When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gran

swdivad

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let us all understand there is and has always been only one true Scammer in the RWG watch fiasco..........the supplier.........this person has failed to deliver all the goods, failed to address quality issues, but most importantly has failed to stand up and say I am the supplier.

If we knew who this person is then all those that fall between us and him/her are of no consequence.

Ken

I have a couple questions:

Gran, did you lock all of the threads that are currently locked on RWG. If so, why?

Who is Eric and is he currently selling watches under a different name?

As a huge fan of both RWG's, the entire admin & moderating team....AND Gran I suggest that anyone who has information that contradicts gran's account come forward now, in this thread, and get the hollering over with over with so this issue can be laid to rest once and for all. If no such evidence exists all those who accused Gran of specific acts of complicity and duplicity should apologise so this issue can be laid to rest once and for all.

Flame away if you have to, but the above is just a suggestion offered in good faith from someone who has enjoyed a lot of hours of diversion around here, yakking about a hobby we all love.

Yes I also lost $200 in the watch fiasco but then I never blamed Gran for that, my concern was with the attempt to sabotage this site on its opening day.

I also have a problem when someone extends the hand of friendship here under one user name whilst continuing to thrust knives on the old site under other usernames.

What I am saying Gran is if you want me to accept you.................no more games

Ken

Thats typical...

Let us all understand there is and has always been only one true Scammer in the RWG watch fiasco..........the supplier.........this person has failed to deliver all the goods, failed to address quality issues, but most importantly has failed to stand up and say I am the supplier.

If we knew who this person is then all those that fall between us and him/her are of no consequence.

Ken

If a supplier is not paid, Why should he deliver ?

If a supplier is not asking for advance funds, why collect money ?

If a supplier is prepared to stock up the watch and allows the ease of ordering anytime, Why change the supplier to an unknown one ?

I have as much knowledge as anyone about the RWG watch fiasco (other than Blade, Eric and Gran) and I can say without a doubt that there was never any indication or proof IMO that gran was somehow involved in the undelivered watches.

I dont exactly see eye to eye with gran on all that happened over at old RWG, but I most certainly do not believe that he played any role whatsoever in the dispursement of monies or failure to send out what was paid for.

With that said, I think we should just move on.

@joshua:

1) how do you know if Eric was or was not paid? do tell...

2) money was collected because if it was not collected on the front end, then people could/would/did commit but then back out...IMO, it makes sense for adavance payment for a mass order of a watch that did not previously exist.

3) Blade swithed suppliers because King's watch was way small and many of the people who paid for it chimed in over at old RWG that they were not at all happy with the smaller version. It is irrelivant if king was going to allow people to order/pay at a later time if her watch was way off.

Many have pm me way before, even before christmas in which the watches are supposed to arrive. And some of the current admin team here also have an insight of what I know....Its their call.

The way I see it... the intention is clearly there right from the beginning....There isn't a need to collect money without seeing the proto..And what is a proto ? Where is the proto ? is the proto being paid or return ?

I have as much knowledge as anyone about the RWG watch fiasco (other than Blade, Eric and Gran) and I can say without a doubt that there was never any indication or proof IMO that gran was somehow involved in the undelivered watches.

I dont exactly see eye to eye with gran on all that happened over at old RWG, but I most certainly do not believe that he played any role whatsoever in the dispursement of monies or failure to send out what was paid for.

With that said, I think we should just move on.

@joshua:

1) how do you know if Eric was or was not paid? do tell...

2) money was collected because if it was not collected on the front end, then people could/would/did commit but then back out...IMO, it makes sense for adavance payment for a mass order of a watch that did not previously exist.

3) Blade swithed suppliers because King's watch was way small and many of the people who paid for it chimed in over at old RWG that they were not at all happy with the smaller version. It is irrelivant if king was going to allow people to order/pay at a later time if her watch was way off.

Joshua please understand that the supplier you are refering to is not the supplier of the RWG watch but in fact only submitted one below par prototype.

The decision to not go with that supplier was Blades and only Blades

And no for as long as I have been in business I have never know anyone to pay for a prototype let alone one that is not up to spec's.

Ken

I have a couple questions:

Gran, did you lock all of the threads that are currently locked on RWG. If so, why?

Who is Eric and is he currently selling watches under a different name?

First I am being blamed for much more than I have actually done. I love RWG and you guys know it

I did change some posts over at RWG in a drunken stupor, with anger and fried brains...I regret this and it will never ever happen again. I can physically never post on RWG as member and moderator with the name gran ever again. FYI The user name gran is toast over on old RWG

I did not lock any threads on RWG (it must have been (an)other moderator(s))

I do not know who is behind the person behind the name ERIC and if "she" is selling watches under another name I have no evidence of this. All I heard is that she is/was a student over there in China. She once replied to one of my emails in the early sping of 2006 and promised to send the rest of the RWG watches (and watches won in the lottery) but apparently she discovered BLADE was gone and then discontinued email conntact with me and did not send the additional watches. Some RWG members have bought watches from the dealer eric on old RWG/new offers and should be able to give more info than me on this dealer like name and email on the pp payments

Regards

Gunnar :wounded1:

Ditto.

