When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fliplockbuckle Finally Got Em, The Perfect Crownguards

FlipLockBuckle

Hello, I used an "alpha submariner" case as the basis.

... and the comedy continues. :D

I'm sorry, this may be an almighty and amazing casemod, but ... but it isn't, is it. A friend lent you his no-date, didn't he. :whistling:

ps. Pretty elaborate hoax or modding breakthrough? You decide.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=18559

Well if that's the same case he use for this "project", then he is one hell of an artist. It seems that the alpha case does not have case holes and the "project" does. I bought a few of the Alpha watches last year for presents, not one had case holes. Like my Granny used to say "You can put your boots in the oven but that don't make 'em biscuts" :whistling:

Wow, so many people telling me to stop talking [censored] and being sure the watch in the pictures is a gen :) That gives me actually alot affirmation you know, cause my mod must be absolutely flawless!´

By The way...Lugs were drilled according to the sticky-guide in the "Watch Repair"-Forum.

Edited by FlipLockBuckle

No mention of the crown/tube, either. Alphas don't have triplocks yet no mention was made of the crown/tube, even as they would have to be removed to get the CGs that perfect.

Danny, got any work-in-progress shots or won't your mate let you dismantle his Sub?

The amazing part is he could raise the crown without mentioning he changed to a thinner movement. The alpha and just about any other rep have a lower crown position while the gen has a centered crown position on the sub (seadweller has even a higher crown position). It's because the deeper rehaut of the sub and the thickness of the movement (most sub reps use 2836. Had the factories use 2824 or 2892, they have a chance to center the crown on the case). Look at the 2nd pic, though blurry, you can see the crown is high. See how much closer it's to the the bezel compared to any other sub reps. How did he achieve that he didn't change the movement? And how did he re-drill the crown hole with the existing one low in the case? He had to fill the old hole and drill a new one. How's that possible? I'd like to learn that.

-bm

Edited by bklm1234