When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone talked to Joe Lately!

pennies

Ok I read Pho's last post only and not the entire thread.

But what he says made me post this: I almost thought Joe was a super mod guy before I read more about him !

This guy sounds FAMOUS and SUPER.

Now, I won't judge him of course as I don't even know who he is and never dealt with him.

Having said that, after a while, I read as much very bad posts as posts like "Hey where is Joe, he is so good in blabla and I want only him to do this job for me"...

I didn't know that people were waiting for their watches by the way.

So, as I don't know the Joe Guy but know Pho and trust Pho, I really feel I must say one thing to noobs like me: read, read, read, and do never assume !!!

That is my perception as a noob !

My 2

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All these posts are realy scary :thumbdown:

As for my experience...before some time i asked with a thread for a tool..and there was no help from none of the members(exept Randy!)Joe was the only who helped!By him self!He soled me the tool in a very good price and the delivery was super fast.....but after all these...what can i say???Its realy sad for a member to send a watch for mods and never recieve it back!

I talked to him on the phone a couple times, I really think either

a) His act is a ruse and he is a "used car salesman" and really good at suckering people

or

B Nice guy, just not so good at running a business with lots of things coming in and out, lots of emails, lots of little details, and no flow control, records (?). Stuff gets lost, delayed, who knows?

I have seen some work by him that looks good and some that didn't look too good.

The $40 dial bl0w j0bs are IMHO complete rubbish though.

You didn't get the $25 or $35 "handling" fee? (I forget which)

he tried, i just said NO

it would be funny how this all pops up so regularly, if it was not so sad. this is probably why he spent so much time on the dark side. fresh (and ignorant of his history) meat :rolleyes:

he has also massively screwed over a couple of the very large and very well known dealers. had watches shipped direct to himself for customers. then screwed them up in his attempts at modding then blamed the dealer and threated to tell the customer unless he got replacement parts for those he had damaged.

all anyone has to do his read his post where some poor fool let him work on a gen rolex movement and he basically said "i know what all these little doohickeys and doodads do but i don't know the names and i don't need to" :bangin:

then compare that to The Zigmeister's movement reviews...

I talked to him on the phone a couple times, I really think either

a) His act is a ruse and he is a "used car salesman" and really good at suckering people

or

B Nice guy, just not so good at running a business with lots of things coming in and out, lots of emails, lots of little details, and no flow control, records (?). Stuff gets lost, delayed, who knows?

I have seen some work by him that looks good and some that didn't look too good.

The $40 dial bl0w j0bs are IMHO complete rubbish though.

I used to talk to him all the time. Spent hours trying to teach him to use photoshop - OVER THE PHONE

very plesent guy to talk to.

I think he is both a used car salesman AND a bad businessman - and probably has some personal problems

i emailed him last week and he replied back that he is on breathing tubes or something he sounded like he was dying

lol

and then in his email he said i will try to finish some work on your watch this week and ship it out, and in his previous email he said your watch is done

lol

then i sent him an email saying and i requoted his email that my watch is done, i asked him cant y ou ship it since its done, what else do you need to work on it

i sent him my PO 45mm and $160 to do some moding on it

and its been with him for 2 months, and before i sent it he said it will take only 1 week to get it done, since what i requested wont take too long to fix

and yet im out of 160bux and out of my watch.

Anyone wants to take a legal action against him, i mean we know his name phone number and address

we can definatly do something

i emailed him last week and he replied back that he is on breathing tubes or something he sounded like he was dying

lol

and then in his email he said i will try to finish some work on your watch this week and ship it out, and in his previous email he said your watch is done

lol

then i sent him an email saying and i requoted his email that my watch is done, i asked him cant y ou ship it since its done, what else do you need to work on it

i sent him my PO 45mm and $160 to do some moding on it

and its been with him for 2 months, and before i sent it he said it will take only 1 week to get it done, since what i requested wont take too long to fix

and yet im out of 160bux and out of my watch.

Anyone wants to take a legal action against him, i mean we know his name phone number and address

we can definatly do something

Go up and read his letter on his situation on the Darkside forum. He explains it all. Yes I know that it is a drag and lots of us have watches with him at the moment. Hell I have at least 8 MBW's with him now. I have been out of the rep deal for months and am trying to close up all the loose ends and it is impossible. Right now I cant sell or even give away the damn things as it is.

