When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Stelita ETA knockoff movements

Gavilan

Has anyone ordered a ETA rep and found that it has a Stelita ETA knockoff movement inside?

The watch was advertsed with a swiss ETA inside.

I opened the watch up as the Date alignment was horrible, when i noticed that i couldnt see the ETA logo on the mevement.

Thanks

post-100-1181296556_thumb.jpg

It was a Seadweller, advertised with ETA movement.

I wont name the dealer just yet as i have asked to have the watch changed over. I cant live with the date font so out of alignment.

Just thought id mention it as this may be the way the rep movements will go as the True ETA's get scarce.

I thought the SW200 was made with ETA parts.

http://www.sellita.ch/catalogue/mvts_auto.html

It may look like an ETA, but it's totally opposite an ETA, none of the ETA parts will fit this model.

It's not a "Knock Off" or bad movement, it's just an option, since ETA is slowly getting out of selling their movements outside the SWATCH group.

I have seen and serviced these for over a year now, and don't see any issues with them.

RG

It may look like an ETA, but it's totally opposite an ETA, none of the ETA parts will fit this model.

It's not a "Knock Off" or bad movement, it's just an option, since ETA is slowly getting out of selling their movements outside the SWATCH group.

I have seen and serviced these for over a year now, and don't see any issues with them.

RG

So, how do you get parts for them?

Many gen brands are moving to Sellita - Oris for example.

Sellita has traditionally finished ETA movements (and I think the movement in Puggy's link is probably one of these), but the SW200 is their own knock-off (citing that many of ETA's patents have expired). I've read that it has 26 jewels, rather than the 2824's 25.

Parts will be no problem - these are going to be major mainstream movements.

They even have a 7750 knock-off in the works...

Sellita has traditionally finished ETA movements (and I think the movement in Puggy's link is probably one of these), but the SW200 is their own knock-off (citing that many of ETA's patents have expired).

That explains my misunderstanding. Thanks.

The SW200 is probably more Swiss than some of our ETAs. :D

I think i would be happy with a selita, with out the date wheel issues of cause, I believe that we will see more of these in the future, i only have a few concerns about qc, An ETA weather chiss or swinese has been made in an ETA factory and as such well checked over, how are the selita movement find in there way in to reps, is it a very back door! or are they subjet to some QC?

Has anyone ordered a ETA rep and found that it has a Stelita ETA knockoff movement inside?

The watch was advertsed with a swiss ETA inside.

I bought my Ultimate PO about 5 months ago and to the best of my recollection it was advertised as having a Swiss ETA movement. When I received it I checked the movement and because I didn't know better and the movement looked like an ETA, I assumed that's what it was. It was only when another thread on this topic was posted, cant remember if was here or TRC, but it caused me to have another look and sure enough my ETA is a Selita SW200. That said the movement has worked flawlessly and keeps great time and as its Swiss I don't consider it a problem, I'd be happy to have another rep with this movement installed.

Cool, thanks for the replies, Glad to hear that there is a Swiss option out there for when ETA is no longer an option.

Still the Date Wheel issue bugs me. :thumbdown:

But something for me to take up with the dealer.

Thanks again.

They even have a 7750 knock-off in the works...

This is definatley good news. Maybe our beloved ETA based watches will become Sellita based and we will have a reasonably priced reliable chrono movement. If these movements are as good as ETA I have no problem buying watches with these.

Only issue left then is the Datewheel alignment the OP mentions...

I'm guessing the SW200 isn't a direct replacement for the 2824 then size wise...

best of luck in resolving your issue Gavilan. No reason to have to settle for a crappy datewheel alignment if the photos you purchased from show'd otherwise.

we are here in the Rep world

ASIA WORLD

nothing here is SWISS MADE.

received yesterday a PAM 111 for modification... Swiss Unitas with needle regulator (this one which is called SWISS MADE) and it isn

Date wheel alignment on mine is fine, probably just a one off. :rolleyes:

Thats nice to hear. Perhaps the impending ETA drought won't be so bad. I'd always guessed another ebauche maker would step up and produce full movements to fill the void... Perhaps the SW200 is the way of the future (of reps) :whistling:

• 1 month later...
Good to know the Sellita is reliable, at least no nightmare when discovering one in a rep.

How is it pricewise against an ETA ?

Because the REAL question, as usual is : can we rely on the dealer's descriptions..? :troll2vk:

indeed.

notwithstanding the reliablity of the movement, why not just call it a Sellita .. why call it an ETA? Not to get back on THAT subject again, but jeez...