When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen PAM Crowns - No More Requests Being Accepted

Watchmeister

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be interested in a couple. However I have the following concern... I've already shaved my CG levers for Palp crowns and with the recess being deeper on the gen crown, I suspect that my shaved levers will now be too short to make contact with the crown. I'd suspect many people are in this boat.

Yes you are right. they are much more recessed than the palps.. the existing levers will be useless.

Oh yea, here we go again...Kruzer comes up with a project, and I get to do the leg work and testing - again - why does this seem familiar? :lol:

I guess I know what I will be doing this weekend, testing a crown in a manual wind case...

If the crowns are only 0.90mm stem sizes, then I have adapters I can use to mate the 6497 1.20mm stem to the 0.90mm crown.

I'll let you know how it goes and if it fits.

RG

You need to stop posting and get back to work ;)

thanks for checking this out, Mr.Z

Rob .....think we would all be fooked without your "know how" and "can do"..........big up yerself...:-)

Warren ....I have 2 x SS of said OEM crowns to go to Rob to fit to Manuals.......reassured there is a stem extension to fit.

Having tried on Jimmy cases / tubes - it looks like some ziggyification is required to get these to fit properly.....this may have already been posted about last week?

Forgive my ignorance but I can't think of a PVD auto of the top of my head .....could these be be manual ????

If these come in at $70 or so then there really is no contest versus new Palp crowns available @

Valid point on the crown lever being already shortened on those that have the Palp or Lello crown installed...

The only option would be to replace the CG, not a cheap or viable option, or maybe cut the CG feet down to bring the CG closer to the case and crown, but maybe there would not be enough room left for the crown to work properly...

This could be a show stopper for some folks....

I will try and get this done over the weekend, on a 196 (7750 and 7753) as well as a handwind, and let you know the results.

My associate is out of the country until June, so I am solo on everything, including the emails, so bear with me please...

RG

The question I have for Ziggy is can you usually use the lever from one CG i (say on a cheap 21j) in another? Actually I was always curious whether the lever from a standard rep cg would fit in a Jimmy as at some point Jimmy was selling his remaining CG parts.

Anyhow, needless to say big thanks to Ziggy for trying this. We will see what fits and what demand is. And on Palp's crowns everyone please honor their orders. I just honored mine. This one came out of the blue and it was too good not to at least give it a try. :)

The question I have for Rob is can you usually use the lever from one CG in another? Actually I was always curious whether the lever form a standard rep cg would fit in a Jimmy as at some point Jimmy was selling his remaining CG parts.

Warren you cannot have an answer to this question.. Unless you agree with Paul's moto: 'All Reps Are Same' :p

It depends on the cg.. It has worked to some cgs and it hasn't to others...

Warren you cannot have an answer to this question.. Unless you agree with Paul's moto: 'All Reps Are Same' :p

It depends on the cg.. It has worked to some cgs and it hasn't to others...

Good point. In which case people may be faced with either not doing it or switching the whole crown guard.

In terms of process here is what I have in mind. Once we know whether these work with 6497's and we don't know that yet I will start another loop asking for folks to sign up. That will have a big impact on count. I will then go back to the seller and get the final price based on the count. Once I know that I will post it and people will have a few day window to make payment. I will provide a Paypal account if this moves forward as these are legitimate items and there are no worries. If you do not have access to a paypal account please contact one of your friends on the forum who does. I do not want to deal with money orders or other stuff. Sorry.

As I have continually said, I make no guarantees whether this will fit in your watch. I am simply facilitating a group buy. If there are any paypal complaints I will kill this immediately. Life is too short. :) So for now we will wait and see what Rob has to say.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, BIG THANKS TO ZIGGY WITHOUT WHOM NONE OF THESE PROJECTS WOULD HAPPEN. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

In terms of process here is what I have in mind. Once we know whether these work with 6497's and we don't know that yet I will start another loop asking for folks to sign up. That will have a big impact on count. I will then go back to the seller and get the final price based on the count. Once I know that I will post it and people will have a few day window to make payment. I will provide a Paypal account if this moves forward as these are legitimate items and there are no worries. If you do not have access to a paypal account please contact one of your friends on the forum who does. I do not want to deal with money orders or other stuff. Sorry.

As I have continually said, I make no guarantees whether this will fit in your watch. I am simply facilitating a group buy. If there are any paypal complaints I will kill this immediately. Life is too short. :) So for now we will wait and see what Rob has to say.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, BIG THANKS TO The Zigmeister WITHOUT WHOM NONE OF THESE PROJECTS WOULD HAPPEN. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Excellent Warren..

Although I am sure that the crowns will NOT fit without modifications from The Zigmeister or someone else.. I tried to fit it and I couldn't. The case tube is too small on the reps (and too big on Jimmys) so something must be done about this issue. Plus the Manual 6497 will need a stem adapter from 1,9 to 2,1mm.. Don't know how much it costs and how easy is to get them.

Anyways I will leave the technical part to master The Zigmeister's post after this weekend.

Again you must make clear to people and they must understand that it will not be a simple swap and they will have to send their watch to someone if they cannot do it themselves. Nothing wrong about this (I did it) but it is an extra cost they have to consider

Busy days for the mod guys i forsee... ;)

Edited by V

V's cases and crown are in the shop, I have some manual wind cases to test fit it into as well, and I have a 196 case I can test it on.

I expect to be able to do the testing this weekend, and post the results.

Adapters from 0.90 - 1.20 and 1.20 - 0.90 are not a problem, I have them all, will it work on the handwind? I think not, due to the distance from the crown to the movement, there isn't any...we'll have to wait and see...

RG

Damn! Finepics has my 029 and going to/has/whoknows where it is do my palp crown with a Jimmy CG and I can't reach him to hold until this happens!! If I'm lucky (or not), that hasn't been done yet.