When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Soliciting Opinions

TeeJay

For those situations where you're not trying to look totally flash and smart, but have to look 'presentable', what would be the best watch/combination (ie watch and ss/leather/NATO etc)

Thanks in advance :)

Thanks for the responses. I've just had a quick idea and knocked it up on photoshop... Would this fit people's idea of 'Smart/Casual'? If people saw someone in jeans and a button down shirt (or even a polo shirt) with casual shoes, would this be considered an appropriate watch?

246091-8538.jpg

Thanks again for the suggestions :) Another criteria I should've mentioned, was it can't look 'too expensive', which was one reason I thought of the X-33 (because everyone knows digital watches are cheap :D ) What do people think of the concept I mocked up? Would that be passable?

Thanks again for the continued suggestions :) I'm seeing a lot of suggestions for the SMP, and that's something I have on order, however, I think it might still look a bit too expensive for what I had in mind... Any comments at all on the X-33? How do people think it looks mocked up on the leather strap? Would it look better on the double-ridged rubber deployant strap? I've decided to definitely get one, but wasn't too keen on the stock bracelet... When I was younger, I wanted to be an astronaut (didn't actually wind up being one :black_eye: ) so an astronaut's watch would certainly be a fitting tribute to that dream...

246354-8472.jpg

Thanks for the responses. I've just had a quick idea and knocked it up on photoshop... Would this fit people's idea of 'Smart/Casual'? If people saw someone in jeans and a button down shirt (or even a polo shirt) with casual shoes, would this be considered an appropriate watch?

246487-8446.jpg

I am in fact a fan of the X-33, but not on that strap.. It looks too cheap. The stock Ti-bracelet is not as well made as on other Omegas, but it fits well with the style of the watch.

Other nice choices for smart/casual is the regular Tag Heuers.. Link or Link GMT, they would be considered a bit cheaper than the Seamaster Pro.

246487-8447.jpg

246487-8448.jpg

I am in fact a fan of the X-33, but not on that strap.. It looks too cheap. The stock Ti-bracelet is not as well made as on other Omegas, but it fits well with the style of the watch.

Other nice choices for smart/casual is the regular Tag Heuers.. Link or Link GMT, they would be considered a bit cheaper than the Seamaster Pro.

246555-8428.jpg

246555-8429.jpg

Indeed, the strap I fabricated onto the X-33 is a cheap one. The watch it comes on is only

It depends on your style, but 'representable' to me means no SS bracelet. In situations like that I would go for a PAM111 or 183. Maybe the BCE or IWC Pilot/Spitfire on croq.

edit: but for the look of a video store clerk I would go for a nice gen quartz Seiko or Tissot. All the reps we have on this forum look all a bit expensive..:)