When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I Am So Pissed Off..

V

Well I don't have much to say...

Just that I was one of the few members always willing to help and disclose information to new members..

From my last experience this will change.

I had 2-3 PMs from a member asking questions and I decided to help him wholeheartly and I have spent 2 days with PMs back and forth replying to questions..

I have already saved him around 200$ to parts that they wouldn't fit his project.. (200$ I PAID to find out they were worthless)

Plus he said he will buy a movement and a glass from me (not easy to get parts - in an Ok price) and I had to wait for the payment.. Yesterday he decided that he didn't wanted them because it was not a cannon pinion ready installed on the movement and that would have been 30$ extra he didn't wanted to spent. :blowup:

He is beano2004... He is now Blocked and ignored so he will not be helped from me anymore.

..and I have to think if I should even try to put obstacles in his franken Pam project because the worst thing someone should do to me is being ungrateful.

For example I know the answer to this question.. Sorry CISO1969 but the new V is just not gonna answer it because of this guy:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/Homer-Crown-Guar...ase-t21645.html

Unfortunately I have understood why the Angelus guys don't want to share with anyone.. Because of ungrateful people like the one I met..

:thumbdown:

That's a shame V..

We have a saying here in norway: "Utakk er verdens lønn" Roughly; (Ingratitude is the world's reward)

We all hope you will reconsider when you have shaken it off.

Helpful and nice people often find it hard to completely stop helping people. ;)

-TG-

I feel your pain V, it happens to me each and every week...

My Blocked PM and Ignored list is about 100 names here and on TRC.

I also get 2-3 each month that book appointements, and never live up to their end of the deal, they join the rest on the blocked list, and I also let all the other watchmakers know about them, so they can be aware of potential time wasters.

I also share my bad customers and those I block with all the other watchsmiths here, and they do the same for me.

I would really appreciate it if you sent me the board name, and anything else you have, so I can add this person to the list.

I am getting to the same point you are, enough is enough, some memebers are just no good and don't deserve our support or help.

RG

V, step back and take a deep breath. Your contributions are appreciated very much. Lets not one idiot spoil it for all!

Well I haven't said that I will stop contribute... I will still post interesting stuff and reviews and whatever I did..

I will just stop helping with 2 bloody days PMs.. (2 days almost 20 Pms).. and of course this guy has used my name to a good friend to get something he wanted..

Anyways.. he will not spoil it for all of you.. Just don;t even consider sending Pms (like those I receive EVERY DAY) saying.. Hye V I have seen your post and what strap is this and were I can get it? Or Hey V you did a nice comparison of Jimmy fu and rep case.. Can i put a davidsen this to a rep that and have the super duper watch?

I will simply ignore it if the member doesn not have more than 100-200 posts :bicycle:

It is amazing that this guy now has found my email (when I send him my paypal information) and now he made me a lowerer offer and then he asked for another question...

What can I say... just WHAT CAN I SAY???

Blocked from my email as well and very eager to post his name here because he will try to find now someone else to ask the his questions...

Unbelievable.

Yeah that was true unbelievable and make me think that this post haven't teached him anything at all...

And after a discussion with The Zigmeister I decided to out him out..

He is: beano2004

Next time he will ask you something remember this post..

You should see some of the emails Jennifer receives from some members here, there are some terrible rude people here, who portray themselves on the board to be just wonderful people...

I also get the numerous "Watchmaker Consulting" emails and PM's, I like the ones that say "I have a Watchmaker who is going to service my XXX model, I hear your an expert, can you tell me what I need to tell my watchmaker so he can fix my watch for me..."

Hopefully others can avoid the same problems.

RG

Its a shame, I do feel this post reiterates one posted last week sometime about the changing character of this forum.

Over the past year I can't help but notice the increase in low count members (not necessarily a problem) who post very basic questions about information that can be easily found using the searh button.

I think a set of rules should be in place for noobs which would both keep the memory use of the board down, and keep our pro's like V, By-tor, The Zigmeister etc... from unecessary PM's and post's?

There is a fine line between being helpful to others, and being used.

Look at my example last week with member beowolf, helped him on the board, on PM, and because Jennifer did not get back to him with shipping information within a few hours, he found someone else to do the work for him. BUT that was not the problem, the problem was that as soon as he got what he wanted from someone else, he did not have the decency to send Jennifer a message and cancel his appointement.

Add member beowolf to your blocked list...

RG

That's a real shame that it has made people think twice about helping newcomers. To be honest, questions I've posted in open forum about sourcing parts have gone pretty much unanswered, but PMs to Ziggy and Flav were incredibly enlightening and informative, I for one would hope that the actions of one person will not lead to a permanant reluctance to help n00bz in need of help. But. I will say this. Good on you for naming and shaming. There's nothing worse than people who back out of agreements or try to use someone's name as a backway into getting something they want. I'm not a big one on naming and shaming myself, but no one has really ever disrespected me enough to deserve getting shamed (although I have warned someone about one unscrupulous eBay dealer as they had already listed them in a thread.)

Thanks again to everyone who has advised me on my 2531.80 project watch, I really value the input and suggestions, I just hope I can make it into something worthy of display, rather than the guilty pleasure it is at the moment. Once more:

Backing out of deals and name-dropping to get hooked up = :thumbdown:

Being a noob myself and having less than 100 posts I guess I can only reitterate what others have said already, hopefully this tragic experiance will not ruin it for the rest of the members. I have read countless posts from memebrs praising the help that you guys offer and i'm impressed by the knowledge and the ability to share it with people whom you have never met.

So again, maybe a nice deep breath and a few days to let things cool down is what everyone needs in a time like this. Not to mention there will always be some bad apples .

Being a noob myself and having less than 100 posts I guess I can only reitterate what others have said already, hopefully this tragic experiance will not ruin it for the rest of the members. I have read countless posts from memebrs praising the help that you guys offer and i'm impressed by the knowledge and the ability to share it with people whom you have never met.

So again, maybe a nice deep breath and a few days to let things cool down is what everyone needs in a time like this. Not to mention there will always be some bad apples .

You just took the words out of my mouth :victory:

Sorry to read about this Kostas...

Hot darn TT,

those asshat pictures just get better each time!! and V, I am very sorry to hear about that particular member let you down. I tried to answer some pms that I get from noobs, but I am sure they are no where near you, Zigs, Pugs and By-tor. I would like to hear this Beano member respond to the forum here, and see what he would have to say for himself on that. And Rob, I hope I am not one of those members that you were talking about, even though I have questions abundled.......have a good upcoming week fellas....

@ v, sorry to hear about this. i think pugwash's suggestion re: trying to get people to post on the forum instead of PM'ing would be a great help to all of the more 'visible' members such as v, pugwash, etc. i'm sure your inbox is flooded by PM's; it must get tiresome going through them all (particularly w/ all of the newbies that don't know how to use the search function).

@ tt, the moment i read 'asshat' from cj's post, i was thinking (and hoping), i bet tt posts one of his (fantastic) asshat photos. keep up the good work -- let no asshat comment go unanswered.

deltatahoe