When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Repaired Rollie "Singer" dial Re-Lume...tried to fix the bad lume job...

Hi Rob,

congrats! That's another nice work. I am still loving my white printed 1680 you re-lumed for me a couple of days ago. Especially the vintage tritium coulored raised markers are that nice!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim: And of course: The pannie "bratwurst" style markers :D are incredible, too!

All the best

Frank

Edited by shultz

Great job Rob but one question, how did you fix where the lume had been smeared over the dial around the 12 o'clock marker?

Ken

Ahh I don't like quoting myself but..............

Got it yesterday. Looks fantastic. The "smudge" is gone and the dial looks fabulous. :) What you can't see from Ziggy's picture is that he has managed to achieve the beautiful rose mixed with creme look of true 30 year old tritium dials. I will leave the pictures to Ziggy though. He is better at it then I and I just busted my camera.:lol:

Is it normal for the pearl not to be glowing?

I have a couple of OEM vintage inserts (circa 1980s an early 90s) & the pearls no longer glow on these. The tritium markers of vintage dials have lost their glow by now as well . A new OEM pearl will cerainly have a nice lume to it.

Jet

@tribal

Glad to hear this from you, as kruzer said, I have a few of his here for work and this one was one of many that I was working on... Keep practicing, it takes a lot of practice to get it right...

As requested, here are pics of the cased watch, light, and dark...

30831-40516.jpg

30831-40517.jpg

RG

I'm blind! J/K :lol:

Great job The Zigmeister! :thumbsupsmileyanim: