When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rambo Panerai

TeeJay

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh yeah I'm going to catch that movie Rambo IV! Saw a lot of posters in town so will check it out to see if its a good movie or not. Anyway for the last Rocky movie I find that what he told his son is pretty meaningful and it's something like this...In life its not about how hard you can punch but how hard you can get punched and still keep moving forward!

As for that watch hope we will hear more news about it! Personally I find that the fiddy in stainless steel still looks nicer and more military like. ;)

The watch in the new "Rambo 4" movie is definitely a PANERAI PAM0127 "Fiddy" in PVD (Prototype)!

He got this watch for the movie production of Mr. Bonati himself!Thanks!

It can't be a PVD 127. The photo Rolli uploaded clearly shows no second sweep at 9, also, the printing on the lower half of the dial is too wide to only read "1950". Interesting pics of the PVD 127, but that's sure not what Sly's wearing...

It can't be a PVD 127. The photo Rolli uploaded clearly shows no second sweep at 9, also, the printing on the lower half of the dial is too wide to only read "1950". Interesting pics of the PVD 127, but that's sure not what Sly's wearing...

There are two different models!

The chrystal on the pic is like the "Fiddy" a domed chrystal!

BLACKISBLACK.jpgSNAG-217.jpg

Rambo IV and Rocky Balboa were shot practically at the same time... Sly had to "juice-up" HGH to rebuild his muscle to shoot Rocky, so he proposed making better use of the muscleroid appearance to do the 4th Rambo. It's called synergy!

And, believe me, he is not 5'9" tall... Wide maybe, but not tall... I have been hitting golf balls at Wentworth by his side and he is relatively short. Nice guy, though.

I have just watched the movie today evening, can't see much of the watch though...but movie is ok. Pretty violent at times and I loved the way he shot those arrows! And I guess must be due to the great pressure from the machine gun that he was busy firing away that's why the second hand dropped off! Hahaha!

Somehow wonder if the watch will ever be officially announced and will it be another limited edition series? And if it's really the case, rep makers will know what to do right....?

Seems like at the moment there are two ways to find out...

1) If anyone knows or get to see Sly in person maybe can try to approach him and ask him about the watch he is wearing in the movie.... or

2) Call or drop a note to Panerai/Richmont and ask them about the watch worn by John Rambo in the movie...

* Ok I took the initiative and already dropped them a note will await their news and keep you all posted if they do get back to me...

There are two different models!

I agree.. the watch in THIS photo looks like the PVD 127. Domed crystal and polished gold hands.

251086-7545.jpg

The watch in THIS photo (and the one that made it to the movie) is almost definately a 202/A.. The yellow of the tritium, the fat numbers, definately PVD (with the characteristic Panerai greyish tint PVD) NO WAY ceramic, and probably no AR. ;)

2qut5j5.jpg

IMG_7758.jpg