When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Antiquorum is selling Daniel Craig's Omegas...

By-Tor

Calm down, man. It's on its way.

I'd love one, but I'm slightly concerned by a post I read on this board or one of the others, suggesting that some rubber rep straps may contain cancer causing chemicals.

BTW, do Omega make 2 rubber straps for the PO XL - one with a buckle and one with a deployant clasp?

I'd love one, but I'm slightly concerned by a post I read on this board or one of the others, suggesting that some rubber rep straps may contain cancer causing chemicals.

And you believed it? :blink:

That's the sort of line used along with "Fakes fund Terrorism".

Sorry, but I'm actually going to be scheptical and say that I don't think those are the watches Daniel wore in the movie. I have seen pictures someone took at an Omega exhibition which featured his Planet Ocean, and it was spotlessly clean... Unless he had several POs throughout filming...

Well,,,think how hard would it be to actually get that level of dirt on the underside of the case? it looks like someone just pushed it into the dirt.....but who wants to be rational about this?

Anyone who doesn't want to get fleeced bidding on a bogus auction ;):lol:

Why Mr. Bond is not wearing the Limited Edition in his own movie <_<

I'm waiting for the rubber strap as well.

Hmmm - an undercover operative for MI6 who has his own range of merchandise with his code number on it, which he wears when out in the field?! I don't think so.

@TeeJay - it has been established that several of each type of watch was worn during the filming as they moved to different locations. The dirty PO was the one used when filming the outdoor parts of the free running scene.

Oh, and there's a Seamaster Pro as worn by Pierce Brosnan in Tomorrow Never Dies listed in the same sale (I'd link to it but the site is filtered where I work...)

Hmmm - an undercover operative for MI6 who has his own range of merchandise with his code number on it, which he wears when out in the field?! I don't think so.

That's why I'd never buy one of the Limited Editions to wear (although I am planning on using the 'gun barrel Omega' as a donor for my project watch ;) )

@TeeJay - it has been established that several of each type of watch was worn during the filming as they moved to different locations. The dirty PO was the one used when filming the outdoor parts of the free running scene.

Oh, and there's a Seamaster Pro as worn by Pierce Brosnan in Tomorrow Never Dies listed in the same sale (I'd link to it but the site is filtered where I work...)

Ahh, that's fair enough, and would certainly make sense, I just wouldn't've thought they would need to do that with each location :D Oh well... Happy Bidding folks :thumbsupsmileyanim:

That's why I'd never buy one of the Limited Editions to wear (although I am planning on using the 'gun barrel Omega' as a donor for my project watch ;) )

Ahh, that's fair enough, and would certainly make sense, I just wouldn't've thought they would need to do that with each location :D

They also let Daniel Craig keep the one he wore for the publicity photographs with Eva Green and Caterina Murino. Pierce Brosnan was extended a similar courtesy during his tenure despite him having an individual contract as an Omega Ambassador. So there are indeed several 'official' watches.

What I want to know is when are they going to put the two battle scarred Aston Martin DBS's they used for the crash scene up for auction?? :D :D

They also let Daniel Craig keep the one he wore for the publicity photographs with Eva Green and Caterina Murino. Pierce Brosnan was extended a similar courtesy during his tenure despite him having an individual contract as an Omega Ambassador. So there are indeed several 'official' watches.

What I want to know is when are they going to put the two battle scarred Aston Martin DBS's they used for the crash scene up for auction?? :D :D

It does not surprise me to hear that they let them keep a watch each. After filming Phantom Menace, Ewan McGregor's lightsaber strangely went missing... ;) (which is why that had to chrome up a stunt prop for Attack of the Clones)

I think those beaten up DBs would either go for a good price, or sold at scrap prices. Depending on the actual damage done, they might indeed be salvageable. I read in a magazine a year or so ago that someone bought a scrapped Merc, and then with exceptional metal working skills 'kit-bashed' it into one of the top models, and it was even able to be fitted with Mercedes factory parts for the other model of car.