When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need serious help from Brit & Us members ! This is not a joke.

Stephane

Hi All,

I'm in deep sh*t :blink: and do not want it to hit the fan :Jumpy:

I must know, before my sunday 11am (Paris time), how I should pronounce this guy's name.

Aaron (singing Lili/U-Turn).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJRh0PlWB6g

I would pronounce it like the first name Aron or Annabel or Eva with a french A.

Not like in "I have A (E in french) great day".

Thank you very much for your kind help.

Cheers

Stephane

It depends. Is he American or British? :D

Oh, they're French, so it'd be pronounced however you think it should. Ask Simon Buret and Olivier Coursier, the band members, how it should be pronounced.

Well, that is fun, because Olivier and Simon will arrive in few minutes at my place...just joking.

Ok, I think I'll go for Air-run.

Another teaser: Michael Bubl

Hmmm, I'll pick one of these...I have 4 hours left to decide ;)

Many thanks guys.

Cheers

Stephane

Heh. Since buying my computer, I haven't once used the mic function. This was my chance tonight.

Using the pronunciation guide above, this is how they would sound. I hope the American one is right! It's a popular American name but I've personally rarely heard it used in Britain, except biblically.

http://minorcrisis.net/files/Aaron.wav

You can copy-paste that unto your players, instead of clicking on it directly. Not sure if this saves bandwidth, but I believe I'm not allowed to embed without VIP. :)

The correct and proper pronunciation of Aaron is AHH-RON......the etymology of the name Aaron is derived from Aaron the brother of Moses.....it's a Hebraic name and therefore should be pronounced as in Israel.......AHHRON....!

The correct and proper pronunciation of Aaron is AHH-RON......the etymology of the name Aaron is derived from Aaron the brother of Moses.....it's a Hebraic name and therefore should be pronounced as in Israel.......AHHRON....!

Thanks TTK.

I would prefer to pronounce it that way as I think Moses brother deserves some respect :o

Ok we're set !

Many thanks to all.

Cheers

Stephane

Neil, if you wanna play hardball, then it should technically be Aharon, since that's how it's spelled in Hebrew it is. So to be completely obnoxious you would call him Ah ha ron, not to be confused, of course with Acha ron (which means "last")

Just call the bloke Air-run and all should be cool...

I stopped playing hardball when I saw an old friend onboard a flight to New York.......I cried over to him 'Hi Jack"........it went down like a lead flotation device......and quicker than Paris at a bukkake convention......air marshall was not at all pleased......what's in a name......I say tomato ...you say tomayto.....potato ..potayto...let's call the whole thing off....!

I stopped playing hardball when I saw an old friend onboard a flight to New York.......I cried over to him 'Hi Jack"........it went down like a lead flotation device......and quicker than Paris at a bukkake convention......air marshall was not at all pleased......what's in a name......I say tomato ...you say tomayto.....potato ..potayto...let's call the whole thing off....!

:lol:

total gems ttk :victory: