When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Regarding King's Gold

Regarding the post that accuses King of false advertising, it should have never been posted in the manner

in which it was, or in my opinion ever posted.

I don't know how long Watch-a-Doin has been around, but he made an error in judgement.

I could handle this via pm but it would not serve a larger purpose.

King has been one of our Top Notch dealers for years, and anyone that knows the game, understands

that large volume dealers do not have control over what their shippers send out.

It's the risk they take, that cuts a step in time, additional potential mailing headaches, and money, which

which is passed on to us in lower prices.

As long at the dealer assumes responsibilty for the error, they are doing their best.

King has proven that she stands by us.. so we should stand by her.

This has been discussed in the previous thead, but worth mentioning again for those that have not

read or understood the semantics.

Now to my point about the whole issue of the band and the previous post.

I am the one that made the purchase from King, so if I were to learn that the gold in my watch

were less than 14k, it would be my choice make waves or not.

Not a third party, that pleaded to buy the band, chewed the price from $80 to $50, then takes

it to who knows who, for gold testing, then requests and obtains an additional discount to $25.

His recourse was through me, which I took responsitility for, even though I have no facts

regarding his claims or the person that he claims, did the testing.

No matter, don't sweat the small stuff.

Okay, all said and done,.. but I ask you, what is the point in purchasing a 14k TT watch ?

Is it for resellability or durability ? For me it's the second choice.

I say we don't need another reason to cause stress in our little world of replicas that is

already checkered with holes.

Why not concentrate on the issues we have control over... and enjoy the many surprises

that also accompany the game ?

For me, King is still of the Hill and I will go back for another 14 or whatever K watch..as the

one I have is sweet as it comes :D

You know Richard...you were okay in my book until you posted this thread.

If you had a problem with me posting my views on the matter...why not contact me directly and ask me to remove the post or atleast have the opportunity to change my position in my post as I do see your point.

However, you decided to not contact me and rather make a post on this site in public view to disparage me? Why?

In my original post I cleary did not mention your name. I kept that confidential and was not going to reveal who you were. I respected you on that matter.

My post was valid as I did make a purchase with information gleaned from you that it was bought from King. I have every right to call her out on the carpet for saying it is 14kt when it isnt.

So, now I am a liar as well because I went to my local watchsmith and had it tested...

I'm sorry [censored] but this is the wrong way to go on the matter.

Again, you wrote me enough PMs during the transaction that you could have told me your thoughts directly rather than post it for all to see.

I appreciated your willingness to refund me $25 on the purchase because it wasnt what you advertised either.

Go see your original post. It says New Rolax, TT solid 14k Band !

That to me is reason enough to get upset.

Plus, I paid you pretty well on the IWC. Considering I can get it new from Eddie or River for $298. You got $250 for it.

Don't become one of these forum a-holes who likes to be nice in PMing people and then decide to be two faced on the public forum to try and make yourself look good.

In fact, you never had to reveal it was you who did the transaction. You could have easily defended King in the thread without saying it was you who I bought the items from.

Regardless, I am shocked at your post and that you didnt come to me first about it. I most likely would have revised my post or even deleted it.

Unreal [censored]!

Edited by Whatch-A-Doin?

If you had a problem with me posting my views on the matter...why not contact me directly and ask me to remove the post or atleast have the opportunity to change my position in my post as I do see your point.

However, you decided to not contact me and rather make a post on this site in public view to disparage me? Why?

Hello kettle...... :blink:

Watch-a-

As I replied to your pm,.. I posted for future reference, for others that may feel a need

to post such, before they think or inquire.. which by the way you should have done.

These kind of posts can lead to the extinction of a rare species.. an Honest Dealer,

all of which we enjoy here, but sometimes take for granted.

I was in open to all contact from you,.. you only needed to write me on your thoughts,..

after all it was in reference to not just King, but to a transaction done by me... therefore

your actions forced my hand.

Since however you understand the point,.., I'm sure no one holds anything against you..

nor do I.

We all make mistakes.. I did nearly the same when I first came to the game... but I lived

was forgiven and learned.

All the best to you,

well, I am sure something can be worked out. Name calling doesn't help.

I suggest you guys to calm down and solve it in a professional way.

For richard, I think you should email King and ask for compensation. It was clearly advertised as 14K. So you should get what you paid for. Does 4K make a big difference? I don't know. But I think it's your responsibility to make King to get it fixed. Maybe she can get you a replacement or something.

For watcha, maybe you should accept a partial refund. Honestly, Richard shouldn't be blamed for the mistake.

I checked the price on ebay. The price difference between a 10K and a 14K isn't that much. If I were watcha, I ll probably just take the bracelet and accept a partial refund from King/Richard.