Dont know if I will ever see the end of the problem--am starting not to care. As for doing something legal, good luck. This is a ghost hobby at best. No one really cares. John.

This is why I posted my Sub in the rolex forum.

I purchased what was supposed to have $450.00 worth of mods done to it.

When I received the watch, one of the movement clamps was gone. He just forgot to put it back in! When the previous owner contacted him to tell him that the watch was no long winding, he told him that "the stem prolly wasn't engaging, easy fix"

Smells bad to me

Folks :cc_confused:

There have been many posts of warnings and bad experiences.

I know I am sick of:

1. Trying to read his illedgible posts

2. Posts about broken promises

3. Reports of bad mod work

4. His posts everytime he is sick

5. His posts everytime he goes away

6. His posts everytime he returns

Time to heed the many warnings :nopity:

to all u guys that seem to like to jump on me when im sick , do a search i have informed in open forum as i always do right here , so either u cant read or either u r just plain and simple an [censored] , as for pennies and other concerned customers please simply read the thread i posted below last week when i got better and either wait a bit longer and or i can simply send it back , no worries

as for bob , your two tone i have asked u over and over again with no reply, check your pms about a year ago, and about six months ago. u have my number call me , your two tone was experimental and u got married and would every 4 to 6 months ask me simply what should we do , then i would reply and u would wait again 4 to 6 months to reply, so whats a man to do ? u ask me for fast response then i give it , then i have to wait for your long response, so now u complain, lmao u beat all man , lol all u have to do is contact me

at least im famous enough to give u something to talk about, but please speak the truth, still no one has been hung out to dry by me, yes delays but no losses for anyone

http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21965

joe (rbj69)

at least im famous enough to give u something to talk about, but please speak the truth, still no one has been hung out to dry by me, yes delays but no losses for anyone

Why don't you keep a list of people whose watch you're working on? That way, you can send out a mass email (or have a friend do it) to everyone waiting. People here are amazingly forgiving if they're kept informed.

Joe: Please respond to my email. Situation closing in fast. Need to end this rep rubbish fast. John.

Hi, i emailed u for your info. and still no response, just waiting for u my friend

joe

good news

i just talked to joe, and we cleared things up and he is feeling better, and i forgot to mention that i also had issue with my watch it didn't have eta movement and i had to deal with the dealer and joe spotted the movement, and joe has to hold it till i make a descion with the dealer, and it took a week

so technically joe had the watch for like a months and few weeks.

and he is shipping my watch out tomorrow. :)

Why don't you keep a list of people whose watch you're working on? That way, you can send out a mass email (or have a friend do it) to everyone waiting. People here are amazingly forgiving if they're kept informed.

i like your suggestion but it will not work cause i get so many different questions, believe it or not i dont get many questions about time on there watches more so they consist of can we do this or that to my watch while u have it type questions, since i was sick for a couple weeks i only had maybe 4 people actually ask me about there watch time wise the rest were questions about adding something else to there watch

thanks for the suggestion ,

joe

good news

i just talked to joe, and we cleared things up and he is feeling better, and i forgot to mention that i also had issue with my watch it didn't have eta movement and i had to deal with the dealer and joe spotted the movement, and joe has to hold it till i make a descion with the dealer, and it took a week

so technically joe had the watch for like a months and few weeks.

and he is shipping my watch out tomorrow. :)

glad we talked , the true mistake here was that u thought u sent me a email in between the 18th and now and got no response , but we figured it out that i got no email since the 18th from u , and i assume u thought u sent one and got no response , again like i have always said , if u dont get a response to your email after a few days please resend them , cause like this example i just may have never gotten one , im usually pretty thorough about emails

thanks for speaking up and im glad now u r not worried anymore, please all others worried do the same thing as hansan and send me a email , if u have a question, and if no response in a few days resend it , i promise as long as i get one i will answer u

joe

Hi, i emailed u for your info. and still no response, just waiting for u my friend

joe

For the record Im pulling out of the rep thing because Im just plain burned out on it--it has nothing to do with Joe. He has in the past been great to deal with and the work was good. Would use him agian if interested. John.