When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Time has Come to Say Something....

Edge

RWI is on page 4 now. Lots of opions, but no looney bin this time. I dont post here muc(if ever?) But I love reps and watches, I hope this gets better, things could get quite ugly.

What up Pugs! Miss ya over there, but I may have to do some more posting abroad.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you realize the movement in it is not an ETA 2892 as was advertised correct???

This is the freekin crap were talking about here. Naieve, happy, serene ...and duped!

I think you forgot to add "and not that concerned about it". [censored], the [censored]er looks great! (language you guys understand).

http://watchwindersworld.com/omse10022-aqu...892-p-1434.html

I can't help myself as I am ingnorant. the site advertises the watch movement as 2892-2 which my understanding is an asian copy of ETA. I have been told the actual movement is Seagul. I have also heard the Seagul movement is pretty good. Crystal has said The Zigmeister feels it is a piece of crap. The point is this:

I bought a rep to LOOK like the gen. If I wanted a good watch for the money I would but a casio quartz. The reason i have no problem here is because they had to use the Seagul (if that is what it is) with silver movement to look like gen becuase it has display caseback and gen is silver (vs. ETA which is gold). Now, Josh should have said what the movement was vs ETA 2892-2, I agree, but would not have influenced buying decision. Sorry to [censored] you guys off. Infact, the reason I did not get SMP GMT is because the ETA in that display caseback is gold and gen is silver. dead giveaway and useless to me.

I think we ask alot from these dealers in terms of getting the watches to be exactly like gen and we have to balance quality for asthetics.

Bottom line is the piece cost 270 bucks. To me that's an investment in a fun hobbie to a watch that looks great.

I will let everyone know when it fails

kanerich-

Very well said... Deliver what you say... Say what you'll do. Charge appropriately. It's easy math...

Aye exactly! I think the sub-forum mentioed earlier is a good idea, as is asking dealers to include pics of movements.

I believe the solution here is simply to have more dealers (who are unaffiliated).

Good idea,.. however they would need to then go through an initiation period

to test them.

Some members will either get a deal or get ripped,.. remember Sichaun ?

I think we need to promote the honest dealers we already know,.. however

have them clean up, or upgrade their methods,.. as we will have power to funnel

more business like never before... or take it away.

I think you forgot to add "and not that concerned about it". [censored], the [censored]er looks great! (language you guys understand).

I can't help myself as I am ingnorant. the site advertises the watch movement as 2892-2 which my understanding is an asian copy of ETA. I have been told the actual movement is Seagul. I have also heard the Seagul movement is pretty good. Crystal has said Ziggy feels it is a piece of crap. The point is this:

I bought a rep to LOOK like the gen. If I wanted a good watch for the money I would but a casio quartz. The reason i have no problem here is because they had to use the Seagul (if that is what it is) with silver movement to look like gen becuase it has display caseback and gen is silver (vs. ETA which is gold). Now, Josh should have said what the movement was vs ETA 2892-2, I agree, but would not have influenced buying decision. Sorry to [censored] you guys off. Infact, the reason I did not get SMP GMT is because the ETA in that display caseback is gold and gen is silver. dead giveaway and useless to me.

I think we ask alot from these dealers in terms of getting the watches to be exactly like gen and we have to balance quality for asthetics.

Bottom line is the piece cost 270 bucks. To me that's an investment in a fun hobbie to a watch that looks great.

That's as maybe, but, if someone advertises something as being X rather than Y, they should sell the customer X rather than Y, not sell them Z and hope no one finds out, or isn't prepared to go through the rigmarole of returns/replacement and make do with what they've got. It's a case of being honest and ethical, not mis-representing a product or selling it at a ludicrous price, which is precicely the reason this forum was created. To advise and protect. Sure, dealing in reps is illegal, but there is still such a thing as 'honor among thieves', especially when people are dealing in an honest manner, and expect to be dealt with in an honest manner.

Just my .2c

I can't help myself as I am ingnorant. the site advertises the watch movement as 2892-2 which my understanding is an asian copy of ETA. I have been told the actual movement is Seagul. I have also heard the Seagul movement is pretty good. Crystal has said The Zigmeister feels it is a piece of crap. The point is this:

Under your logic replica house the people that 700 bucks for a cheap sub, is also "ok"

Look, if he had advertised the watch with the crap movement in it thats there, it would have been 100 bucks less. The problem is not the price, the problem is the lie.

The Zigmeister thinks the seagull movement is fine. The Zigmeister thinks some of the new asian copies of eta's are fine. The Zigmeister even likes an assortment of asian movements. But these are bottom of the barrel asians at least the ones we know about.

look, the dealers have access to this forum. We are fish in a barrel, suckers, every last one of us. And we cut off other dealers so that these guys who we have worked with gets all the business funneled their way. As part of the unwritten deal, they are not supposed to screw us.

