When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone talked to Joe Lately!

pennies

Joe,

Do you have any sort of work management system? You once said you had over 100 watches in your shop.

Do you have the following information centrally located?

a) Customer name & email

B) Watches you have of that customer

c) What work is to be done on those watches

d) Price paid

e) when watch received

f) if/when work completed

g) if/when watch shipped back.

Just curious; I did a simple database with a few tables that would do this with just a few hours work back when I was a comp sci major. It would really improve your work flow and would allow you to generate a list of whose watches you have very quickly.

It could be done with two tables. Any hot shot kid could probably churn this out for you with a cool web interface in less than a day. Pug could probably do it in 5 minutes in his sleep with one hand behind his back. ;) right pug?

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks :cc_confused:

There have been many posts of warnings and bad experiences.

I know I am sick of:

1. Trying to read his illedgible posts

2. Posts about broken promises

3. Reports of bad mod work

4. His posts everytime he is sick

5. His posts everytime he goes away

6. His posts everytime he returns

Time to heed the many warnings :nopity:

still trying to read "illedgible", lmao same old antics huh?

joe

kudos for responding to this thread rbj :victory:

thanks but i didnt know it existed till today , lol its funny how things get twisted over here only , but no where else :whistling:

joe

Joe its good to see you reply to concerns! Some other members choose to ignore posts that speak of problems that members are having with delivery of items that have been paid for some many months ago. Good on you for stepping up and posting a reply.

yeah i get bashed when im genuinely sick and always make good on everything, and usually in a very timely fashion, but some others r not even sick and have taken over a year on promises made and then recharge them and still they r the best thing in the world, lmao

joe

Joe was never a Moderator at TRC. He might have been at RWI as I think he was the 2nd registered member there

u r correct my old friend and i was made a mod at RWI the first day and i declined , nothing more nothing less

joe

Glad to see you are feeling better Joe. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

These "jump on Joe" threads always make me a little sick :thumbdown:

My experiences with Joe have always been first rate -- I don't doubt that issues arise at times and people get frustrated -- these are not things unique to Joe. RBJ isn't the watchsmith at our local AD afterall -- he is a hobbyist like the rest of us who has the interest/skills/desire/equipment/etc to work on our items that in all honesty may be fun but are still not exactly "above board" products.

We can expect service like we get from our local AD's from the seller's and others (like Joe) on the board -- but in reality we will likely be dissappointed. :black_eye: I had a genuine in for service for months with little to no communication -- and that was a $5k item in to a top manufacturer's official service center -- seems like maybe we go a little overboard in both our expectations and accusations here sometimes -- just IMHO :whistling:

Glad to see you are feeling better Joe. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

These "jump on Joe" threads always make me a little sick :thumbdown:

My experiences with Joe have always been first rate -- I don't doubt that issues arise at times and people get frustrated -- these are not things unique to Joe. RBJ isn't the watchsmith at our local AD afterall -- he is a hobbyist like the rest of us who has the interest/skills/desire/equipment/etc to work on our items that in all honesty may be fun but are still not exactly "above board" products.

We can expect service like we get from our local AD's from the seller's and others (like Joe) on the board -- but in reality we will likely be dissappointed. :black_eye: I had a genuine in for service for months with little to no communication -- and that was a $5k item in to a top manufacturer's official service center -- seems like maybe we go a little overboard in both our expectations and accusations here sometimes -- just IMHO :whistling:

thanks AZ and i would like to add seriously i hate like hek to get sick , because i get to look foward to the same trolls on this site kicking me , funny thing is, this is the only site it is allowed on , wonder why? , and usually the mouth comes from the same little trolls

joe

It could be done with two tables. Any hot shot kid could probably churn this out for you with a cool web interface in less than a day. Pug could probably do it in 5 minutes in his sleep with one hand behind his back. ;) right pug?

Yup, it's the simplest kind of web app. Chuck it on a LAMP server and you can have customers see where their watches are in the queue. You can manage expectations as well as your work that way.

The Unity in this forum,.. needs serious work...

What some of you are demonstrating the selfish attitude of...

'As long as I don't get burned,.. then f*ck anyone else..."

We see the same when it came to Edge's revelations about the

dealers who sold as eta,.. cheap Chinese movements..

When some members now post their little 'reviews' with prefaces that

totally ignore the thievery aspects while speaking only about the price fixing, if that..

Regarding Joe's return times.... which if you do your research is the

only the tip of the iceberg...

Who would say two years .is 'late'? .. If that is the case.. lend me a watch for two years,..

I'll send it back .. promise,.. as long as you pay postage both ways and then a

fee for looking at it..

Even it were a year,.. how about 9 months...? Does that make it better...?

Does his personal health make a difference..?

I also wonder how many of those that posted positive, currently have watches

at his workshop...? :g:

Not sure about the two year story? I would think that this would have come out long ago, I know that I would not wait two years to post. As far as a "handling fee" I can only say that no mention of one was told to me by Joe. Yes, I have watches in his shop and will receive them shortly. I wonder if anyone will really get to the bottom of these negative posts?? How many members are speaking not for themselves but for others without a clear thought to the real problems.

Look, 1 problem - maybe 2 problems maybe but when litterally dozens of people over a long period of time say the same thing over and over.

