When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bangkok

butterfly777

Hi Guys,

I just came back from Bangkok and did get some goddies on my last day there. I would like to share some pics with you.

I went to the location which I got from Leo. The shop is less then 20 steps away from Starbucks on the ground floor of MBK center in Bangkok. You will need to get off at National Stadium station of the BTS SkyTrain.

When I went to the shop on the first day I was very excited. The shop is run by a lady who is a bit fat . I asked her for 1680 and then mentioned 1665 then Rolex Submariner and Sea Dewller she gave me a magazine which had pics of all modren subs etc. So I went away, very disapointed. Although I did see some Modren Subs like LV , Normal Sub, Pat*k Phill*pe Nau*tilus Jumbo with Power Reserve and AP Jumbo etc. But I wanted to get a vintage.

Anyways

On my last day in Bangkok I decided to go again.

As soon as I was there I told the Fat lady I wanted get the AP Royal Oak Offshore Chrono in Black She gave me price of 14000 THB which comes to around to 400 $ US

I decided to purchase the white one as well at that price.

I kept asking the woman for the 1680 and 1665 this time she took more intrest and tried to understand what I was asking for.

Then she I explain PLastic by pointing at the crystal and she goes on oh Antique Rol* la

She explained to me I would need to wait at least 3 days. But since this was my last day there I could not have. I still kept nagging her. And then she sent one of the guys awya and he came back with the 1665

Sea Dewller but Marked COMEX. Guys its exactly the same and cost me 7000 THB which is around 210$ USD.

This was the only vintage I could get at that point , Although she had the Miliguas and a old Daytona but I didnt want them.

The old daytona was bieng sold for 12000 THB like 350 USD$. from loooks of it it looked exactly like DW vintage Daytona.

I also decided to buy the Royal Oak Jumbo. for 10000 THB 300 USD. The quality is outstanding.

Last but not least I should have bought he Pate* Phill* Nautil* jumbo as this was also outstanding but I opted out. but now I regret it very much.

I got 4 watches.

2 x AP Royal Oak Offshore Cronos with Asian Movement for 28000 THB. These are bieng sold for quite a lot price from MBW etc

1 X Royal Oak Swiss 10000 THB

1 X 1665 Comex. 7000 THB

The total came to THB 45000 = 1350 USD as per todays exchange rate.

I am very happy with the purchase. But if you guys cant go to Thailand our delers offer a quite reasonable price. if you include risk, cost of ticket , shipping and after sales service .I think it is worth it.

I was lucky enough to go on confrence so it did not cost me anything extra for tickets etc.

I would like to thank Leo for sharing the information with me and by helping me out .

Regards,

B

Now for some pics.

post-399-1171769316_thumb.jpg

post-399-1171769433_thumb.jpg

post-399-1171769509_thumb.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys I posted this information to help members only . I have a Nikkon Digital Camera but I cant figure out how to turn off the fliash.

Anyways I will not be posting additional pics as I cant be botherd . But certinaly the information mentioned by Leonardo and Pugwas is 100% correct.

Ubi I didnt want to spell the watch name 100% . You get a hint of what these watches are.

Anyways this was my last post. on this topic.

If anyone can help me turn off the flash of Nikkon P1 digital camera please pm me.

Regards,

If anyone can help me turn off the flash of Nikkon P1 digital camera please pm me.

You shoulld not worry so much about the flash... Concentrate on the focus so we can see what you've actually got :whistling:

Not sure why you don't spell out the name... PP Nautilus is quite sufficient ;)

Thanks for sharing anyway :1a:

Great info. My wife is Thai. I'm weighing the greater pain...taking her with me to buy a 1680 and letting her know its $200+ or paying the $450 from here ;-). She thinks all the good reps are $20 like the crap...not sure where she got that impression ;-).

My current plan is to ask her all the words I need independently and then put the sentance together myself!

We learn so much so qulckly in this forum regardless of the picture quality.

Cheers.

Guys I posted this information to help members only . I have a Nikkon Digital Camera but I cant figure out how to turn off the fliash.

Anyways I will not be posting additional pics as I cant be botherd . But certinaly the information mentioned by Leonardo and Pugwas is 100% correct.

Ubi I didnt want to spell the watch name 100% . You get a hint of what these watches are.

Anyways this was my last post. on this topic.

Regards,

It's not the flash. It is that you are too close to focus in standard mode. You need to turn the camera into macro mode. You do this by enabling the feature via a button or menu option that shows an icon of a small flower. It looks like a tulip. Good luck! We'd really like to see some improved pics. The macro feature should do the trick!

some more

203869-1032.jpg

I see a faint hint of a magnifier over the pretty good date window... Also see the 30 second subdial at 9 tells me this could be the elusive MBW AP ROO...

You paid ~$US400 and we are getting quotes of 450 EURO... What an amazing markup.

Please tell us about the movement (21600 a7750 or 28800 7750) and let us know more about the quality.

I see a faint hint of a magnifier over the pretty good date window... Also see the 30 second subdial at 9 tells me this could be the elusive MBW AP ROO...

You paid ~$US400 and we are getting quotes of 450 EURO... What an amazing markup.

Please tell us about the movement (21600 a7750 or 28800 7750) and let us know more about the quality.

The quality feels excellent. Much better then IWC inngy I got from EL. The AP Offshore is a heavy piece. Movement is the new Asian movement and I have been told that you can order with swiss 7750 with 2 week wait. Also one more thing how I know these are the same watches as MBW is because they gave me the same cleaning cloth which you get with any MBW piece you order.

The chrono resets without any problem on both the AP Offshores.

The quality feels excellent. Much better then IWC inngy I got from EL. The AP Offshore is a heavy piece. Movement is the new Asian movement and I have been told that you can order with swiss 7750 with 2 week wait. Also one more thing how I know these are the same watches as MBW is because they gave me the same cleaning cloth which you get with any MBW piece you order.

The chrono resets without any problem on both the AP Offshores.

MBW Post charges are 500 Bhat to 1000 Thai Bhat nothing more. But you also have to consider the risk if the watch gets siezed by customs. I think MBW will send you another one.

Personaly I would order from George instead of flying to thailand unless I was there on Holiday or confrence.

If you are going to Thailand just to buy the watch then its not worth it. The shop also accepts Visa card.

To quote Monty Python...."You lucky, lucky bastard!" :1a:

And of course 40-60% is a typical mark-up - and it is on just about everything that you ever buy day to day.

Thailand is already a majestic travel destination - I'd recommend it to anybody. Great hotels and service at amazing prices, just remember not to bother paying that 40-60% mark-up to your travel agent, eh? ;)

:)

Yup, it's practically nothing. In business, you want to be buying at 40%-60% of the price you're selling, plus delivery. That's standard markup in most retail industries.

I am a little curious where those numbers are coming from....

There are a number of factors that contribute to markup such as the type of good, volume, market, etc. I really don't think you can say there is a "standard" retail markup. At least not that I am aware of.

I am a little curious where those numbers are coming from....

There are a number of factors that contribute to markup such as the type of good, volume, market, etc. I really don't think you can say there is a "standard" retail markup. At least not that I am aware of.

Those figures are based on wholesale costs for most items I've seen wholesale vs retail prices for. For instance, Rolex use 60% for their price to the ADs if you want to talk just about watches.

Google retail mark-up and you'll see 40%-60% is about right for most non-perishable goods.