When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trustywatchguys Planet Ocean Arrived

rbj69

i didnt have time to do my review yet, i got it as i was leaving for a bit, but wanted to share some quick pics for u , for a fast review, i say the watch is wonderful , and it looks like what i was hoping for, love the bezel insert , the color is more correct, , a few problems on arrival , there were a couple dings in the case and the caseback had a mill mark on it and the dial has a blemish under the bottom writing , in the pic it will look like a grey spot , its not good and very noticeable, and the nicks r too deep to polish out, i sent andrew a email with some up close photos of the problem i am sure he will send me a new case , caseback and dial , overall the watch looks like a winner and the best one so far, the clasp looks genuine, basically everything looks pretty good, but i havent done a close inspection of the pros and cons other than seeing the blemishes , when i get back i will do that for u and hopefully by-thor can join in we r supposed to do it together, anyway these r raw quick pics but u can see what we were looking to see ok enjoy, oh yeah it does have a slight blue hue on the glass , so i can see some ar coating on it btw, oh yeah this is the fourth generation one

1691-7716.jpg

1691-7717.jpg

1691-7718.jpg

1691-7719.jpg

1691-7720.jpg

1691-7721.jpg

1691-7722.jpg

1691-7723.jpg

Looks like they are finally getting this one down.

Agree, it's getting verrrry close. Blemishes aside (and we all know how sometimes it's hard to look beyond those tiny niggling QC imperfections that scream out), that PO looks the business no mistake.

Looked at about four different PO models this week in an AD, the one I really want they didn't have in stock (black on rubber), so no different in waiting for Andrew et al to bring me what I REALLY want...

Two words....Black....45mm :Jumpy:

looks great! been waiting for this review since Andrew teased us all. thanks for getting the pictures up. One question: in the seventh picture down the orange looks very good compared to the gens I've seen (a little pale)...is this a true color match to yours?

• 3 weeks later...

yes the logo isnt that bad at all, the second hand tip actually matches to the numbers on the wrist , just t up close pictures shows it being a bit lighter in color but i really cant tell by the eye, im assuming there was no magnetic cap on the third generation? this one has a plastic movment ring in it but seems to be solid, the datefont actually is pretty nice and white to the eye, not really faded like the ones i saw before, i got unlucky with a few things they did sloppily but andrew says he will replace it asap so i have no worries , the smudge on the dial makes me crazy lol

i measured it right at 42mm like 41.95 to be exact lol and right at 44.5 with crown , so pretty close to the genuine one

the things that stood out for me is the ar coating , slight but definitely visible which is more beleivable to be genuine

the bezel insert is very nice and more correct

the helium valve is going up the slope more like the genuine

the caseback loge is crisper i believe

the bracelet is solid and the clasp is more correct, also i think the bracelet is different than the 3rd/ generation because it has the numbers 952 going across the middle of the sel bold and engraved nicely

i even think the logo on the crown is deeper and bolder

not many cons for me other than the plastic ring holding the movment in place , which i will fix myself , lol

the minute hand may be just a tad short but really not bad at all and when i say a tad i mean a hair size tad lol (by-thor that was for u lol )

the finish of the watch neeeds a good polishing but they all do lol

the bezel is a little loos feeling but fixable

stick on insert but they all r , i will glue it down permanently after i tighten up the bezel

and like we knew maybe the logo could have been just a hair higher but its not bad really , but i will see if i can move it up a bit

the glow is actually no as bad as other watches i have seen but i will relume my new dial lol

im bummed i have the watch and cant wear it , cause i have to wait for the replacement and send this one back , argghhhhh

all in all andrew has the best po to my eyes at the moment, im sure all will have them soon , andrew delivered in a timely fashion, i think i would have gotten it three days ago if it wasnt held up in new york

i will take some more thorough pics of it for u soon and point out the things i just said in a more review like manner

im just doing it like this quickly and things on the top of my head lol cause i knew u were anxious like me

i am really amazed how heavy and solid it feels , its a nice looker and has a balanced feel to it , definitely a keeper

hello do u guys know if in the genuine the numbers on the dial in orange glow ?

here r some ar coating shots for u so u can see it has that blue/purplish hue to it , a very nice touch i might add

21601-2026.jpg

21601-2027.jpg

21601-2028.jpg

heres a movment shot for u as well

21601-2029.jpg

a pic of the date font more like how it really is , pretty good huh

21601-2030.jpg

hopefully i will get my replacement soon so i can enjoy it , it is said to be in transit

Great insight like usual Joe ! :D Ordered his Black PO swiss version...can't wait to get ! :Jumpy: should be getting it soon and once I do, I'll throw some pics up....

agree , u would think they would put a decent movment holder around a nice swiss eta movment for 270 bucks , or is it we r just spoiled and are use to that lol it doesnt bother me much but of course i will probably make me a nice metal plate to go around mine lol and in person i think the logo isnt that bad , i think some r worse than others though for sure , but all in all it is a very nice rep of it and hopefully someone will find a source for a genuine dial and hands and crown and i think that is all besides refinish the case i would do to mine , so if u find parts for them please tell me about them or count me in lol

I agree with you Joe that some Logo's are better than others. I just got mine in today and while it looks pretty decent on the wrist a closer inspection reveals the ugly truth. My logo is actually touching the writing. Looks like I'll need to send this one to you for one of those cross breed asian dials you put together. LOL

24015-1349.jpg

24015-1350.jpg

the logo is a big turn off for me. I prefer too high than too low. This just look "cheap" while the other too high was just inaccurate.

As for the plastic holder, it's kinda cheap too. Strange for a $250 rep that use a simple ETA movement that you can get in watch at $150

I am waiting for the gen dial, hope it will be available soon and it should fit the ETA.

nothing beats the gen dial with the shapness of the font and color plus the gen hands if I could source them both.

Totally newbie here... i have the 42.5mm ETA coming soon as my very first rep.

Question about the potential to mod this watch in the future. A genuine dial would be a sweet upgrade, but I don't know anything about sourcing parts... so Omega might sell stand-alone genuine dials in the future? How would you get one, purchase through a dealer or direct from Omega?

Sorry if my questions are obvious or stupid but im a total virgin to the rep world... trying to learn as much as I can! Any feeback is appreciated.

LLCool