When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How Many Reps? Who has the most?

oakland

I was searching through some threads today and noticed some pictures of watch boxes with tons of watches. It lead me to start asking how far some of us go. I myself am a noob, but my collection is steadily growing every month. I don't know if this has been discussed, if it has been, this can be considered an update.

How many reps do you have? And can you have too many? If so, how many is too many?

I have three. a PO, a horrible Yachmaster, and the titanium AMG Ingy. I see myself never going above say twelve in the coming years, but as with any hobby (addiction) i bet it'll be hard to stop myself.

The floor is open, I know probably everyone here can beat 3, but who's got the most???

Yeah, just broke down and got the Chrono Evo so that makes 28 I think. Need to check the spreadsheet. PT sent me a white Superocean by mistake, which if you haven't gotten the idea from all the pics, is an AMAZING watch. There are people with 50+ easily. I am hesitant to ever sell any, so am thinking that I could be around 50 in a couple years. Matter of fact, watches are the only thing I really spend any money on.

I have had as many as 12 at one time. I have recently culled the herd down to 4 favorites. A vintage sea dweller MBW, 1680, 5634, 212 PAM. The rest were not being worn and were sold. Quality instead of quantity was the final decision in what was gathering dust and what was actually worn.

I don't have the most, but I bet I have one that ranks up there as one of the worst. My first rep is a 50th anniversary sub that I purchased from ireplicastore. I bought from them because they took paypal. This watch wouldn't fool Stevie Wonder if Stevie knows anything about Rolex Subs. It's not too bad except for the pearl which is about the size of a green giant green pea-uncooked. The watch is so bad, I don't think I'd wear it around the house.

My total watch collection is somewhere in the 30s, five (soon to be six) of which are reps. I sold about 7 or 8 watches last fall to upgrade one of my bicycles to 10 spd.

Down to two reps from over 25. FA Jones and SS Sub. I love replicas and will always be a fan and part of the discussion. They were my introduction to fine time pieces but I find genuine collecting much easier to live with.

I've also acquired a taste for early 20th century pocket watches. I have a couple of Hamilton 992 railroad watches that are amazingly accurate and close to 100 years old.

18 reps at the moment, but I've sold or given away probably about the same number (my standard gift to friends and family these days, I have yet to meet anyone who wasn't thrilled) and wore out a few more. I've also got four gens and about a half-dozen cheaper watches -- G-shocks, Seiko Monsters and the like.

4 gens

-Tag Kirium bracelet,

-Baume and Mercier classic dress watch,

-My father's gold toned Seiko

7 reps

-42 and 45 PO's

-PAM 029

-TT TWB

-Noob LV

-SMP/GMT

-Roadster

Bill, you're well represented here!!

23. Three from Canal St. and 20 from our dealers. My first rep was actually bought off the street about 20 years ago from a guy who said, "Hey mister, wanna buy a watch?". It's a TT Sub, quartz, and is still ticking. Spent $75 for the three of 'em, but not at the same time.

I've had as many as 35 at once but am now down to 4 gens and 6 sweet reps. I'm much happier @ 8-10 watches at a time...I hated having to choose from 30 watches all of which I love, plus It was getting boring telling people I had 30 $5k+ watches because 27 of them were fake. Making myself to get rid of a watch for every new one I buy has improved my collection considerably by forcing me to be more selective (if it aint moddable to damn near perfect, I don't buy it) let's me justify spending big mig money on mods I never would have done before, has stopped frazzling my little brain so much in the morning, and increased the liklihood that the people I work with think my watches are real.

BTW, kruzer00 has 3 times as many watches, most of which are top notch reps, as anyone else I've ever met or heard about. If watches were shoes his user name would be Imelda00.