Edited by cwai02

Richard refunded me $25 on the bracelet.

My advice to Richard, King, whoever...is to do your research on any item you plan on selling before you advertise it on this forum. I am personally bothered that any member on this forum can say something in their ad and it is not true.

I asked several times during the sale if the watch was 14kt gold and I was told yes. Besides, it's not 10kt gold either. Not sure what metal it is...but it isn't gold of 10kt or higher.

As we all know Caveat Emptor...this seriously applies to member to member sales as well.

Best wishes to you Richard. You were respectable for the refund. I just didnt appreciate your comments about me as I never implicated you. You did that yourself.

End of story and thread from me.

'nuff said

This issue has been satisfied with Watch-a..

As for King & I,.. I have already posted my sentiments.

Thanks however for caring, but we need to let this post die a natural death.

'kin hell......it's $50.00.....what a bunch of fargin' cry babies these forums attract....definite 'fly-paper' for idiots and cheapskates.......what the hell persuaded you that you were gonna get 14k gold 'anything'....YOU persuaded yourself..........!

My advice to Richard, King, whoever...is to do your research on any item you plan on selling before you advertise it on this forum. I am personally bothered that any member on this forum can say something in their ad and it is not true.

But it's OK for the rep manufacturers to "steal and lie" about their product...lie when the put Rolex on the dial.....steal when they copy the design...........it's a FAKE........and if somebody is being pissant about $50.00.......he should move to stamp collecting....!

Edited by TTK

Regarding the post that accuses King of false advertising, it should have never been posted in the manner

in which it was, or in my opinion ever posted.

I don't know how long Watch-a-Doin has been around, but he made an error in judgement.

I could handle this via pm but it would not serve a larger purpose.

I'm with you. This Whatch-A-Doin? guy had some unrealistic expectations and a hell of a prima donna attitude. I have a feeling that he will whine about anything that anyone sells to him. So, don't.

I have been buying items from Eddie, River, Jos and other members of the original RWG. Never had a problem with an seller and they havent had problems with me. I actually didn't have any problems with Richard either. More of an issue of those who advertise 14kt when it isnt. Hence, the reason why Precious Time posted his iluminating post about his being real gold.

And..Here we go again...people like Bres who have nothing to contribute but personal attacks. Very mature.

In any case, thanks for the fun Richard. Keep buying from King.

I'm with you. This Whatch-A-Doin? guy had some unrealistic expectations and a hell of a prima donna attitude. I have a feeling that he will whine about anything that anyone sells to him. So, don't.

'kin hell......it's $50.00.....what a bunch of fargin' cry babies these forums attract....definite 'fly-paper' for idiots and cheapskates.......what the hell persuaded you that you were gonna get 14k gold 'anything'....YOU persuaded yourself..........!

But it's OK for the rep manufacturers to "steal and lie" about their product...lie when the put Rolex on the dial.....steal when they copy the design...........it's a FAKE........and if somebody is being pissant about $50.00.......he should move to stamp collecting....!

Well said Neil. After all we are indulging in buying fakes. Most if not all the dealers are honest on this site and give information that they have been told and believe to the best of their knowledge is correct. If you want perfection go buy a real Rolex. But I suspect that you can't afford a real one so accept the limitations of fakes and stop whinging.

This issue isn't about the morality of rep making. We all know it's wrong...yet we still do it. not the issue here

It's actually about what this board is for (or what I thought it was for)..to prevent others from being ripped off from Rep sellers. We know those sellers on the web who claim Grade A Swiss replica and others that we know are BS. So, if that's why we come here to get great deals and to learn about what we are in store for when we buy...why not advertise correctly.

I am pretty sure TTK wouldnt advertise one of his watches as 14kt gold if it wasn't true. I am pretty sure of that. Based on the details of TTKs ads, they seem very informative and a great deal of thought goes into them. I've never bought from TTK and he may not want me to after this issue but I would trust his description and pictures of his watches. He seems very detail oriented and trustworthy.

I wish we could say the same for other sellers...Like King who advertise 14kt gold. Unless forum member like being lied to.

I also respect Precious Time for going out of his way to post that his bands are real 14kt gold.

What I don't like are those sellers and members selling items that are misrepresented. No agenda here. Was just trying to help.

Next time, I'll keep it to myself and let some other unknowing member spend their hard earned money (whether it's $50 or $2) on misrepresented crap.

Good day fellow RWGs

Well said Neil. After all we are indulging in buying fakes. Most if not all the dealers are honest on this site and give information that they have been told and believe to the best of their knowledge is correct. If you want perfection go buy a real Rolex. But I suspect that you can't afford a real one so accept the limitations of fakes and stop whinging.

B)

Edited by Whatch-A-Doin?