Turns out, they have been scamming lately. - its not ok.

kanerich-

Very well said... Deliver what you say... Say what you'll do. Charge appropriately. It's easy math...

Kanerich put it far more eloquently than me, but I said the same thing a few pages ago (although most of you probably didn't get past the profanities.... :D )

look, the dealers have access to this forum. We are fish in a barrel, suckers, every last one of us. And we cut off other dealers so that these guys who we have worked with gets all the business funneled their way. As part of the unwritten deal, they are not supposed to screw us.

Well stated. How many times has a newb popped into general discussion and asked where to go for reps, only to have two or three people point him to the dealer's section. Now the dealers section is full of scammers. I feel so betrayed.

Under your logic replica house the people that 700 bucks for a cheap sub, is also "ok"

Look, if he had advertised the watch with the crap movement in it thats there, it would have been 100 bucks less. The problem is not the price, the problem is the lie.

Ziggy thinks the seagull movement is fine. Ziggy thinks some of the new asian copies of eta's are fine. Ziggy even likes an assortment of asian movements. But these are bottom of the barrel asians at least the ones we know about.

Turns out, they have been scamming lately. - its not ok.

jomamas response seems reactive like I'm saying "You're an idiot for buying this watch". Just the opposite, I think the seller is reprehensible for misrepresenting it.

Look you guys are missing the point. Some of the members [censored] at the newbies to "do your Research" That's exactly what I did when I used the great wealth of knowledge form the other members on this site BEFORE I bought the watch. RXrandy was the first to indicate it was a Seagul vs ETA. So I did a search on seagul and came up with alot of info (most of it positive)

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...2&hl=seagul

Infact there was a recent thread that indicated the dealers should use more explicit terminolgy for the movements and low and behold one of our prized members labled all the movements and the "code" dealers use. One of which was ETA 2892/Seagul s-18

See this link

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...1&hl=seagul

herte is my point. there are alot of members who get on a high horse and tell the other members to do research, research research. If the dealers are taking shortcuts you can usually find it out by following your own advise and making an informed decision. I love this place. I am convinced dealers will come and go as they are risking alot more than us. As my contractor says "it is what it is".

EDGE...

You have no idea about reps. In the replica industry... for Swiss ETA 2892 movements, you need to order in advance (6 months) and pay the full amount first and it will only be delivered 6 months later. There is NO GUARANTEE that you will get the movements. I am not going to argue with you over this because you dont know about the replica industry in the first place. If you want, I can bring you there and you can see for yourself. It's no kid's stuff

By the way, an Swiss ETA 2892 movement cost more than USD200 and in the range of USD250 per piece. You should know that it isnt possible to sell with that movement since you are an expert right?

Andrew

CORRECT... waiting period on ETA factory is minimum 6 month... for valjoux 12-16 month... for Valgranges 3 years :p

WRONG... ETA 2892-A2 is available for under $100 if you order some hundrets. Retail price is $250, but not factory price for suppliers. I sell my ETA 2892-A2 for $180 and they are extra overworked from swiss SOPROD company. Standard 2892 from ETA cost list $160 from me.

Well stated. How many times has a newb popped into general discussion and asked where to go for reps, only to have two or three people point him to the dealer's section. Now the dealers section is full of scammers. I feel so betrayed.

Sorry to burst your bubble and add to your depression......but the dealers section isn't full of scammers......there are many good dealers........this topic is about some well established dealers who have banded together to create a cartel......price fixing.....eliminating competition.....stealing other dealers photos......and worst of all LYING to their customers.......not to mention the aspect of competitive dealers Paypal accounts suddenly being suspended.....also......LYING to members that their own Paypal accounts had been compromised.....and yet some customers have responded that they were offered Paypal facility after they were supposed to have their accounts suspended......!

Well, Neil, in this mess you are looking better and better, time for you to hire some additional lovely assistants to help answer your e-mails.

Lang may yer lum reek!

Good for you. I'm sure you lead a life free of stress since you clearly don't sweat little irritations. but surely you have to see that logically speaking, it makes at least as much sense to want to get X when you're told you're getting X as to be satisfied with getting whatever.

You're happy to pay $270 for a watch with a $10 movement from a dealer who may or may not give you what he says he's giving you, that is totally your call. The thing is, basically the entire decision to buy reps, gens whatever is an individual call. But that doesn't change the basic rules of life, which is that you cannot deliver ANYTHING when you say you will deliver a particular thing and then claim to be trusty and reliable, and "hey, it's not easy to make money selling reps" is clearly a pretty self-serving excuse. I don't think anybody is saying that there are not people out there who aren't happy to get watches with junk movements if they look okay, what people are saying is that dealers who don't deliver what they say they will, and charge for spec that doesn't exist, are not to be trusted if you care about getting what you pay for. You don't care about getting what you pay for, that's fine but that basically places you outside the discussion.