Its time to put this guy out to pasture. he charged me a handling fee. he ripped me off of at least 200$ Straight up. Scammed me out of 200$ by pretending not to notice that the day wheel on my watch was half covered up. you could only see half of the word wednesday.

And, instead of saying - oh this is messed up lets get another one or whatever, he went on did work, charged me for it. The dude is a scammer. Maybe he is only a mild scammer. maybe he isn't evil. maybe he has done a good job here and there. but people are getting taken. Over and over

his "works" package is BS, he doesn't do rubbish to the watches that is worth what is being paid. If you want to deal with him. go tell the world on RWI how wonderful he is - i'm sick of RWG members getting caught up in the rubbish. thats all i got to say cause i'm repeating myself.

Not sure about the two year story? I would think that this would have come out long ago, I know that I would not wait two years to post. As far as a "handling fee" I can only say that no mention of one was told to me by Joe. Yes, I have watches in his shop and will receive them shortly. I wonder if anyone will really get to the bottom of these negative posts?? How many members are speaking not for themselves but for others without a clear thought to the real problems.
This is a recurring drama,. that, it seems thanks to some of you posting in this thread, will only understand

years from now, when you have seen a few more episodes....

Too bad that some can only learn from personal experience...and don't give a care about the community as a whole..

Look, 1 problem - maybe 2 problems maybe but when litterally dozens of people over a long period of time say the same thing over and over.

Its time to put this guy out to pasture. he charged me a handling fee. he ripped me off of at least 200$ Straight up. Scammed me out of 200$ by pretending not to notice that the day wheel on my watch was half covered up. you could only see half of the word wednesday.

And, instead of saying - oh this is messed up lets get another one or whatever, he went on did work, charged me for it. The dude is a scammer. Maybe he is only a mild scammer. maybe he isn't evil. maybe he has done a good job here and there. but people are getting taken. Over and over

his "works" package is BS, he doesn't do rubbish to the watches that is worth what is being paid. If you want to deal with him. go tell the world on RWI how wonderful he is - i'm sick of RWG members getting caught up in the rubbish. thats all i got to say cause i'm repeating myself.

show the proof u r a liar as usual, show your proof big mouth is all i can say(and please make sure it is dated when i did the work , man u beat all, if this was true then why is it only the same old trolls ? if i did this to the hundreds i have done work for then why wouldnt i be banned, cause it is not true is why , funny thing is there r some that hasnt delivered for over a year now on promises and they dont get the mouth i get , lmao, just stick with your own watchsmith and leave me alone , i have done u nor anyone any wrong , if i have show the proof please , hek if i was done like u said then i would show pics of all these misfortunes and the emails and postal charges, u r blowing hot air big man

and [censored] tracey show your proof , if u dont know the facts then keep your mouth shut, i never promised how long it will take on special projects and that is that , u can always have your watch returned , on normal mods 2years is extreme but on a project that details searching and learning as i go it can take forever, if u dont like that then dont send it period and or just have me send it back to u and that will be fine as well

now im done explaining, cause i should not have to explain anything, i do the best work possible and still do and usually in a timely fashion (unless i get sick for a couple weeks then your turnaround time will be within 30 days depending on the work being performed) (some i have to source parts or send off to be pvd coated or wait for a datewheel that is being redone by finepics and etc. this takes time as well ) and if u dont think so then send it to someone else,cause i would rather not work with a rushy person , i do good work and honest work but i do not do rushy work and i guarantee my work and if this not good enough, send it somewhere else please (i am human and i do get sick from time to time and if that is not ok please send it to someone else period, its not a hard decision to make , u dont see me begging to work for u , do u ? ) and for the normal minded people and people i have done work for dont worry all is ok and as usual the thread has been let go and we all know why

joe

@phoband-I do not know the details of your transaction with Joe. Had you posted a thread? If so I am sure some members would like to read about it.

@Richard Tracy-Again I speak from MY personal dealing with him and they have been flawless. What dealing have you had with him? I have been a member on this forum for nearly as long as you and while I may not post as often I tend to read most threads.

This is a recurring drama,. that, it seems thanks to some of you posting in this thread, will only understand

years from now, when you have seen a few more episodes....

Too bad that some can only learn from personal experience...and don't give a care about the community as a whole..

@RT, who/what exactly are you referring to? i went back through the thread to find people who have posted 'positively' about rbj (as opposed to voicing concerns, etc), and really the only ones i could find are azmindreader and denisegold (who could be rbj's new wife for all we know)...

if you're referring to people who are still giving rbj a chance (ie. sending him work to be done; myself being one of those people), i fail to see how the fact that i sent my 111h to rbj for pvd coating means i 'don't give a care about the community as a whole.' actually, if you look back at my posts, my intention is to write a review with pictures of the pvd coating from rbj's pvd company for comparison purposes for the benefit of the forum -- there have been lots of posts lately asking about the various pvd coating options...

a little confused...

deltatahoe

richard,

i think it should be a simple 50/50 poll... if more than 50% of those polled for some reasonable timeframe (say, 10 days) indicate they consider a "mod artist's" skills to be worth less than the money (and hassle) paid, the mod-artiste gets knocked off the forums. I have not had any work done by Joe... but that is simply because his prices & services did not seem to be a good value and others who had a good reputation could do the work for what I considered a fair price. FWIW