As for malpractice insurance- you want to know about a scam, Ill tell you about a scam- 25 percent of my income and no malpractice suits. It just keeps getting worse and no one gives a rats ass. That is why I am setting up in Miami.

Welcome Gran.

-O

Thank you :hug: and the same to you too subfrog :)

The best regards

So, to Gran I say...

We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though perceived transgressions may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.

Jeff

Thank you Jeff and I feel the same way. I is sad for me to know that some will always be a little apprehensive about me.

As you can all see I am back posting like I did in the good old days (and my sword is gone). I love RWG and want to look mainly ahead and not back in time.

Long live RWG and TRC :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Regards

I have stayed away from this discussion, as I have strong feelings about it, and wanted to hear everyones point.

With a positive intent, I welcome Gran to the board. I have never held him at all responsible for the watch fiasco, and always accepted that he had the right to his point of view at our old home, as he does here- even though one may not necessarily always agree. But that’s how things are.

I was however upset and annoyed at the BS which went on when we moved, especially at RWG1- a post of mine , which ran 4 or so pages was wiped- it was a farewell, which I wanted to keep it for posterity. I also spent quite a few frantic hours- trying to sort out what was going down, and communicate with the others here- it wasn’t much fun, and I’m here for fun- the same as everyone.

So as Ken said- welcome- no games-no subterfuge-no multiple identities- just be upfront- and I’m sure then that the past is now just that- past- it will be the actions of the future which will show how you are seen.

As to the watch thing- we have been able- with the help of a lot of good people- to make this right- so lets not belabour it any more- its done -finished. Just leave it there.

Offshore

I am pleased to see the air is clearing. The whole RWG watch issue rings true. I was one who did get the RWG watch so I count myself as fortunate. I also was a prize winner in one of the lotteries (never got the prize but don't care) and the person who was supposed to provide the prize was Eric. I couldn't resist and went to old RWG and found the link to Eric's Photo Gallery. Of course it is gone. but I couldn't resist. :)

I did change some posts over at RWG in a drunken stupor, with anger and fried brains...I regret this and it will never ever happen again.

Thank you Gran; this has always confused me, and to have the explanation from you (rather than the on the speculation of others) is all I ever thought was required.

A statement like this is never easy - it takes courage to put it up here in public, and for that I commend you.

Welcome back Gunnar.

She once replied to one of my emails in the early sping of 2006 and promised to send the rest of the RWG watches (and watches won in the lottery) but apparently she discovered BLADE was gone and then discontinued email conntact with me and did not send the additional watches.

that makes sense to me!

all the best to you gran, hope you get better! i know that one can do stupid things sometimes and regret them a day after!

I was #5 on the list to receive the special RWG watch and it never came. I must admit that GRAN did email me in December of 2005 for my mailing information to give to BLADE. I truly beleive GRAN started a great thing and BLADE took it over and GRAN is now left holding the bag since BLADE went AWOL.

I donated half the watch money to this forum and the other half was returned to me and I want to say that was a GREAT :thumbsupsmileyanim: thing this new board did to make peace with all (even though they did not have to do that).

I say, cut GRAN a break and lets move on!

Well hell.... I didn't want to post in this thread, but since I'm at home and have some time.....

I think most of the people who worked on the new RWG project were upset that gran seemd to want to sabatoge the new home and for that we were angry. Gran was part of the move, but for reasons he explained, he went a little nuts on "Moving" day by editing members posts, deleting threads, and pulling private threads out into public.

I know the blame for the watch issue rests with Blade, and Eric. That issue in my mind was dead a long time ago. I'm glad to see gran back, and welcome him into the new site. Gran was after all a huge contributor to the old site, and I'd personally miss seeing his posts and comments.

I suppose in time this thread will die as it should. I know my post will put it at the top, but I just wanted Gran to maybe read this and see that I hold no ill will towards him and look forward to his posts...

Jeff

I sure feel a lot better now after having read the last number of posts and also the earlier ones. You are treating me well. I apreciate that. Thank you. You are great :group:

Regards

gunnar :cloud9:

Gunnar, I am glad that you came clean on the whole "posts" issue. I'm sure it was a hard thing to do. Taking responsibility for negative issues in life is never easy. I applaud you. And finally, as it's already been said, time will be the real measure.

justmy2centsforwhatitsworthwhichweknowaintmuch!

TT

I did change some posts over at RWG in a drunken stupor, with anger and fried brains...I regret this and it will never ever happen again. I can physically never post on RWG as member and moderator with the name gran ever again. FYI The user name gran is toast over on old RWG

I did not lock any threads on RWG (it must have been (an)other moderator(s))

Regards

I'm sorry, but I don't believe you. You were logged onto RWGi two days ago (See Pic below) and you are currently posting there as "Persona" and possibly other identities. It also says you are still a "Moderator" there, although I'll admit to being puzzled by the "Validating" status.

"I did not lock any threads on RWG (it must have been (an)other moderator(s))" - Yeah, right. IF it wasn't you, which other moderator(s) do you think did it, and why?..........It was you.

And, I don't think the irony will be lost even on you when you stop to think that if it had been me posting an "in your face" Pic, similar to the infamous RWG' Watch, you would have sent me to my room for all day, in that self-righteous tone of yours.

28879-305.jpg

Edited by bres3000