When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ladies REP

diggs

After a great deal of research and some help from some of the SUB gurus I'm going to order a Noob ETA Sub from Andrew for myself and am looking for something for my wife. I was thinking of a Datejust, but not sure she wouldn't prefer quartz and not have to deal with setting the watch. She has a Gen TAG quartz. Looking for something sporty as I got a dressy Cartier for her on my last order. Also if I did go with the Datejust how does the gold hold up on the TT and what is wrapped gold?

Trust me on this. I have looked for myself for quite awhile. The DJ reps are wrong! If you want something thats nice and is almost correct purchase her a Chanel J12. I have one and its great. One of the best ladies reps out right now. The only other one that springs to mind is PP twenty-4.

Hope it helps.

D

I have been looking at getting a white J12 for my wife -- anybody have any insights into which version is the best? (value for quality) -- There seem to be several different versions with a large price difference. :blink:

BTW -- I got my wife one of River's RLX masterpieces almost two years ago -- It has been an excellent everyday watch for her :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I don't mind the PP 24, but the fakerino diamonds kill it for me.

The J12 is ok, but it is sorta dated IMHO.

It would be nice if there were some more classic "timeless" lady reps that are not just fashionable fads.

Anyhow, just my opinon.

Cheers

Thanks for all the input. The more I think about it, my wife would not be into the automatic thing and would grab the watch where the time was correct, so I think I will stick with quartz. The J12's are nice, but I don't think she would go for the black or white.

I stopped at an AD this afternoon which carries Omega and Tag I really didn't care for the constellation but did like TAG Aquaracer with the diamond bezel. It looks a lot better in person than on thier website. I was goining to post a link to one on Andrew's site, but due to recent events I didn't know if that was cool to do.

As an aside could someone tell me how to post a link that displays an underlined word that is in fact a link. I'm a mac user if that matters.

to be honest,

Many of the Ladies TAG heuer models are relatively cheap. You can nice used on ebay for around the 200-300 mark. You just need to take it to a jeweller to have it polished and it will look almost new.

Otherwise, just buy a new one from ebay for around the $400-500. Although i'm far from being married, I think getting your significant other a genuine is preferable.

=)

to be honest,

Many of the Ladies TAG heuer models are relatively cheap. You can nice used on ebay for around the 200-300 mark. You just need to take it to a jeweller to have it polished and it will look almost new.

Otherwise, just buy a new one from ebay for around the $400-500. Although i'm far from being married, I think getting your significant other a genuine is preferable.

=)

I agree, you're better off getting your wife a gen Tag which doesn't run for much. I was looking for a rep for my girlfriend a few months back and could not find anything accurate besides the J12 and the PP twenty 4.

Saw ladies YM mentioned. However, I bought my wife one from one of the popular dealers and was disappointed that the "Rolisium" dial is awful. The real SS version of this watch only comes with the platinum dial and their copy of this dial is not near accurate as it is more of a tannish hue and why they cant replicate the more silver color of the pltinum is beyond me.

If anyone is aware of a SS ladies yachtmaster with the correct dial, let me know.

I should ask. Is there any source of more accurate ladies dials for these???

Trust me on this. I have looked for myself for quite awhile. The DJ reps are wrong! If you want something thats nice and is almost correct purchase her a Chanel J12. I have one and its great. One of the best ladies reps out right now. The only other one that springs to mind is PP twenty-4.

Hope it helps.

D

+1 Good advice :victory:

All rol-x reps for ladies are WRONG! The date font is soooo wrong. The VC looks ice but again it should be a quartz movement not auto, another problem. If your wife can pull off a PP then there you go. In my mind it would be either J12, PP or a Cartier. Of course a genuine TAG or something along those lines is nice. Sometimes shopnbc or bernardwatch.com has some nice models at great prices.

http://bernardwatch.com/ByPrice/400

D

I was faced with a similar delima a while back, and took the recommendation of several members and went with the J12. You can get it with or without shiney things, and my niece really likes it ...

I almost went with a classy looking ralex rep, but it just wouldn't "fit" an 18 year old kid ...

Happy shopping!

Edited by yepme