When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Weekend Wristcheck

ubiquitous

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I'm being very sad today. I am wearing this:

261499-5357.jpg

Why is this sad? Well, because the movement is dead and it doesn't tell the time. I just couldn't stand wearing my Rolexes any more, and had to wear an Omega, even if it was a broken one... My 45mm should arrive in a few days, and I'm starting to lose the plot in anticipation :D

On Saturday, We decided to exercise our right to roam and check out the local countryside. Armed with an OS map and my compass watch, we followed what should have been a road. We walked several hours along this sort of terrain, seeing a cow give birth under the watchful eyes of friendly farmers and generally enjoying the countryside.

This is what was shown as a road. Can you see the vague path between two rough hedges?

261566-5343.jpg

Here is the compass/altimeter/barometer watch. Not mechanical and not a rep, I'm afraid.

261566-5344.jpg

On Saturday, We decided to exercise our right to roam and check out the local countryside. Armed with an OS map and my compass watch, we followed what should have been a road. We walked several hours along this sort of terrain, seeing a cow give birth under the watchful eyes of friendly farmers and generally enjoying the countryside.

This is what was shown as a road. Can you see the vague path between two rough hedges?

261577-5328.jpg

Here is the compass/altimeter/barometer watch. Not mechanical and not a rep, I'm afraid.

261577-5329.jpg

What kind of watch pug? I have my eyes on a Suunto with compass and heart rate monitor but I hear the crystals scratch very easily. I wonder if one could install a sapphire crystal in its place? :whistling:

261578-5326.jpg

261578-5327.jpg

Roman Road? Would that watch be a Suunto by any chance?

What kind of watch pug? I have my eyes on a Suunto with compass and heart rate monitor but I hear the crystals scratch very easily. I wonder if one could install a sapphire crystal in its place? :whistling:

It's not a Suunto. It's a Casio Tri-Sensor.

261583-5320.jpg261583-5321.jpg

261583-5322.jpg

261583-5323.jpg261583-5324.jpg

Compass :: Barometer/Thermometer

:: Time/Date ::

Altimeter :: World Time

Awesome :thumbsupsmileyanim: Definitely a watch for anyone interested in the outdoor life :)

I lowballed the regular ebay sellers for a few weeks before I got lucky. I bought it not because it's a nice watch but because it's useful. We've decided to do a lot of camping and walking this year, so, after seeing a T-Touch, I realised I'd need a compass watch. This was 1/8th the price of a T-Touch and I don't care if it gets scuffed up or dirty. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

My idea of a walk is grabbing an OS map and just doing it.

I lowballed the regular ebay sellers for a few weeks before I got lucky. I bought it not because it's a nice watch but because it's useful. We've decided to do a lot of camping and walking this year, so, after seeing a T-Touch, I realised I'd need a compass watch. This was 1/8th the price of a T-Touch and I don't care if it gets scuffed up or dirty. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

My idea of a walk is grabbing an OS map and just doing it.

Absolutely, that's definitely the best thing to do when getting something you know will be getting rough use :)

262794-5080.jpg

262794-5081.jpg

Wait a second... Clear skies and sunshine in the UK? Your photoshop skills are complete young Jedi! :Jumpy:

Wait a second... Clear skies and sunshine in the UK? Your photoshop skills are complete young Jedi! :Jumpy:

In Scotland!

What's even funnier is that I had to desaturate the photos as they were far too green and warm. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Here's what the weather looked like straight off the camera:

262811-5078.jpg