When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen PAM Crowns - No More Requests Being Accepted

Watchmeister

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I mentioned earlier I am doing this the other way. I have 25 on the way to me now. Once I have inspected them to make sure they are fine I will sell a chunk of them promptly and order some more. I did not want to outlay thousands upfront not knowing where I was going with them. This is not a money making exercise and so I have no room for error. Having been a previous participant in several other projects I have learned the hard way that wanting something and paying for something are two different things. ;) The seller said he would get them out tomorrow and I should see them in the next few days. :)

As I mentioned earlier I am doing this the other way. I have 25 on the way to me now.

I did not realize it, kruzer -- my poor English hit again, it seems.

That being the thing, it goes without saying that I'll honour my committment if you ordered any PVD crowns in this batch.

Please can you confirm it so that I don't wonder anymore whether buying on the bay?

As I mentioned earlier I am doing this the other way. I have 25 on the way to me now. Once I have inspected them to make sure they are fine I will sell a chunk of them promptly and order some more. I did not want to outlay thousands upfront not knowing where I was going with them. This is not a money making exercise and so I have no room for error. Having been a previous participant in several other projects I have learned the hard way that wanting something and paying for something are two different things. ;) The seller said he would get them out tomorrow and I should see them in the next few days. :)

Well I have to be in. I've done everything else to this watch, might as well upgrade the crown again. Mine is a firm commitment, no backing out. I'll PM you with an offer to Paypal.

Thanks.

Well, let's spice this discussion up a little. Here is one of several reference photos I have on early PAM's:

252202-7249.jpg

Now let's suppose that this picture from a 5218 shows the crown compressed . They both have a total of 3 gaskets - one against the crown base and two on the spindle. Now look at the construction where the crown "stem" meets the crown. Notice the same two piece construction into the crown. Now look at the depth of the crown versus any other PAM rep crown you have ever seen.

Pretty sophisticated for a rep crown. ;) I will give you one legitimate counter theory - perhaps they are excess crowns from RXW when they were forced to cease and desist on the crown guard? Well, who knows. :lol: I now own them and am happy to be stuck with them. ;)

Warren - great drawing I have never seen before - this has just sealed it for me - the odds are heavily stacked that these are genuine.

I have compared with the 2 x I have from the same source and as well as the points you have mentioned above - they even have the hexagonal stem barrel as shown on the drawing.

It just seems unlikely in my mind that a replica would be produced with such attention to fabrication and functional detail.

Great that the PVD/ Ti are 1.2mm .........wonder if all the SS at 0.9?

I've already stated I'm out as I have 2 x SS ....but If you have a PVD/Ti spare I will take one - 1000% firm commitment.

Cheers

Simon

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
It would be helpful if people could indicate whether they are interested in 1 or 2 or 10 bearing in mind a price of approximately $75.00. I am not guaranteeing what they fit. I am comfortable that they fit the automatics. I don't know whether anyone has tried a hand wind.

count me in for 3 to 4 ... definately

As a buyer of a number of the genuine PAM crowns offered by the seller on Ebay I have been approached by him as to whether I would like to buy out a substantial portion or all of his entire remaining crowns. Apparently he has lost interest or patience in selling them one at a time. My general question is whether there is enough interest on the forum to warrant pursuing this. I want to stress that I am not doing this to make money. If there is no interest I will simply buy what I need. I am proposing this to pick up a modest discount on what I am buying and to offer it to other members at the same price. To give you some sense he is asking approximately $65 each for 50 or more. So if I factor in shipping it can easily be $75.00. If there is interest I would go back and try and negotiate a better deal but I have no idea at this point whether it is achievable.

Back to the crowns, they most likely date back to right around the beginning of the Vendome era (1998-2001). They are very well made and do have triple o-ring protection. At this point I have only had one mounted and that was on my 2893. You will judge from the pics below on the aesthetics. I do think that it does improve the water resistance with the 3 gaskets over the standard rep crown. I would also guess (and it is a guess) that it will fit on most PAM automatics. I have no idea on the hand winds. Not looking for PM's at this point. Looking for preliminary levels of interest.

258178-6023.jpg

258178-6024.jpg

258178-6025.jpg

258178-6026.jpg

258178-6027.jpg

i'm in for 3 or 4 ........Lanikai

• 1 month later...

At this moment they are incompatible with hand winds. It is because they are 0.9 stemmed and you need 1.2 for the handwinds. There is not enough room for a stem adapter. There is a colleague who is trying to solve this and if it can be I will make a post and then buy a bunch from the seller as I know there would be a lot of demand. He is off getting married anyhow for a week or two. Please do not PM on this one.

What I will take PM's on is interest on a 1.2mm titanium crown. Can we say Josh 036 - :thumbsupsmileyanim:. I have no idea whether they will fit with the case tube though. I will have Rob try that in a few weeks. If anyone wants to buy one now and chance it let me know. I have no idea whether they will fit but I bought all he had which was only a few as you could always work it backward and put a stem adapter to bring it back to 0.9 for the automatics.

As a buyer of a number of the genuine PAM crowns offered by the seller on Ebay I have been approached by him as to whether I would like to buy out a substantial portion or all of his entire remaining crowns. Apparently he has lost interest or patience in selling them one at a time. My general question is whether there is enough interest on the forum to warrant pursuing this. I want to stress that I am not doing this to make money. If there is no interest I will simply buy what I need. I am proposing this to pick up a modest discount on what I am buying and to offer it to other members at the same price. To give you some sense he is asking approximately $65 each for 50 or more. So if I factor in shipping it can easily be $75.00. If there is interest I would go back and try and negotiate a better deal but I have no idea at this point whether it is achievable.

Back to the crowns, they most likely date back to right around the beginning of the Vendome era (1998-2001). They are very well made and do have triple o-ring protection. At this point I have only had one mounted and that was on my 2893. You will judge from the pics below on the aesthetics. I do think that it does improve the water resistance with the 3 gaskets over the standard rep crown. I would also guess (and it is a guess) that it will fit on most PAM automatics. I have no idea on the hand winds. Not looking for PM's at this point. Looking for preliminary levels of interest.

294074-3399.jpg

294074-3400.jpg

294074-3401.jpg

294074-3402.jpg

294074-3403.jpg

Kruzer ... iwould be good for a few more .... Lanikai

If you guys are really interested please email me at watchmeisters@gmail.com. If I get enough interest I would try and get another round. I think I would need to get demand for 10 SS pieces or so. I have 4 or so requests including Lani. On the ti I am under the impression I bought all he had which was only a few. I am not going to get a chance to try them on the hand winds until Rob comes back from vacation though.

• 2 weeks later...
What I will take PM's on is interest on a 1.2mm titanium crown. Can we say Josh 036 - :thumbsupsmileyanim:. I have no idea whether they will fit with the case tube though. I will have Rob try that in a few weeks. If anyone wants to buy one now and chance it let me know. I have no idea whether they will fit but I bought all he had which was only a few as you could always work it backward and put a stem adapter to bring it back to 0.9 for the automatics.

Me! I could try it on a 192.

Any news on which these work for?

Will it work on 7753s, 2892s and 2893s?

• 4 months later...