When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex hologram question.

kasigi

I'm interested as to whether people tend to remove the rolex hologram from their watches?

Might seem a dumb, n00b question but I reckon that the owners of the genuine article would normally remove them and keep them with (maybe stick them on?) their original paperwork. I may be making this up as I go along, but it seems the logical thing to do.

Don't start me on TRLs!

It's difficult to remove the original sticker on a genuine watch and keeping it intact. I would think only re-sellers keep the sticker on the back, everyone else (unless they are lazy) probably remove it. There is a case for the gunk on the sticker causing pitting on the case back of a genuine or a rep.

I take them off and stick them on my business cards when I pass them out to women.

"Oh, I don't know how that got on there? Too many to keep track of I guess." :cool2:

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Okay, Chronus...

You have got to tell me what the hell that means!?!?

Is it good? Is it bad? Is it really Pee?

It's a Greek Cypriot thing. And it is pronounced like "Peeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrr" but without the "R" sound.

It's said when there is a silly comment such as,

"I had 500 women eyeing me up wanting to screw me today"

Then you say,

"Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

It's a Greek Cypriot thing. And it is pronounced like "Peeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrr" but without the "R" sound.

It's said when there is a silly comment such as,

"I had 500 women eyeing me up wanting to screw me today"

Then you say,

"Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

thats kinda weird Chronus.

"Peeeeeeee" with the extended "e"s in chinese means "fart" which also is used when someone is bullshitting and boasting, so you go "Peeeee"

glad the mediterraneans and the eastern people at least share the same phonetics with that meaning...hahahah

B)

Ok well, here's my two cents,

I keep them on my replicas because I like how they look on there. I know a guy with a gen that was made before holograms and he wears his datejust every day with the original sticker on back, the numbers wore off but you can see where they were.

There are variants of hologram stickers out there (maybe even on gens, as I was at one dealer and the hologram on the back of his white dial turn-o-graph had a lot of depth, whereas the next dealer I went to the same day had a blue face turn-o-graph with less depth and looked exactly the same as the hologram that comes on a replica from Andrew or King) But replicas have different looking holograms, many even have replicas of the hologram which aren't hologram at all and look pretty terrible.

I heard that if you keep the sticker on the back, the back of the case will pit. I'm not sure if that is true or not, but I just clean off the back of my watch with a cloth every time I'm going to let it sit for several days. I figure that's fine enough, plus I may be able to buy a new caseback for a rep anyhow if I need one. Then again, as a guy at work said, if something goes wrong with the watch it was only ~$200 just throw it away and get a new one.

Gens appear to come with an extra sticker on top of the hologram, which is advertised by sellers on ebay to help protect the hologram. So I assume there are also people out there that wear the watch with the hologram and a transparent sticker on top of that. It could help keep the number from fading and other problems, but I think you may get dirt under it too. I thought about getting one of those, but even $5 is too much money for a transparent piece of plastic. I guess it just depends on how into rlx watches you are. There's a parts dealer on this board somewhere that sells those. I guess they might be gen, they have a red stripe on them. I haven't ever seen a rep come with this.

Oh I kept my transparent blue sticker on my seiko and have seen that usually people take that off too. But I feel that it preserves the finish on the back of the watch as well as protects it from getting scraped by the clasp (which annoys the hell out of me on watches). One way to avoid this is to wrap your watch around a foam or small pillow, then you shouldn't really have a problem with the clasp scratching the back of the case.

Hi Chronus,

How about that Marcos Bhagdatis, are you guys really happy to have a national tennis hero? looking back at the Australian open, he was a breath of fresh air, kind of reminds me of good ol' Guga Kuerten. Just thought I mention it.

Hi Chronus,

How about that Marcos Bhagdatis, are you guys really happy to have a national tennis hero? looking back at the Australian open, he was a breath of fresh air, kind of reminds me of good ol' Guga Kuerten. Just thought I mention it.

I'm not actually Cypriot myself, but grew up around a lot. It was great for tennis as Federer has been dominating too much with little to stop him... in any event Federer won yet again. What was funny is one Greek Cypriot is a very big Federer fan and when asked who he wanted to win, (and really he wanted Federer), he said whoever won, then he won... a cop out. If you ever met the guy you'd understand why. :o

Thanks Chronus; I'm no longer totally perplexed!

The other one is "Ooooooooooou" - like a sudden stop to the Oooooooooh if that makes sense. Used when a pretty girl is seen :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Always brings a smile to my face, and a girl is more likely to talk to someone smiling than scowling!

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....

;)

I keep them on my replicas because I like how they look on there. I know a guy with a gen that was made before holograms and he wears his datejust every day with the original sticker on back, the numbers wore off but you can see where they were.

There are variants of hologram stickers out there (maybe even on gens, as I was at one dealer and the hologram on the back of his white dial turn-o-graph had a lot of depth, whereas the next dealer I went to the same day had a blue face turn-o-graph with less depth and looked exactly the same as the hologram that comes on a replica from Andrew or King) But replicas have different looking holograms, many even have replicas of the hologram which aren't hologram at all and look pretty terrible.

I heard that if you keep the sticker on the back, the back of the case will pit. I'm not sure if that is true or not, but I just clean off the back of my watch with a cloth every time I'm going to let it sit for several days. I figure that's fine enough, plus I may be able to buy a new caseback for a rep anyhow if I need one. Then again, as a guy at work said, if something goes wrong with the watch it was only ~$200 just throw it away and get a new one.

Gens appear to come with an extra sticker on top of the hologram, which is advertised by sellers on ebay to help protect the hologram. So I assume there are also people out there that wear the watch with the hologram and a transparent sticker on top of that. It could help keep the number from fading and other problems, but I think you may get dirt under it too. I thought about getting one of those, but even $5 is too much money for a transparent piece of plastic. I guess it just depends on how into rlx watches you are. There's a parts dealer on this board somewhere that sells those. I guess they might be gen, they have a red stripe on them. I haven't ever seen a rep come with this.

Oh I kept my transparent blue sticker on my seiko and have seen that usually people take that off too. But I feel that it preserves the finish on the back of the watch as well as protects it from getting scraped by the clasp (which annoys the hell out of me on watches). One way to avoid this is to wrap your watch around a foam or small pillow, then you shouldn't really have a problem with the clasp scratching the back of the case.

Some reps come with the clear plastic as well. luckyyy's MBW did, and so did a Yacht Master from Precious Time. The numbers are on top of the clear plastic sticker I think and rub off after a few wearings. Two GMT PAMs from Eddie Lee also had the infamous thin red line, but this rubbed off pretty quickly when worn.

I gotta say I've left the clear plastic sticker on the back of the PAMs (in part due to a metal allergy when it's hot).

• 3 months later...

Where would one get one of these silly little hologram boogers?