When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wow! It may not have been your watch and actually I am very thankful. ;) It looks so good. I had sent a shot of the gen when illuminated and the reality is that two coats of Ziggy Lume is definitely luming brighter and more consistently then the gen which is silk screened but still shows "soft spots" on the inner bezel when illuminated. IMHO, it does not get better than this. :1a:

Holy crap. Definitely getting one and sending it to ZZ once summer vacation is over. :D If there was an extra charge for reluming the Cousteau, it would be entirely justifiable.

Given the time and difficulty in doing this lume, and the fact that I had to do it not once, but twice...your correct, the pricing is going to be more than a normal lume.

Thanks for the kind words.

RG

The Zigmeister i had hear you were the master chrono man and now i know why. :1a:

i have heard nothing but good and exceptinal reviews of your work from cvustomers and our fellow modders.

Flav was right you are the chrono master.

Is it true you fix a 7750 while eating you breakfast every morning? B)

Ziggy i had hear you were the master chrono man and now i know why. :1a:

i have heard nothing but good and exceptinal reviews of your work from cvustomers and our fellow modders.

Flav was right you are the chrono master.

Is it true you fix a 7750 while eating you breakfast every morning? B)

I would have to guess you are a regular on RWI, seeing that you only joined here yesterday...

Thanks for the kind words, I actually dream of 7750's and El Primero's at night, with visions of Super Lume dancing in my head.

I like to think I can hold my own with movement servicing, and also with lume applications...

Welcome aboard, I will have to click on your signature and find out about you, since you already know about me :)

@ amplitude

I am just as suprised as you are, after the first coat, it did not look good, and I was not sure I could pull it off... a break, a cup of tea and success in the end.

RG

Hi friend, amazing work, is it possible to have better pics of the bezel ring relumed in the daylight? it looks a bit rough.

Not possible to have closer pics, as it is now, the picture I showed is at least 4 times magnified from what the size of the watch is in person, so any variations you see are 4 times larger than they appear in real life. I see no purpose in showing a 10 times magnified view of the lume, when in person you can't even see details at this scale (unless your superman). You would have to step back from your monitor at least 10 feet, to see the watch at the same scale as it is seen in person, and at that distance, it looks fine...

The lume is applied one pin head drop size at a time, and anyone who has worked with Super Lume will tell you, it's very difficult to apply evenly, especially on such a large surface.

Consider the 4 times magnification of my picture, and the way lume works (you can't brush it on like paint, it's put on one drop at a time by hand), and given the area to be covered, I am very pleased with the results.

I challenge anyone to try applying lume by hand, and get anywhere near the same results as I did on this watch, the factory does it by when using a Silkscreen...think of my work as being a custom job, like a fine oil painting done by hand, instead of a run of the mill factory job.

I can apply lume very smoothly, on smaller parts, such as shown here...with a 20 times magnification.

Ask anyone who does lume, to post daylight pictures at the same magnification I do, daylight shows any and all defects, glow pictures are meaningless when it comes to quality of the lume application.

Here are daylight pictures of my work...I think they speak for themselves...

278534-1884.jpg

278534-1885.jpg

278534-1886.jpg

@ kruzer

Our tea is like our beer compared to american beer, it has some bite to it...

RG

Guest RiverwindMDS

I know you are the best, I just wanted to see better the good result you achieved.

If you can do a 20x picture I would be very grateful to you.

It is just to see how you did that.

thanks