When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hot or not?

stenofsweden

I am the furthest thing someone can be from an expert, but I do know what my rep looks like. Now this one looks exactly like mine, whick makes me want to say the one posted is a rep.

Since I don't which model year my ETA noobmariner was modeled after, I can't say what changes were made in what year. But to me (and lord knows I'm probably wrong), I can see one, maybe two (again, depending on yearly changes) that say rep. First, the crown looks too tall. On a gen, the crown is shorter so that about 3/4 of the crown is protected by the guards, as opposed to about 1/2 on a rep. Second, I noticed, that while looking on Rolex's website, that "swiss made" covers exactly 5 shortened second marks, while on the rep, it covers 3, while 2 are on the outside. BUT, that could completely be one of those design changes from year to year.

If it is a rep., I'd appreciate it if an expert could point out the details that show it as one, so I know what to look for.

-Fred

Guest carlsbadrolex

I am going to say... I dont know. The engraving is much better than the reps that I have, but the finish seems rough. The bezel looks good though. I will say GEN.

REP.

Look at the cg's- they envelop the crown at the bottom- gens are much straighter. Crown is too big, also.

On the side view, look at the position of the crown- too low, common problem on reps.

Engraving looks OK- beats that lazer printed/engraved junk.

Pearl doesn't look too bad in the pic.

If the cg's were trimmed and a gen crown installed, it would be tough to call.

The engraving of the serial is a quite good though.

I wish I had that on mine :wounded1:

It can be pictures of two different watches.

The picture is horrible, and it's taken from a weird angle. This could be a Noobmariner, because it's the only rep that difficult to tell from the upright view. The cg's don't look right (although they're close). The crown is oversized and thick (as someone stated earlier) and the threads seem to be smooth and not refined correctly. There's also certain "plasticy" look on the rehaut & crystal "meeting point" on the CN-based reps (like the Nooby) which is difficult to explain.

The bracelet doesn't look correct, either. But the angle is really bad. I wish I'd see more pics of this. But I'm betting for a Nooby.

Edited by By-Tor

This could just be my visual perception playing with my mind...but I'd have to agree with By-Tor and say it was two different watches.

Simply because the position of the bezel differs between both pictures.

Frontal pic shows bezel rotated to difference position (pearl @ 15 mins.)

Serial pic shows bezel rotated to "30" position @ 6pm.

I could be wrong, but when I snap photos, I don't like inconsistencies.

sten, do you have the orig. link or more pics 2 post?

100% rep and potential scam.

Top pic is eeeeuw, not even close. Faults? All the usual suspects...CGs, crown alignment, datefont, dial etc.

Bottom pic is clearly different watch - notice the distinguishing scuff/mark on the insert just right of the 30 marker? :thumbdown:

Sten, why the query? Seller misrepresenting goods? :brow: