When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

patiently waiting for the PAM 187

dadog13

any info about the release? it is the most common question among us pannie lovers...

a member on ioffer says that it will be out really soon...he has listed the offer...

long time passed since i've ordered a watch... :( ..waiting for the 187. :yawn: ..and don't wanna spend all the funds on other watches...or maybe i should?!!! :huh:

on my list..there is a 217, 036, arktos, jlc, ap, and maybe a patek...if i get some of them i will not have for the 187... :angry:

since no concrete info. :huh: ..my patience is no longer present.. :angry: .maybe i should console myself with some new additions from my wishlist! :Jumpy:

My vote- Get some of the watches from your wishlist!

-Who knows how long it will take for the 187 to hit the general public?

-Who knows what flaws the 187 will first have when it's released?

Maybe it will be better to wait for revision 3 or 4 before making a purchase anyways? Besides... One of those will probably have a Swiss 7753 cased inside!

And, as with anything, price will go down over time.

Just my thoughts on the matter! Enjoy a new watch in the meantime!

What I have posted in the other thread:

Actually 187 is not as big as you think it is. Actually it is kinda big not overly huge. At least not to the extent that you look as if you are wearing a clock on your hand. At least imo. With the construction, the bezel takes up quite a bit of space, and with the sunken sloping 3-D dial, the actual dial itself is smaller in diameter compared to 1950. The sheer size of the watch is due to the thickness. It is one thick mofo.

One thing I am worried about is the movement. Very unstable. I know of at least one rep 187 that has begun displaying problems.

This rep is simply amazing. I can preach enough how good it is but you have to have it in your hands to appreciate it. Save up and get one! It is well worth it, really!

I have actually done a comparison side by side with a gen.

- The gen actually looked smaller than the rep, believe it or not! But still the same size (I have measured them)

- The sunken subdials is more pronounced in the rep than the gen! Surprise..surprise..

- The markers on the subdials are less pronounced as well in terms of the imprints.

- The bezel markers does not stick out as much in height compared to the rep.

- The illume markers' width is thinner in the gen but the illume itself is thicker in height.

- The blue imprint of 1000 is darker and more prominent in the gen.

- The blu-ish AR is more visible in the rep.

- The crown guard of the gen is slightly larger than the rep.

- The chrono pushers screws do not screw all the way in on the gen, giving it a cleaner look without displaying the threads.

- The rubber strap on the gen is of good quality. I was amazed by the texture of the rubber strap!

- Overall, the rep looks like a badder, rawer version of the gen. 187. That is how I feel about it when I put them side by side. Not overly obvious but given that I have spent 14257495060684hrs looking at this watch, I should know! :lol::lol:

I will prob take a photo comparison thingie when I have the time. Been too busy these days.

Seriously, if anyone of you ever consider buying one, stop considering. Just get it! I know it is very pricey but this is by far the best rep I have ever had. My brother has the same watch and he vouch the same.

Ah well, I wish more people has this rep so we could share the joy of appreciating the details of this watch.

Edited by Quarks

I've heard through one of our dealers that the 187 is available now, but the dealers are forced to buy high quantities and the price (their cost) is way too high!

In other words, this watch is going to stay high if people continue to pay the current high asking price, or it will eventually take a major price drop as the supply builds too greatly.

I'm hoping for the later. I will buy one once the price is reasonable. But I will not through over $500 on an Asian 7750 movement from some dealer I can't trust at ioffer.

I will wait until one of our reputable dealers has up for grabs! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Meanwhile I'll keep buying other reps until I can't buy any more :Jumpy:

I'm hooked :whistling:

:victory:

Jon

I have ordered a 187 from a "friend of a friend" who assures me that he can get them from a reliable source in Asia. I am hoping to have it next week and as soon as I do, I will post pictures. If it's as Quark's, I will also post this guy's e-mail address and you can contact him if you want. His price will be $399 shipped in the US; a little more for overseas delivery. My fingers are crossed.

I have ordered a 187 from a "friend of a friend" who assures me that he can get them from a reliable source in Asia. I am hoping to have it next week and as soon as I do, I will post pictures. If it's as Quark's, I will also post this guy's e-mail address and you can contact him if you want. His price will be $399 shipped in the US; a little more for overseas delivery. My fingers are crossed.

You get it for $400 please let me know :Jumpy:

I'm be on it like stink on $hit. :whistling:

Jon

I ordered one from Ken and am awaiting the watch, I've been waiting for a 187 for so long the price didn't really matter to me. As for the asain 7750 when I finally send the watch to The Zigmeister I'll have him put in a swiss 7750 + the extra asian parts that make it work like a 7753 so it'll end up being a reliable watch. Anyway, I wish it would get here already... :)

I ordered one from Ken and am awaiting the watch, I've been waiting for a 187 for so long the price didn't really matter to me. As for the asain 7750 when I finally send the watch to The Zigmeister I'll have him put in a swiss 7750 + the extra asian parts that make it work like a 7753 so it'll end up being a reliable watch. Anyway, I wish it would get here already... :)

Mind me asking, and if I'm not breaking the code of silence :ph34r: , how much you paid?

:Jumpy:

Jon

I Have to agree

I gave up waiting and bought one form Ken

I agree with what "Quarks" said about the watch

and todate no problem with the movement

Regards

RICHARD

Richard, what are your thoughts on the watch? Higher than expected or below? Haven't really got a review from you. Just curious really. :) Nice wrist shot there!

Dirk Pitt: Do post a review when you have received it.

I echo Quarks sentiments. In the long run, this is a must have - even with the crappy movement. I am holding off upgrading the movement in case it ever comes out in 7753. But I am increasingly skeptical that we will ever see it in 7753. On behalf of the membership, I do hope it becomes more widely available. I would be careful with the person claiming they can get it for $400 though. As I understand it, you would be getting it at or below cost from the factory. The best price I had ever heard of previously was $575-600 and none of those folks have delivered. I know. :huh: I am still waiting for that order. :disgust:

Damn it, is there any way you could possibly convert it to 7753? I'm thinking maybe you could just take a stndard 7753 movement and pop it in? The datefont may not be right, but at least you've got a reliable movment and a correct date function. I'm very close on the breaking point of ordering this too.

And does anyone here also know if the Co-Axial 7750 with the seconds @9 would fit in this?

I just hope it comes with a 7753 at a reasonable price. If it's like the PAM196 and 188 price I'll be happy.

I have to wait on this as it is, *all* my money has gone into watches lately, so I need to save up some more.

:(

I got mine yesterday; all I can say is amazing! I echo everything said about this rep by the others that have gotten theirs. Very good quality control on this watch.

The only negative I can see so far is the poor dial lume which is par for the course in the rep world, but I can fix that with a trip to the Ziggman. ;) I’ll post some pictures later today or tomorrow.

This is a must have watch for sure!!!