When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Joshua's 5th gen. VS Trusty's 4th gen. PLANET OCEAN

Rolexman

The only things I can see that are any better than the 4th gen are that the clasp is engraved

The 4th gen. has an engraved clasp hasn't it Fuzzy?.. maybe you got the third generation?

Can't wait for Andrew's 6th shipment to come in =)

Edited by Rolexman

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

here is a comparison of andrews chinese one and the 4th po with swiss ,just a quick dial comparison , the number r more correct on the chinese the logo is higher , the 4th po dial has some kind of white small outline around the edge of the numbers at 6,9,12 kind of weird looking if u look at it hard lol , the lume on the 4th is whiter in color than the asian one which has a slightly green tint like C3 lume , the second hands appear to be aobut the same length and the hands as well , im just comparing dials for u so u can see the logo positioning and print ok they r quick pics so i didnt hide shadows and stuff like that ok

22724-1644.jpg

asian one

22724-1645.jpg

4th po from andrew

22724-1646.jpg

asian one

22724-1647.jpg

4th po

22724-1648.jpg

i say the asian is more correct with the bighter whiter tick marks and white lettering above the six and under the 12 oclock , but i think the markers r more accurate sized on the 4th planet ocean and the logo shape and size is more accurate on the 4th , so im in the process of transferring the markers from the fourth to the asian dial and positioning the logo off of the 4th and putting it on the asian in a more accurate gap , the asian font size and numbers at 6,9,and 12 r almost perfect as well and those numbers on the 4th frankly r ugly cause they r thicker and have a white border which is not right either, i have already checkd if the dial would fit the eta and it will with a coupld of modifications(cut the feet and glue it to the gap ring in between the movment and the dial , i will post some stuff in just a minute ,

while im at it does anyone know what color lume it should have on the genuine, i assume white C1 superluminova but im not sure cause some pics i have seen have a slightly greenish tint to it , thanks for any information

The 4th gen. has an engraved clasp hasn't it Fuzzy?.. maybe you got the third generation?

Can't wait for Andrew's 6th shipment to come in =)

Rolexman...that review is someone elses, I just cut and paste it from the other board for everyone to see. I don't have a P.O....YET. :(

• 2 weeks later...

This has all been very interesting. Obviously, all reps do not come from the same place.

I have several from Ms King that do not look like what I have seen pictured here. There is no plastic insert for sure. They measure about 42.5 not counting crown, the hands are longer, and they are actually waterproof.

post-223-1145931735_thumb.jpg

post-223-1145931840_thumb.jpg

Joshua says his are very nice too, but I haven't seen any reviews of them yet. I think I'll buy some and compare to King's side-by-side.

Bill

Rolexman...that review is someone elses, I just cut and paste it from the other board for everyone to see. I don't have a P.O....YET. :(

Wow. i wonder if King has an even newer version w/ correct case--42.5 w/o crown and the He valve position like that means she must.

Is the logo applied or painted?

If it's painted, we anal retentives will have to take the logo off the chines version and put it on that one. is there a way to remove the painted logo w/o removing the paint on the dial.

i say the asian is more correct with the bighter whiter tick marks and white lettering above the six and under the 12 oclock , but i think the markers r more accurate sized on the 4th planet ocean and the logo shape and size is more accurate on the 4th , so im in the process of transferring the markers from the fourth to the asian dial and positioning the logo off of the 4th and putting it on the asian in a more accurate gap , the asian font size and numbers at 6,9,and 12 r almost perfect as well and those numbers on the 4th frankly r ugly cause they r thicker and have a white border which is not right either, i have already checkd if the dial would fit the eta and it will with a coupld of modifications(cut the feet and glue it to the gap ring in between the movment and the dial , i will post some stuff in just a minute ,

while im at it does anyone know what color lume it should have on the genuine, i assume white C1 superluminova but im not sure cause some pics i have seen have a slightly greenish tint to it , thanks for any information

joe, I don't know for sure but the OEM I saw at Tourneau definitely is not C3--much whiter than Panerai. My guess is C1.

I like the idea of mixing and matching pieces onto the Asian dial--the price is definitely right on the asian version. Which date window is more accurately sized? If the Asian is too small it's a tough call--The question is, which is a more visible flaw, the date window size or the markers? I don't want to make that call---but it looks like we're going to have to make it for the time being until version 6 comes out! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
Swiss ETA movement 2824-2

Black Bezel

42.5mm with crown included

Rotatable Bezel

Sapphire Glass

Engraved Case Back - 100% correct

LOOK AT THE LATEST CLASP - Engraved with the 100% correct font of PLANET OCEAN

Curved Bracelet like genuine version

I read somewhere: PO on case back not engraved but etched, plastic movement holder and no Anti-magnetic cover or AR coating (edit: It does have AR coating).

56440-35423.jpg

I already ordered Andrew's because his dial is more accurate in my opinion and I think Joshua's case is too small (40mm)

Any other opinions??

seems to be good

i recently got trustys asian 45 mm and swiss 42mm both in black. the 45mm was about perfect on the dial to my eye....i had a couple slightly askew markers on the 42, but i have sent it to The Zigmeister to relume and will take care of that at same time. the 42mm swiss is a really heavy, nice looking and feeling piece...the pics are a true representation. the 45mm is alot lighter. the 42 mm sits higher above the wrist, the 45 is more streamlined....the 42 has a deeper "dish" or rehaut then the 45.....dont know how that compares to gen though.

on the bracelets the 42 mm swiss is much nicer...rounded, with the rounnded clasp and the PO text. the 45mm had a non rounded bracelet and clasp and is the same 20mm size as the 42, though the big po should have 22 mm bracelet. all in all they are both sweet pieces that are worth getting....my bro who got the 45 mm absolutely loves it...and i am really lovin my 42...just mailed it away yesterday though for some The Zigmeister love.

Edited by cabbage

Wow. i wonder if King has an even newer version w/ correct case--42.5 w/o crown and the He valve position like that means she must.

Is the logo applied or painted?

If it's painted, we anal retentives will have to take the logo off the chines version and put it on that one. is there a way to remove the painted logo w/o removing the paint on the dial.

The logo is applied and it is a beautiful ETA movement with no plastic spacer. Her watch is outstanding . . . I only bought five.

Bill

The logo is applied and it is a beautiful ETA movement with no plastic spacer. Her watch is outstanding . . . I only bought five.

Bill

Guys...King and Precious Time sell the same PO model.

There are a lot of Precious time PO pics.

I ordered a 45 mm Asian from Trusty.

I all have to do is sit down and wait..

The wait is killing me! You know what I mean? :p

I know what you mean, of course.

I'm waiting for a watch from customs and i'm also a little worried :g: