When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What the **** am I gonna do?

maxmsu

EDITED: Please stop sending PMs to me... if you want to figure out who it might be, just read this thread, smart guys already figured it out.

UPDATE: It seemed ok now and my replacement will be sent. More update see page 2 under my posting. :mellow:

Bought this watch from a very trustworth dealer... 7750 got problems. He said to send it back and will replace it with a new one...

Sent it out today and right after that, got an email from him stating something like "I met big trouble, police came to my house and took all the watches away...."

I was like oh my god... :angry::angry:

Does this happen to anyone before? what are my options? I only sent the head back (still have the bracelet)... he hasn't reponded to my email regarding the solution yet... thoguht wanted to share with you...

definitely the police didn't came to his door (if it ever came) because of your shipment...never heard of something like that...

when the situation calms down for the dealer (I am really interested to hear who is he), see what can be done...be patient now, because if that s**t really happened you can understand what troubles he has right now...

If the collector has a lot of pieces at home adoes his dealing from there, it is possible the police took his stuff of course. It's also possible the police took his computer and has all the data of his dealings, the forums etc.

Just make sure not to keep too much info on your PC.

What you must bear in mind is that other members here are also members over there......and some of them may be doing as you did......sending money to him......or even just communicating with him which may incriminate him even more......!

I think you have a duty of care to the members to name the 'collector'.......if he is as you say....'a trustworth' collector...then his reputation won't be harmed here....we are both a forgiving and supportive lot...and if one of our collectors is having a problem.....then we'll do all we can to help.......of that I'm certain......!

The collector will surely not be transacting at this point and may not even have the facility to alert other members.......which is his duty of care........so you should act in his stead......and advise members of who it is......I know if it were me.....I'd like someone to alert the members....I wouldn;t want inflowing orders incriminating me even more......or even members money being seized somehow...!

Edited by TTK

@PD.....how would you be badmouthing a collector......it's not as tho' it's his fault......anyone of us could experience the same.......no-one could lay any blame at his feet...!

No need to name the dealer.....we should just let the water flow......no point in muddying it......it's time to scramble up the banks......and build a bridge.....or get a boat and paddle down it....:D

No worries about buyers from this collector. He is in another country. Surely interpol will not form an international manhunt to track down customers.

Shame to hear that though. Hope nothing comes of it. Does anyone know what kind of penalties are probable?

I feel like such an idiot. But there are always newbies, and everyone has to go through that stage before we reach horilogical nirvana.

Anyway. What do we need to do to avoid raising red flags?

What should be avoided in emails? Is that why so many people on our forum use abbreviations that I am not familiar with? To avoid being busted?

I can certainly understand not putting the word "replica" on a paypal payment, but what other precautions do we need to take on this board when we inquire about a product and use other email communications?

Hey! I saw you rolling your eyes at me, young man!