When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

new products coming soon

dadog13

Hi...

it was discussed before about the new releases...and i have just checked joshua's website and under the new items i have found a pretty interesting rep...a breitling 4 bentley with the big date at 12 and with running seconds at 3 o'clock...

what do you guys think about this one...I won't post the link to joshua's site (i think that everyone can find it and a lot of you already know the www)...

I am really interested in seing comments from the experts...

there are advertised releases as the IWC cousteau 2007 model, HBB black magick, HBB PVD/steel...

I hope there is not already a discussion somewhere on the forum since i've been off the forum for the past 10 days

Hadn't seen the rep of the Bentley before, nice spot! It is pretty much spot on now with the seconds running at 3. All it would require is an AR coating and a relume. Unlike the other large Bentley's the gen doesnt have a 30 seconds chronograph (sweeps around at twice the speed of a normal one) so this is possibly the most accurate Bentley we have seen yet.

Ok I'm not one of those experts you are waiting for but if the watch has a big date doesn't that suggest a new movement?

Ken

definitely a new mvt...running sec at 3...big date...maybe this are the models trusty and TTK were talking about...with the new movements coming...

I'd love them to make the Blackbird, which I was told by one collectors that they are, but I am not so sure on that. The Blackbird also has a large date, which I always have a passion for, as well as the seconds at 3, what I am afraid of, is that this is not a new movement, but rather, a modified Asian 7750, and we all know the story of modified 7750 and its extra gears, are we right? so that is what I worry about. I have not visited Josh's site, does anyone have a movement pic to share for this rep?

I think a movement pic will not be enough. It is on the dial side all this modification, and unless one of our moders opens one up, I doubt we will have a view of it.

The horror stories of the modified 7750 have to do with the design / execution of the modification. 7750's are in the genuine Hublot Big Bang, with modifications moving the 30min counter from 12 to 3, and the date from 3 to 4.5. I am not reading complains about that design/execution. Hope this time, our rep-makers did a better job. This breitling looks a lot more complicated, a real puzzle.

I'm with Woody on this...

I'd love to see a blackbird made.

And I also have a weakness for the BigDate on the dial... that is something that has hooked me recently... If this rep is reliable and can hold up to general and daily wear without destroying itself, I'm gonna have to get one....

My first breit mebee?

I think a movement pic will not be enough. It is on the dial side all this modification, and unless one of our moders opens one up, I doubt we will have a view of it.

The horror stories of the modified 7750 have to do with the design / execution of the modification. 7750's are in the genuine Hublot Big Bang, with modifications moving the 30min counter from 12 to 3, and the date from 3 to 4.5. I am not reading complains about that design/execution. Hope this time, our rep-makers did a better job. This breitling looks a lot more complicated, a real puzzle.

Thats right, but problems begin when moving running seconds, because it puts most strain on the movement. As long as running seconds stay at nine everything was fine ... only time will tell are these any better than 7750 with sec-at-6

regards

I do hope it is a redesigned movement. I would love a solid Big Date movement. It would allow for a number of new reps.

And it would need to be redesigned to copy the subdial spacing of those new reps, most of which would be copies of ETA 2894 and FP 1185 based watches.

I hope that one can get the seconds-at-3 sans big date for two words:

ALINGHI POLARIS.

That would be great, and it's the tip of the iceburg, as long as the spacing is adjusted:

VC Overseas Chrono

Tag Monaco

Breitling Montbrillant

FM Conquistador Chrono/big date curvex chrono

and on and on and on....

Maybe even the Mare Nostrum if thickness is not an issue...

This watch looks great but 2 things. 1) Why the Hell can they not double AR coat this crystal i mean come on the steelfish and evo got it why can't this. 2) Is it me or does the white inner number scale seem thicker than the original and previous version. Either way this is a for sure purchase for me, very nice looking piece.

This watch looks great but 2 things. 1) Why the Hell can they not double AR coat this crystal i mean come on the steelfish and evo got it why can't this. 2) Is it me or does the white inner number scale seem thicker than the original and previous version. Either way this is a for sure purchase for me, very nice looking piece.

A little mathematical word of warning

Moving Running seconds anywhere=many extra gears always running=imminent failure=junk

Damn, I was hoping for less gaudy watches and more new items with understated elegance (the war against bling is a losing battle I guess).

How about an IWC Mark XVI or a non-Cousteau 3548 Aquatimer?

Yes, yes ... we want 3548, we want 3548 !!!!! :victory: :victory:

If it does not happen soon I'll have to start saving for gen :wounded1:

regards