When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

University of York - England

Dutchy

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome news, Floris.

My wife and I visited York last summer, and found it to be a great town. And the Yorkshire countryside was beautiful as well. I can't imagine being able to spend four years living and studying in such a wonderful place.

In addition to your business courses, I hope you can take some archeology and history courses dedicated to the rich legacy of York.

I recall at least two very nice watch shops in the downtown area. I am sure that they will become used to you studying the watches in their windows.

For the rest of RWG members, I urge you to plan a vacation visit to York, and be sure to invite a young college student out for dinner.

Awesome news, Floris.

My wife and I visited York last summer, and found it to be a great town. And the Yorkshire countryside was beautiful as well. I can't imagine being able to spend four years living and studying in such a wonderful place.

In addition to your business courses, I hope you can take some archeology and history courses dedicated to the rich legacy of York.

I recall at least two very nice watch shops in the downtown area. I am sure that they will become used to you studying the watches in their windows.

For the rest of RWG members, I urge you to plan a vacation visit to York, and be sure to invite a young college student out for dinner.

Thanks so much my friend!! I actually looked that history course up that you mentioned earlier, there are so many!! I can't wait to see the cathedral as well!! Anyway, I will check the place out in September and I will post a whole review of the place (did you know theres 365 pubs there? One for every day of the year. None can leave and none can join unless one replaces the other!) Can't wait. Thanks again!!....Finally a place to check out watches too.....I'm so bored here in Venezuela, lol :)

Congratuations Dutchy....You earned it!

Thanks Rob!!! :)

Thanks guys!!! I'm still really excited. Never thought I'd make it when all the nerves came into action!!!

Hola Dutchy :)

Be sure not to leave without a bunch of these...

277238-2210.jpg

And these...

277238-2211.jpg

UNLESS you get to know one of these:

277238-2212.jpg

Have some severe FUN Dude!!!

George :p:blink::victory:

P.S. The pills do also work in BKK...

just curious, is that a good university? never heared of it, thats why i'm asking. what kind of requirements did you have to fullfill?

my friend is at LSE, he said you need to have an average A in all your high school classes to get in. he would not reccomend it though, because they do nothing but theoretical stuff.

just curious, is that a good university? never heared of it, thats why i'm asking. what kind of requirements did you have to fullfill?

my friend is at LSE, he said you need to have an average A in all your high school classes to get in. he would not reccomend it though, because they do nothing but theoretical stuff.

Well its in the top 20 in England. Check out on Google (its a pdf) "The Sunday Times League Table" (they only have up to 2006 as 2007 isnt done yet). Its only one of the league tables but one of the most accurate.

OK, this thread has been going on long enough. Dutchy needs to know what he is in for.

This is the first-year dormitory. They really, really want you to get fresh air while at the University.

278679-1874.jpg

This is what the streets of York look like after a night of drinking. Notice how the streets seem to get narrower and the walls move closer and closer and closer...

278679-1875.jpg

But you will have many outstanding professors to keep you from going astray. They know what it is like to paint the town red.... or purple. They certainly must be well paid.

278679-1876.jpg

This is a typical second-year student. I can't imagine why he turned out this way. It must have something to do with the many beautiful girls who flock to the freshmen. Or perhaps not.

278679-1877.jpg

(note: All are images of York)

Dude you have an amazing sense of humor :lol:

Great shots by the way, made them while there??

Last August.

The first picture is actually the ruins of an abbey that is in a park in the middle of the city. My wife and I stayed in a B&B just on the opposite side of the park from the central city, so we walked past past these ruins many times each day. Magical.

The street is known simply as The Shambles, one of the oldest streets in the city, if not in England. If I recall, people were taxed on the amount of square footage they had on the ground level, so they built conservatively at ground level and cheated outward on the second level. Needless to say, there are several historic pubs there. I'd have to check a guide book, but this actually might be the oldest.

278717-1866.jpg