When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ok guys, choose my b-day watch!

Dutchy

Alright, so I can get a watch from the cash my parents will be giving me for my b-day.

Hoooooowever, I cannot decide!!!!

I just got my PO Ultimate 45mm......freaking amazing....true craftmanship, stunning, enough said.

Now, I may want a Breitling or Steelfish or Evo, or maybe a Hublot SS Big bang or an IWC Ingenieur!

I just really cannot decide.....I also just got RobbieG's 'perfect' Yachtmaster which is freaking amazing too and an AP Royal Oak (the smaller one) which is great when wearing a suit or dress shirts (but the PO is good too! hehe)

Anyway, what do you guys think? Just throw it out there!

Mind you, I do prefer known brands (Rolex, Omega, Breitling, IWC, Hublot) for now....

Thanks guys :)

P.S. Here are some ideas I got from Andy's site:

Evolution - Steel white dial

Steelfish - Steel blue dial

Hublot - SS

IWC Ingenieur

P.S. Before you ask, yes, I will re-upgrade my membership to VIP before I even purchase the watch, gotta keep this place moving...bank transfer to paypal account takes loooong!!

Edited by Dutchy

Happy Birthday Flo, if the choice was mine it would be the HBB however those new Ferrari Pams are sure some sexy watch maybe it's worth your time to take a look at them too.

Ken

Alright, so I can get a watch from the cash my parents will be giving me for my b-day.

Hoooooowever, I cannot decide!!!!

I just got my PO Ultimate 45mm......freaking amazing....true craftmanship, stunning, enough said.

Now, I may want a Breitling or Steelfish or Evo, or maybe a Hublot SS Big bang or an IWC Ingenieur!

I just really cannot decide.....I also just got RobbieG's 'perfect' Yachtmaster which is freaking amazing too and an AP Royal Oak (the smaller one) which is great when wearing a suit or dress shirts (but the PO is good too! hehe)

Anyway, what do you guys think? Just throw it out there!

Mind you, I do prefer known brands (Rolex, Omega, Breitling, IWC, Hublot) for now....

Thanks guys :)

P.S. Here are some ideas I got from Andy's site:

Evolution - Steel white dial

Steelfish - Steel blue dial

Hublot - SS

IWC Ingenieur

P.S. Before you ask, yes, I will re-upgrade my membership to VIP before I even purchase the watch, gotta keep this place moving...bank transfer to paypal account takes loooong!!

Happy birthday to you....happy birthday to you..........

In order:

1. Hublot (by a country mile this is THE ONE)I've just odered a black faced Daytona but I think I prefer the H.......(weeps)

2.IWC

3.Evo (Go for brown leather strap)

4.Steelfish. Not so keen on this one

Let us know which one you get and then post some pics

Montydog

Holy crap!! Thanks for all the replies/opinions/suggestions and the kind wishes! Not quite my birthday yet but I will be turning 19 (Yes By-Tor, 19, not 17, you joker :lol:) on wednesday

Thanks to all of you, its funny how the day gets more special when you get all these kind wishes and a new watch!!!!! :)

Ok, so its a bit of a mixed bag, some like the Breitlings, some the Omegas, some the Big Bang, some the IWC's......

Man this journey is awesome, I'll think about which watch more than wearing it :D

I really like the combinations you guys threw out, the leather bands and different dial colors. I think the Evo (as many said on the site) is most accurate in white and I dont have any white dialed reps at the moment.

Also, I dont remember who said it, but someone switched out their gen leather band on their gen steelfish for the rep steelfish bracelet and said it felt amazing, I just hate changing the bracelet back into the case holes and prefer switching between leather bands for that reason, so easy to change bands but the steel ones, hard!...If I took leather, you think I'll still like it and not want steel instead??

Oh and in terms of the HBB, I cannot find it in me to spend 200 more on the ceramic bezel HBB just yet (dont even have a job and I need to save up for uni drunken nights :lol:) and I heard the bracelet cuts into your skin a bit, this still the case? Dont really have the tools (or mind) to muck with buckles :D

Thanks again guys, have a good one :)

Edited by Dutchy

Ok guys, think I'm going to go with the Big Bang SS first....do I need that loctite stuff (cant get it in Venezuela....) because I heard people have had the screws fall out....

By the way, what do you guys think of the current "watches-to-get" list :)

Panerai 111h Asian - TC tanned muppet strap or similar

Rolex GMT Master II - Black/red

Rolex 16610 Sub

IWC Ingenieur - steel steel (maybe nylon strap...)

VC Overseas - white dial

Breitling Evolution - white steel band

Breitling Steelfish - grey steel band

Hublot Big Bang - Steel

Chopard XL Turismo - white dial

Breitling Navitimer - 3,6,9 black dial stick markers

Omega Seamaster Pro - blue james bond

Omega Seamaster Pro - black bezel/dial

Edited by Dutchy

It's your b'day get a gen! HBB is awesome, but wayyyy over priced, current fav in the bargain stakes is the PAM Ferrari.

It's a nice watch but dont like the ferrari sign on it......the breitling bentley is pushing it for me :)

Anyway.....Steelfish then for now?

That Big Bang is just brilliant in my opinion......I dont think the price will ever go down......