When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hubolt Big Bang Owners Poll

Guest chronomat123

HBB Reliability/Quality Control Survey   

37 members have voted

1. 1. Have you had any issues with your Hublot Big Bang

• Bracelet/case
    • Dial
    • Movement
    • No issues whatsoever. I should get some lotto tickets.
  2. 2. If you DID have issues with your HBB, did your dealer remedy them to your satisfaction?

• I DID NOT have any problems with my watch in the first place.
    • Yes, the cartel sometimes takes care of us.
    • I got hustled. Dealer left me high and dry.

Guest chronomat123

I'm attempting to get a more realistic concept of how just how unreliable (or reliable) this watch is.

Please, only vote if you've actually purchased the Hublot Big Bang replica, so we can keep the results as accurate as possible...

Let the poll begin!

You guys should just do it, if you're wanting the HBB. I've tried voting but I think it got screwed up, but I was lucky enough to buy mine off another member who had already done the QC screening.

I would wait to see if the more secondary dealers end up getting it for cheaper over the course of the next few weeks- and then if you really like it, get it serviced before hand if any of the smaller dealers offer that. I don't believe Ruby has access to that service, for example.

I have a hard time trying to imagine an experienced rep collector feeling disappointed upon unwrapping this watch. It represents a step forward, IMO.

I would be interested in a poll of HBB owners, about whether they feel the price is justified, vs. those that are making inferences about it's value without having seen or held it.

I know that I was part of the second group, up until this week. That being said, I think a lot depends on what you've already got in your collection. Mine wasn't that big when I got the HBB, so it was still very new to me, the idea of a rep that good. As I've said in an earlier post, it felt more like getting a gen. perhaps that's just the cost :lol:

But my guess is that IF you've got a BCE and Steelfish, and you're 'used' to the quality of these new reps, than I would avoid the HBB, as you probably would already have it if it was any type of 'grail' watch for you.... or really held interest. I also think you're less likely to be blown away if you've handled reps like the new breity's.

I'd had most of the best reps of '06, though. uPO, Tag Link Chrono, Ingy, etc...

I have the rosegold version and have had no problems with it at all. In fact I have it on right now. I really do think it's worth the money. This is not a simple watch design. Compared to other watches the case is more complicated and has more parts. And it's a really good looking replica and very accurate. Why shouldn't it cost more? It obviously cost more to rep it and manufacture it. I don't think the price is out of line for what you get. I really like mine.

Guest RiverwindMDS
You guys should just do it, if you're wanting the HBB. I've tried voting but I think it got screwed up, but I was lucky enough to buy mine off another member who had already done the QC screening.

I would wait to see if the more secondary dealers end up getting it for cheaper over the course of the next few weeks- and then if you really like it, get it serviced before hand if any of the smaller dealers offer that. I don't believe Ruby has access to that service, for example.

I have a hard time trying to imagine an experienced rep collector feeling disappointed upon unwrapping this watch. It represents a step forward, IMO.

I would be interested in a poll of HBB owners, about whether they feel the price is justified, vs. those that are making inferences about it's value without having seen or held it.

I know that I was part of the second group, up until this week. That being said, I think a lot depends on what you've already got in your collection. Mine wasn't that big when I got the HBB, so it was still very new to me, the idea of a rep that good. As I've said in an earlier post, it felt more like getting a gen. perhaps that's just the cost :lol:

But my guess is that IF you've got a BCE and Steelfish, and you're 'used' to the quality of these new reps, than I would avoid the HBB, as you probably would already have it if it was any type of 'grail' watch for you.... or really held interest. I also think you're less likely to be blown away if you've handled reps like the new breity's.

I'd had most of the best reps of '06, though. uPO, Tag Link Chrono, Ingy, etc...

The quality of the Hublot, even if it is a much harder to rep watch is much better than the quality of the steelfish superocean. I owned both.

I love my HBB SS! :wub: I know it's a expensive rep but because the $ is low for us europeans it was kinda acceptable. Normally i change my watch everyday, i have more than 15 reps but when I received my HBB I wore it 2 weeks on a row.

Than I lost a screw from the bezel. I was really disapointed, i did not wear my HBB anymore. I wrote a mail to the dealer (Angus) I bought my HBB from and asked him if he could send me a new screw. I took about 6 weeks but then I received 2 new screws. Now my HBB is perfect again and I wear it all the time again. The HBB is one of a kind, it's a greatly build and beautiful rep. I love the AR on this watch. It really looks like a 10K watch. I also have no problems with the Asian 7750 movement. It runs >7 secs a day and the chrono resets perfectly. The HBB is really the favorite rep in my collection.

230914-12108.jpg

No issue at all, only sharp clasp. Apparently if you have bigger wrist (7.5" or up), this should not be an issue.

It's true... HBB is a benchmark in replica history. PAM Ferrari, Breitling SuperOcean Steelfish rep and Chronomat Evo is still one notch below HBB. It looks and feels like genuine watch in $4000 range.

