When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen PAM Crowns - No More Requests Being Accepted

Watchmeister

UPDATE

Good news for those who were concerned. I did speak with the seller and he still has 20 pieces or so left and so I will plan on sorting out all the requests over the weekend. I will ask for prompt payment as soon as I receive the crowns and if there is enough remaining interest will order one more round. Folks will get confirmatory emails or PM's on Monday and I will have to wait a day or two until I get the crowns to make sure they are all fine. The reason I am holding off confirming orders now and taking payment is that I have gotten a couple of crowns recently which were missing the spring loaded nipple and I am concerned that as we get to the end of the seller's stock problems may increase. Apologies to the one member who got the one that I didn't notice. A replacement will be sent out over the weekend.

All the best,

Kruz

________________________________________________________________________________

ORIGINAL POST

As a buyer of a number of the genuine PAM crowns offered by the seller on Ebay I have been approached by him as to whether I would like to buy out a substantial portion or all of his entire remaining crowns. Apparently he has lost interest or patience in selling them one at a time. My general question is whether there is enough interest on the forum to warrant pursuing this. I want to stress that I am not doing this to make money. If there is no interest I will simply buy what I need. I am proposing this to pick up a modest discount on what I am buying and to offer it to other members at the same price. To give you some sense he is asking approximately $65 each for 50 or more. So if I factor in shipping it can easily be $75.00. If there is interest I would go back and try and negotiate a better deal but I have no idea at this point whether it is achievable.

Back to the crowns, they most likely date back to right around the beginning of the Vendome era (1998-2001). They are very well made and do have triple o-ring protection. At this point I have only had one mounted and that was on my 2893. You will judge from the pics below on the aesthetics. I do think that it does improve the water resistance with the 3 gaskets over the standard rep crown. I would also guess (and it is a guess) that it will fit on most PAM automatics. I have no idea on the hand winds. Not looking for PM's at this point. Looking for preliminary levels of interest.

248008-8257.jpg

248008-8258.jpg

248008-8259.jpg

248008-8260.jpg

248008-8261.jpg

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be helpful if people could indicate whether they are interested in 1 or 2 or 10 bearing in mind a price of approximately $75.00. I am not guaranteeing what they fit. I am comfortable that they fit the automatics. I don't know whether anyone has tried a hand wind.

i just bought some PALP crowns...but I may be interested...

one question...how do we know that they are gen crowns?

Gen or not gen they are MILES better then the 'so called' perfect palp crowns... ;)

Anyways.. the crowns are gen from what I know and having a 1000% genuine crown on my hands (from a reliable source)

Hi Kruzer,

If you can find out if other finish are available, that would be great too. If it is just the polished steel crowns, I am in for 2 for sure if they would fit my 6497s. Thank you.

Edited by Woody

I'd be interested in several :blink:

I have a 196 (7753)

192 (lemania/venus/whatever it is

111 (apparently swiss 6497, but who knows these days)

029 (2893)

Will also take some spares.

Whatever you can supply to fit the above, let me know... or I'll buy watches to suit the crowns you can get LOL

Just to add fuel to the fire, in addition to SS there is PVD (I have two PVD's and one matches up perfectly to the gen 28 PVD and the other is inexplicably lighter almost like the crown on the slob). On titanium I will have to ask but I don't think so. I will take pictures of the PVD's I already have over the weekend and post them. I am traveling at the moment. My objective is to figure out what level of interest there is by Monday.

In terms of what fits what, I am not guaranteeing anything. This is not my business. It is just too cool not to give it a try. What I know is that Ziggy has fit one on my 2893 and has a spare of mine as well. In general it should fit most automatic cases. I do not have a hand wind with Ziggy to try one on. V has a handwind on the way to Ziggy but it has not arrived yet and I don't know if he has the same crown. Does anyone have a manual with Ziggy currently? PM me and maybe we can figure something out. But at this point I can't tell you that they work on hand winds and these are not inexpensive items.