When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Seamaster chrono

Mickey Padge

I have here one of my favourite watches, the Omega Seamaster chronograph! ^_^

My good friend Oliver installed a few bits and bobs for me. The Asian 7750 was replaced with a decorated ETA 7750 and the hands were replaced to accommodate that upgrade. The bezel is genuine too, and I also got a gen bracelet off the bay and refinished it to almost new looking condition :)

Here are a few pictures:

250709-7644.jpg

250709-7645.jpg

250709-7646.jpg

250709-7647.jpg

250709-7648.jpg

Comments welcome..........

Cheers :D

Looks nice. I was looking this one at an Omega AD, and your watch looks exactly the same. Well maybe the AR coat isn’t there but I think that not always the seamaster chrono has come with AR

Thanks emuozz :)

Yeah, I was kind of unsure of the AR too. I know it would look even better with double sided AR, as I have it on my Steelfish, but the AR runs offered on this forum are in the USA and I am in the UK :(

One thing that is noticable is the lume, the hands and pearl glow like crazy, but the dial does not. I can live with that though to be honest ^_^

Looks excellent! Don't AR this one, this model shouldn't have it :)

When replacing with the ETA, is it just the hands that need replacing, once you have those is it fairly straightforward?

It is as far as I am aware, Oliver never said there was any particular problem with the upgrade :)

Thanks for the kind words guys! I will not AR it if the genuine did not have it, it would be a silly mistake.

Here is a picture of the movement used:

250967-7598.jpg

Keeping perfect time :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Excellent project. Congratulations.

SMP Chrono is also my favorite. BTW, can you tell me where you got the movement?

I got two decorated 7750's off of German sellers on ebay, I have one spare for a future project :)

One of them was purchased from this seller in Germany: http://cgi.ebay.de/CHRONOGRAPH-AUTOMATIK-W...1QQcmdZViewItem

Communication was a bit tricky, but I managed to do the bank transfer OK, and was very pleased with what I received from him :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I got two decorated 7750's off of German sellers on ebay, I have one spare for a future project :)

One of them was purchased from this seller in Germany: http://cgi.ebay.de/CHRONOGRAPH-AUTOMATIK-W...1QQcmdZViewItem

Communication was a bit tricky, but I managed to do the bank transfer OK, and was very pleased with what I received from him :thumbsupsmileyanim:

They're quite reasonably priced, I might end up picking one up sooner rather than later for my SMP Chrono if they go for that much! Be good to have should the A7750 decide to retire!

• 6 months later...

not really... these Omega seamaster chronograph are on ebay quite frequently, selling for around 1400USD without box and papers and in good condition.

Not to put you off, but that was one expensive project - but it does look very very nice =)

Hehe, I see you have the gen, why do you need this? Although I take it as a complement that you do :)

This is a rough cost breakdown:

Ah my friend the subdial spacing is a dead give away. Please look at the gen and then compare it to the rep and you will appreciate the difference

I'm not so sure about this...the spacing looks the same to me...here's a pic of the gen from the Omega site:

22258000.gif

The gen uses an Omega Caliber 1164 which is an ETA 7750 base...so the subdial spacing is the same.

The Speedmaster spacing is off for sure...as the Moonwatch and 50th I believe use an Omega 1861 which is a Lemania 861 and there is no manual rep of that movement...maybe By-Tor or The Zigmeister can correct me on this one...

One of my favorite chronograph watches, ever.

Brilliant!

And yes, this model should NOT have AR.

AR is only on the new "red" models.

Ah my friend the subdial spacing is a dead give away. Please look at the gen and then compare it to the rep and you will appreciate the difference

However, the chrono is one of my favorites :p

TWP, you're mistaken. The subdial spacing is the same on the gen. It's a 7750-based watch.