Need another option in the poll, fixed it myself. I had 1 screw that would not come out, and 2 screws that would not grab, plus the stock clasp makes this a very uncomfortable watch. Easy enough fix but was still a pain in the ass. $400 is reasonable for the quality of this rep. I was really waiting for the ceramic but $600 without fixing the dial and clasp is too much.

I still wear my HBB more then anything else (about 4-5 days a week).

Got mine through Angus (Rosegold version) absolutely no issues whatsoever runs perfectly. It is a great watch, if your even slightly attracted to the Big Bang you will not be disapointed. The feel of this watch on the wrist is terrific (even rivals some of the gens in my collection) I highly recommend it.

Edited by MK08

I have the RG BB from Angus. It came with a floating second hand which my jeweler reattached with no problem. This is the most accurate rep. I've ever had after 3 years and 26 reps. It is the only rep. I have currently and rotate with all my gens. It is that good, bar none, as long as you don't show the movement in the display back, you can't be called out if you are of the type to pass it off as gen.

The biggest issue is the screws. Some will not hold onto the threads, and some will not come out. Never try to replace the strap coz those screws on the lug plates are terrible, same problem as just mentioned. I spent $$$$ to buy the gen. HBB screws and try to do the switching but they are simply not the same spec as those on the rep. :(

The biggest issue is the screws. Some will not hold onto the threads, and some will not come out. Never try to replace the strap coz those screws on the lug plates are terrible, same problem as just mentioned. I spent $$$$ to buy the gen. HBB screws and try to do the switching but they are simply not the same spec as those on the rep. :(

Which screws did you buy? Lugs or Bezel

My Ceramic HBB clasp is not comfortable since I have a small wrist. The edges are sharp and it hurts the wrist after daily usage/ Still trying to figure out how i can modify the clasp.... any suggestion from HBB owner?

I think this thread finally sold me on the HBB. I'd really love to see some ceramic pics though.

I jost bought one of these from Andrew, and has been shipped. I worked out a good deal with him, but still kinda pricey. Not so bad cause I used to be a heavy gambler. So $600 isn't that bad when I used to drop that on a hand of BJ. I will post pics and a review when I get it.

I think this thread finally sold me on the HBB. I'd really love to see some ceramic pics though.

I jost bought one of these from Andrew, and has been shipped. I worked out a good deal with him, but still kinda pricey. Not so bad cause I used to be a heavy gambler. So $600 isn't that bad when I used to drop that on a hand of BJ. I will post pics and a review when I get it.

Sounds like more of the same. QC problems galore and a premium price. This is exactly why my replica purchases are restricted to $90 asian 21j pieces these days. I don't care how good this thing looks to HBB owner wannabees, screws falling out and stripping, bracelet problems, the Asian 7750 etc.....$400 is an insane price to pay for a watch of this quality no matter what the fidelity of the reproduction. If you spent just twice as long saving your lunch money as you did saving it for this good looking/dubious quality gem, you could buy a used genuine Speedmaster or an Oris TT1 if you love big metal, and on and on......

Sounds like more of the same. QC problems galore and a premium price. This is exactly why my replica purchases are restricted to $90 asian 21j pieces these days. I don't care how good this thing looks to HBB owner wannabees, screws falling out and stripping, bracelet problems, the Asian 7750 etc.....$400 is an insane price to pay for a watch of this quality no matter what the fidelity of the reproduction. If you spent just twice as long saving your lunch money as you did saving it for this good looking/dubious quality gem, you could buy a used genuine Speedmaster or an Oris TT1 if you love big metal, and on and on......

But then nobody would think you're wearing a Big Bang. I say that with 100% seriousness. Open up any of the annual watch magazines. You can find an inexpensive versions of nearly every non-complicated watch made from--including the Speedmaster and the Oris TT1, by the way--but that's beside the point. IMO smart rep buyers buy reps because they'd like the brand cachet but refuse to pay the 6000% markup on mass produced ETA movements. If you canbuy and mod a rep to reasonable accuracy you get the best of both worlds.

But I do feel ya on the BB rep price tag. That markup is almost as offensive as a gen.

I have a new strategy too--I only buy reps of watches powered by hugely marked-up ETA movements (I may get a BB when the price goes down, but mostly it's Panerai and Muller for me) and save up the dough I'd ordinarily spend on mediocre reps of essentially unreppable or unmoddable watches and buy a couple expenseive, high value gens, which I did to pay for my JLC and Chopard, both of which have unreppable movements.

I guess I figure if I forgo $2500 worth of reps that aren't anywhere near perfect this year and add the cost of a Speedmaster, I can get pick up an AP this december.

Back on topic: From what I hear from various reputable sources, the new Asian 7750 is a lower build quality 1:1 copy of the swiss 7750--and all hands, DW's etc can be swapped one for one.

I just pulled the trigger on a SS Big Bang from Josh today. I handled one at the Darkside GTG in S.f. last month and couldn't get it out of my mind. Just had to have it. Hopefully I will be lucky with the QC at this late date.

Rogerwine