When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Poor Rollie.. Fallen way Behind..

Klink

Yust lookin at general section.. boy the rolex brand is takng one

heckuva beating..

Please do tell me why? Pannies, after all, are just cheap movements in

simple case.. no real history, just hype.. wazzup with that?

Life is Good!

Klink

why so many of peoples seem like phony watch?

I would not be worried about Rollie...rollie is at the very hearth and origin of the genuine Panerai :)

Now some history when.....

1938 - Inception of the first military watch of diving of the history, Will bread it Radiomir: 47 millimetres diameter, handles with wire, Rolex movement.

31733-40293.jpg

Florence and Officine Will bread

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cradle and epicentre of the Rebirth, Florence was also briefly the capital of the very young Kingdom of Italy, between 1864 and 1870. It is at this period that Guido Panerai opens its workshop. II acts of an artisanal company, specialized in mechanical work of high precision. The quality of its production makes it possible Guido to quickly gain the confidence of the Ministry for Defense and to allocate several orders of the Navy for the production of certain instruments. This collaboration with the Italian Navy, which remains since nearly 150 years, testifies to serious and the quality of the products of this company. Unfortunately, it seems to remain no file concerning the first businesss year of the company and the oldest products that one could preserve or find date from the First World War.

They are mechanical calculators intended for the launching of the torpedes starting from small boats, that Italian camouflages under the name of anti-submarine boats (FARMHOUSE), and who manufactured in 1913 and were used during the Large War. II also acts of phosphorescent devices for the night shooting of the naval guns, of apparatuses of pointing for the launching of the torpedes starting from the submarines during the Second World war, of device with delay for anti-ship mines and other very diverse instruments like the activation and ignition systems of the torpedes, the bathymeters (or depths gauge), the rockets with delay for loads of depth, the compasses of several types. Lastly, all the instruments which require a work of high precision (certain machine tools, like special turns, were manufactured directly in the factory) and whose unreliability can have consequences as dramatic as the loss of many human lives.

Thus the small company florentine, become initially "Guido with the passing of years Will bread & Figlio", then "Dispensary Will bread", never yielded to temptation too much to extend and to transform themselves into a great industrial complex. The company would have indeed been likely to see the quality of its production falling for lack of hand of & run the years, the company thus preserved its aspect of "atelier ", where the former workmen teach the trade with new come. This teaching includes/understands so much a technical training on all the levels, the handling of the manual tools as the file, that the control of the machines with the most sophisticated numerical controls, without forgetting ethics house: a worship of absolute discretion induced, by the nature even of the produced materials, with the military secrecy. Parallel to the production of mechanical instruments, the company specialized in the realization of luminescent devices. Let us quote, for example, the mechanical calculator intended for the launching of the torpedes starting from surface vessels. Using Radiomir, a varnish containing radium, Guido Will bread & Figlio provides to the Italian ships a small "computer" before the letter, composed of gears instead of integrated circuits, extremely luminous even in the most total darkness. The data capture and their consultation could thus be carried out without no light on the bridge being lit, in order to prevent that the enemy does not locate the ship.... is this leading us anywhere?

Simply 'cos Rollies are boring and PAMs are exciting... :D

No real history?!? MHUAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

I think a lot of the "younger" people don't want to be called out with a fake Rolex whether it's real or not simply because people think they don't have the money. With other brands, most people haven't heard of them and don't know what they look like to be calling them out as fakes.

I think a lot of the "younger" people don't want to be called out with a fake Rolex whether it's real or not simply because people think they don't have the money. With other brands, most people haven't heard of them and don't know what they look like to be calling them out as fakes.

+1

I save the sub for formal occasions when I will be around people with money. Otherwise it stays hidden away. If I was older I could get away with wearing it with tshirt and jeans. For now though DavidsenJapan PVD for casual. I use the EL GMT 63 with ss bracelet for work. It also doubles as a nice fishing lure for reeling in the ladies.

Rolex ..If you ask me to buy Rolex ...even I have the money for GEN ? I will never buy it...I dont really like the deesign..maybe for Old school brada's outthere...it might be something ...design well..nothing much there...

and for sure..Rolex....more fakes alarm...LOLEX...

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

PANERAI..

Panerai hysteria.

New kid on the block syndrome.

Regardless its been great money making opportunity for our dealers.

Certainly a collection expander for many of us forum members.

My three weaknesses in watches:

Rolex,

Vacheron Constantin

Panerai

Edited by JJFlash

You can wear a rolex daytona and everyone you konw, knows it is a fake, why? Well, it cost so much more than your car! They all know you can't afford it. (Just one case I thought of...holding myself back)

On the other hand, you wear a PAM, no one has a clue what it is and they envy you :)

Yust lookin at general section.. boy the rolex brand is takng one

heckuva beating..

Life is Good!

Klink

Obviously, you are a man of history! Generalfeldmarschall August von Mackensen shown with his traditional fur Pelmutze of the Hussar Regiments and wearing his Grand Cross and Pour le Merite. Man do you have good taste! I wonder what kind of watch he had?

Personally, I think Panerai are just as dull as Rolex. There is nothing really exciting about either. Both brands have a line of watches that really have no design variance. You seen one PAM, you've pretty much seen them all. Same with Rolex.

Oh no Ubi. I tend to disagree with you. Have you seen a PAM that look like this? :whistling:

31860-40275.jpg

Or this? :yu:

31860-40276.jpg

Edited by HighDef

Personally, I think Panerai are just as dull as Rolex. There is nothing really exciting about either. Both brands have a line of watches that really have no design variance. You seen one PAM, you've pretty much seen them all. Same with Rolex.

Thats exactly how I feel. I don't have a single rep rolex, but I wouldn't get a gen either. Once you've seen a datejust or a submariner, all the other models look somewhat the same. only the daytona stands out.

Thats exactly how I feel. I don't have a single rep rolex, but I wouldn't get a gen either. Once you've seen a datejust or a submariner, all the other models look somewhat the same. only the daytona stands out.

I have seen Bulova's & Seikos that offer the inspired look of the Rolex. The Luminors are unique with the design of the crown guards. And simplistic look. Just different. I am sure my Pannie passion will subside a bit in the future. Just something different for now.

ONE thing I'm not sure that we've thought about is this.......

With the intro of the quality Panerai reps, that have sold and sold and sold...... the entire "rep market" has ridden the Pannie rep coattails.......meaning, IMOP, ALL reps have improved, or are improving, in quality/authenticity........seems the Chinese KNOW a good deal when they see one and are TRYING to improve almost all "make" of rep watches.......at least manufacture "quality" copies of Rolex/Omega/Panerai/IWC and after they realize the flaws.....improve them......

I NEVER thought I'd see a Rolex/Panerai copy that I couldn't spot from 3' away.......but NOT anymore with some of them.......the 111's......PO's......GMT's......they are gettin' damn close IMOP.......;)

So, IMOP, even if you don't care much for Panerai's you should be thankful they came along......;)