When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some is stealing By-Tor's Pics

triplehd

So, here I am in the office today on this bright and sunny Saturday afternoon and decided to take a break and browse the 'bay and then ioffer. I love the ridiculous prices on ioffer. Well, while browsing Ioffer, I noticed that a seller selling an Omega GMT had some kick-ass pics of the watch. Here I am thinking, where have I seen these pics before? HERE, that's where ! These are By-Tor's pics.

Omega GMT with By-Tor's Pics

The funny part is, when reading his description, he states, :Actual pictures were taken by myself.:

The only way he could have used By-Tor's pics was being logged in, right? That means, he had to be a member at one time or another.

Hmmm........ :whistling:

Wow... stealing rep pics. That's kinda... cheap. :lol:

Ioffer and Ebay are full of stolen pics... this is just another scam dealer, apparently.

I guess we have to start watermarking our pics, huh? But if he's stealing your pics, he had to be a member of one of the boards at one time......

Take it as a compliment. :D

If it were I, I would give him a sound verbal thrashing on his site. That's not cool, as Americans say, on so many levels (fraud being the most offensive one).

"Currently offline phil10 (2)

Rosieres Pres Troyes, France - Member since 1/30/2006"

Ring any bells, as to possible location of said ex-or current forum member?

Easy solution, is for By-Tor to contact the website they are appearing on, explain the situation, and request the images be withdrawn from the servers with immediate (say 12-24 hr) effect. If not, then their liable for theft of intellectual property (the photographer retains lifetime rights to images they create)

How stupid will the seller look, when their sale features blank spaces with little red Xs where the pictures once went, or, better yet, an image saying the photos were removed for X reason (as when Imageshack remove reported images) Very easy to resolve, next to impossible to prevent recurring...

The only way he could have used By-Tor's pics was being logged in, right? That means, he had to be a member at one time or another.

Hmmm........ :whistling:

Not necessarily on this site. There are others where you don't need to be a member to see By-Tor's pics because his reviews are also posted there. RWI for example.

However, it does indicate that said individual is a member of one of these rep forums (as was said before).

Wow... stealing rep pics. That's kinda... cheap. :lol:

Ioffer and Ebay are full of stolen pics... this is just another scam dealer, apparently.

By-Tor, I'm not an intellectual property rights attorney, but that is your wrist in that picture. I would think that you're entitled to payment as a wrist model. We could probably enlist my wife who is a marketing professor to testify as to what a fine wrist it is too, so as to bring the highest possiible model royalty fees.

Thanks guys.. but who really cares... it's a counterfeit watch and if someone is using counterfeit pics of it... c'est la vie. :)

Who buys from these Ioffer sites anyway? Aren't all those dealers more or less scam artists?

Edited by By-Tor