and collusion going on. Its like the four families having a sit down to run the Irish out of New York. If this keeps up, prices will continue to rise and quality will continue to fall.

Hey all you smarties, what about quitting encripted talking and letting dummies like me to know (even if not to understand) what's happening? Or at least what you are talking about?

About EL, I'll miss him even without having taken a single piece from him. I felt him and I'll remember him as a communicative, humorous and intelligent member even more than a dealer.

I agree that it is not just new versus old. Intelligent people get it. :whistling:

Thanks, I being relatively new, pride myself to be in the 'intelligent' pack. I definately think its more of idiotic versus intelligent - realising what our hobby entails. Its a selfish versus smart/understanding attitude.

quality will continue to fall? maybe i'm crazy but in my mind the quality of our reps have only gotten better over the past year(s)... :g:

Would be inclined to agree about quality. And I also seem to remember paying around $400 USD for my early PAM reps, so I don't think prices have risen than far either.

Damn, Eddie's special brand of humour will be missed. :(

There is some truth to this. We hae PP squeezing out some of the smaller dealers... 3 are under some type of PP investigation, 2 others have left, and our two largest dealers seem to be moving toward some kind of partnership or at leas loose affiliation. Fewer suppliers leads to less consumer leverage... not a good trend.

100.00 profit or less per watch aint worth the trouble...i hope you guys who demand excellence at a bottom dollar price are happy with ANOTHER veteran craftsman being gone. always critisizing arbitrarily the prices and demanding that the very hand that feeds you not get fed. the only power your tongues have is to drive The Godfather of watches away Who is next?

I seriously doubt that this is the main issue, although I am sure it is at the very least a minor annoyance. It looks to me like theeris a lot of 'squeeze' going on right now and it is principally effecting the smaller non asian based dealers. Look at some of the other threads. Clearly events have changed the risk equation for these guys... :g:

Be honest and admit you love saying I told you so...... :whistling:

I have to agree there - :) you know you love it neil :):p :p

well, who knows what the future holds. - I will say this - back in teh day you had paul mart - good site bad service king, ok site, - crazy english - and a few photobucket folks

pricing was arbitrary - we like you low, we don't like you high. - there was a unwritten rule on the forum that you didn't reveal the deal you got from your dealer. -

the only thing you had to compare was paulmart - AND if you wrote too many emails asking about pricing and what type of crystal it had, they some stopped answering you.

Josh blew all that out of the water. Somehow he has been able to maintain general customer service through his new Conglomerate.

The more we have gotten, the more we have to lose. Who knows whats coming-

i know this, teh quality of these replicas are starting to scare even me- this can't go on for to long - these are too good. could easily be sold for gen

I hope i'm wrong, but, when they get this good - someone is going to wake up. B)

i'm not saying anything useful now so i will stop

Would be inclined to agree about quality. And I also seem to remember paying around $400 USD for my early PAM reps, so I don't think prices have risen than far either.

... yet.